logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 46 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 45 46
B
B
It seems as if I've become so much more aware of everything since my son died. On a recent trip to my Dr.(4 hr. drive oneway), I saw some sort of large water bird, like a crane or large pelican. It flew right at my car, then veered to my right and landed on the hill rising from the shoulder of the road. This is quite strange as I was in West Virginia, nowhere near any large bodies of water. Though Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay are fairly close, I've never seen birds like that this far west. Then just a few days later, I saw a man walking down the street with a small green parrot on his shoulder. The bird didn't seem restrained in any way. Why am I suddenly being aware of so many birds, do they have some sort of special meaning that I'm not picking up on. Is my son or Spirit trying to reach me and/or send a special message? Any ideas? Victoria

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Hi Victoria, it is good to hear from you again. I pray all is well with you and your healing is taking place. You wrote:
"Why am I suddenly being aware of so many birds, do they have some sort of special meaning that I'm not picking up on. Is my son or Spirit trying to reach me and/or send a special message? Any ideas?"

This would be a very good question to ask Elleise in the Clairvoyance forum. Since this thread is simply for the creatures of Nature we see each day, we cannot devote the time your question deserves, since it would be off-topic. I would love to give you some thoughts on this question, as I know others would. Please start a topic in the Calairvoyance forum and I will jump over there and comment on it. It is a very interesting subject you have brought up.

Another good forum to pose this question would be in the dreams forum. Aisling is very good at interpreting dreams. She has an article on bird symbolism in dreams that you might get some enlightment from, at the following link:

Birds Dream Symbols

We have been having thunder storms and rain almost every afternoon for several days. After each storm, I see a lot of dragonflys zipping around. They are so pretty when the sun shines on their irredescent wings.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 08/02/09 01:32 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
My friends recently moved and blessed me with almost all of their potted plants. Yesterday we definitely needed a break and headed out for the beach. As we were backing out of the drive, I noticed a HUGE electric blue dragonfly perched on the tip of the snake plant.

The mosquitoes have come with all the rain, and the dragonflys are very large and happy!

I don't know if dragonflys actually eat mosquitoes. But, last October at the Pow-wow, I commented on how large and numerous they were. Momma Martin responded they were getting big on all the mosquitoes.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
...perhaps it is a totem trying to reach her...I usually look up the birds I see and figure out what they are and go from there.

Creator will reach you however they feel they need to.

moving on:

Saw a Red Shouldered Hawk sitting on the fence post at the opening of our development last week.

Dragonflies are of the water and mosquitoes emerge from the water the same as dragons. They most certainly do eat them up.

They have been massive around here as of late. And we have been getting the ones with the spotted ones more often than the giant darners and meadow hawks.

In California we went to the shooting range this past Sunday. The Darners there were HUGE, so large that if I were practiced enough I could have used them for targets, (I definitely wouldn't they are my totem) big and black. Absolutely gorgeous.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Hmmmm....can one buy Drangonflys - a whole bag full? I saw a few more today, but I hope we get more to keep the mosquitos away.

I just saw about 12 brown ducks flying over - on their way to the lake by the Truckee River, I bet. There is a huge park downtown with a small lake with a fountain in the middle. The ducks like to gather there with the geese and other water fowl. I know a group of geese is a 'gaggle', and a group of crows is a 'murder', but, what is a group of ducks? A flock?

My grandson and daughter found a Mourning Dove that the neighbor's cat got a hold of. It is alive (the Dove), but in shock. I wrapped a cloth napkin around it and put it in a box. My daughter and grandson took it to a friend of theirs who is working for the Animal Shelter. Hopefully she can help to heal it. It's little eyes kept watching us like it had trust in us to save him.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 08/06/09 09:53 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
A friend called me this morning, ecstatic. She had seen a large bird in her back yard. Wingspan at least 4 feet, black with solid white head. There is a nest in the neighbor's yard and with binoculars she can make out two young ones. The female on the nest is mottled brown.

She assumed them to be eagles and was concerned as the neighbor has been removing trees and burning regularly. The DNR "bird" guy told her they were red tailed hawks. I'm going over tomorrow to have a look for myself.

In the meantime, thought I would ask here and on the birding forum, "Has anyone ever hear of a red tailed hawk with a solid white head?" I haven't.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
It could be a Pale Male Red Tail Hawk, Icp. This is exciting! the female would not be so brightly colored.

See "All About Birds" at the following link:

Red Tail Hawks

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 08/07/09 05:21 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I wasn't able to get over there today. But I forwarded her the picture. Thanks so much for it and the link. From her description, this might our guy.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Pale Males are beautiful. Of course, I am partial to Hawks.

We have been seeing a lot of bats lately. Just after the sun goes down they start coming out to gobble up the mosquitos.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
I saw a Jackalope last night! Actually, it was at a new resturaunt we went to for my youngest brother's birthday. There are old western and Native American pictures all over the place and one statue was a Jackalope.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 08/26/09 01:59 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 25 of 46 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 06:17 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.