logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 46 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 45 46
B
B
Last Friday I went to the cemetary where my beloved son is for the first time since his funeral(6/24/09).It is a beautiful place high on a hill reached only by a winding road lined by Lebanon Pines. It's like driving thru a tunnel,then you emerge into the bright sunshine at the entrance to the main gardens. Upon leaving, there were 3 lovely deer standing on the hill.One was a young buck with his antlers just beginning to bud.They just stood there watching us for the longest time.Oh, and a wild turkey was nearby as well.These are not uncommon sites here in the beautiful mountains of north central West Virginia, but I thought it may have some meaning as it hasn't even been a month since my son crossed, and the way in which they were not frightened and watched us so intently for so long.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
That's so special! Maybe the deer had gathered to support you. I have always felt them to be such peaceful and loving creatures. I know that was a very emotional trip to make, but it sounds like such a beautiful place.

I had to run back up to the courthouse today and could hardly believe my eyes. Another frigate bird was circling over me, and this time much lower. I need to locate a local bird watching group and get some info. This is my second sighting in just a few months.

Our hawks were hanging around this afternoon. I let the dog out and one of the "boys" landed on the lowest branch of the tree right next to the back fence. My concerns about their comfort level around us AND the dog are increasing. However, there is not a thing I can do about it. At least the woodpeckers haven't attacked anything lately!

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
brokenheartedmom, this is very special that you saw the deer and turkey. One of the symbolisms of Deer is Grace. The Deer is gentle and quiet. The symbolism for Turkey is the "spirit of giving", "sacrifice", and "common good". I imagine these symbolic messages will be important to you. May your son Walk his Journey with Peace and Harmony.

I saw some Mule Deer a few days ago when driving around Galena, Nevada. They are so beautiful and peaceful.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 07/07/09 03:45 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Icp, our forum on Birding in the Hobbies and Crafts section is very helpful for getting info and identifications.

Late yesterday, I saw two Osprey circling our little mountain range. They were huge. It is rare to see them this far in from the lakes, for they are fish-eating birds. It was truly an awesome sight.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 07/07/09 03:38 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
It's strange you mentioned Osprey. My husband and I saw three adults circling over the road the other day. I just remembered. Thought they were buzzards at first glance, as I've never seen a group of them circling like that. However, we were next to a park with a large pond. With a few tall trees, that would be a perfect nesting place, even though it's in the center of town.

My husband works on the waterfront. They have one crane at the far end they couldn't use all spring. Osprey apparently think those cranes are put up especially for them to nest on.

He has so many funny stories about osprey on the waterfront. One day he saw one with a sizable fish in its mouth. There were several birds fluttering around trying to get the osprey to drop the fish. A few moments later he saw an osprey flying in the same direction with a Big Stick! It was probably a different osprey, but the timing was just too comical.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I apologize for using this thread as my hawk diary, but I just have to share this.

I had already commented on one of the "boys" remaining on a very near tree branch as my dog and I went out yesterday. Later that afternoon I was pulling weeds in the backyard. I was bent down and working my way over to the 6 ft fence. I was within 5 ft of the fence when I heard something on it. I looked up just in time to see one of the hawks fly off from its perch, about 5 feet away from where I was working.

I have no idea how long it was sitting there, but amazed it tolerated me getting that close. This is getting more strange by the day. It really feels like they are watching over us, both my husband and me. I'm trying my best to keep my mind open for their message, but nothing has come through yet.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Have you meditated on this, Icp? The message, however, may come to you in the most simple and unexpected way.

This morning, when out walking my dog, I saw the crows trying to scare away two hawks again. They can get so nasty at times. It reminded me of the story of when Creator was passing out gifts to the birds and He eventually came to the last gift. It was beautiful feathers with red on the under side. Crow spoke up and said that he should have them because he was so beautiful and all that he flew over was his. Creator looked over at Hawk, who was politely sitting very quietly and gave the feathers to Hawk because he was humble. Since that time, Crow has been angry with Hawk and jealous and tries to shoo Hawk away.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Apparently mine have called a truce. The crows pretty much stay on their side of the street now. I have seen them flying over the house, in haste. The crows haven't perched in any of our trees in a while. I guess they got the hawks' message. Sure wish I could!

Hawks are just as noisy, if not more so. But I'll take a hawk's screech over a crow's squawk any day.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
I agree with you on that. Hawk's screech is much less annoying.

I saw two large white rabbits with black and brown markings this morning. They belong to my neighbor. She is on vacation and I have been going over every day to clean their area and make sure they have fresh food and water. This morning is the first time I saw them, for they always hide when I go in. This time, I guess they did not hear me coming and they were both out in the open. They sure are cute, but boy! the smell from their potty area is atrocious!!!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
I just had to share this special encounter with everyone. My son has a new totem - a skunk! This skunk visits him every day and seems quite tame. Here is a picture he took of his new little friend:

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 24 of 46 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/21/24 01:27 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.