Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 46 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 45 46
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Beautiful words. I love the trees, too. I've often thought that if I were an artist it would be the trees that I'd draw. Only the trees. My favorite is the American Sycamore, I think.

You're a beader? May ask a question? Do you have any advise on sewing cowrie shells to fabric? I'm driving myself crazy trying to sew cowries to the top and sleeves of my dress. I doesn't seem like it should be so much trouble; maybe my fingers are just clumsy from inexperience. My patience is growing thin. This dress is going to require serious smudging when I'm done with it.

Do you set up a booth and sell your work at powwows? Can you post any pictures? I'd love to see your work.
(that's okay, isn't it Phyllis?)

blessings to you,
Conni

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Connidee

Do you set up a booth and sell your work at powwows? Can you post any pictures? I'd love to see your work.
(that's okay, isn't it Phyllis?)

blessings to you,
Conni

Of course that is ok, Conni. We share so much of so many topics here at the Campfire. We could open another thread - something like "My Special Craft" to share with all, then talk about how this craft or artwork makes us feel, etc, and share pictures. That would be a fun thread to post in and read.

The Campfire Circle is for all to share whatever is on their minds. I would love to see your beadwork also, Kimi.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 09/21/09 06:04 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
That would be fun. Great idea Phyllis. Were you a school teacher?

OP Offline
No - I was never a school teacher, Conni. I did participate in a co-op preschool with my children when they were little, but that was as close as I ever came to being a teacher.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Welcome to the Campfire. Dance with us in the Circle of Life. Blessings to all.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
The cold weather and holidays are coming upon us quickly. If you had a bountiful harvest, please share with the less fortunate. Remember the children on the reservations and that they will need warm clothing for these cold months.

I know some of you knit or crochet scarves, hats and mittens to send to reservations and that is wonderful.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Finished up scarf #74 last night and started #75. I'm well on my way to making my goal of 100 hat/scarf sets for the Christmas Party at St Labre Indian School in Montana.

We didn't have much money to donate this year, but I did have a bunch of yarn leftovers. Once family and friends learned of my project, more yarn got donated. And it keeps coming from all over. I have had so much fun with this, designing the sets and learning new stitches. Each set is unique, and I hope the children will enjoy their warmth as much as I have enjoyed making them.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
OP Offline
Wonderful! You are so dedicated to your missions, Icp. What a gal!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hello everyone, my apologies for being away so long. We had a great time at our Tribal Family Day, this past weekend. My little craft table raised $20 in donations, but more importantly, the kids had a great time making something to remember the day by. I was so pleased there were several activities for the children. They had a potato dance and a candy dance. Our Children are our Future. It's so important to keep them engaged and involved in our Culture.

One young man was working on a craft project and commented "I like this one better!" Confused, I asked him what did he like better. "THIS family reunion, I like it much better!" That one comment made all my efforts worth every moment of preparation.

Of course, the covered dish meal was outstanding. My husband lamented he only had one stomach. But his raffle ticket luck was in high gear. My daughter and I both won chokers, my Mother a walking stick, and the 4th winning ticket out of only 10, he gave to a child. She was so excited to win something.

The weather was beautiful and I hope word gets out to more Tribal members of the varying activities so our attendance will increase. We did have more children than in the past, but then, that was skewed a bit, as the Chief's Granddaughters were able to attend, a set of identical QUADS!

The only downside, and the reason I've been away from the forum, I brought home a nasty cold. It's trying hard to get into my chest, and I'm fighting it hard.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
OP Offline
Sounds like you all had a great time, Icp. Wish I could have been there. You are so right - our children are our future and we should endeavor to make sure Mother Earth is protected for them.

I love crafts and involving children in them. Kids can come up with some pretty good ideas if given the right tools. You must have worked hard for this special day. I always admire your dedication and perserverance. Sounds like it paid off.

Thanks for sharing this special day with us.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 40 of 46 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.