Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Do you spend a lot of time reading and/or posting on forums, like this one or others? Where do you hang out? Do you post there for fun, friendship, or networking?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
When I first started my website, I spent a lot of time posting on forums to get my link out there, etc, so mostly for networking. As I added blogs though, it got cumbersome posting for links. I've now settled on a couple forums, like this one, where I mostly hang out for fun and see what everybody's talking about.

I just don't have time for all the social networks I once was on. It takes so long to really do them justice, writing blogs, reading what others say and commenting. Too much work!

I recently joined Facebook tho and that's turned out to be fun. I started out doing it for networking but actually reconnected with some people from high school and other surprising places.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I do spend a lot of time here on the BellaOnline forums. I don't see that as networking so much as sharing with other women about mey life, hopes and dreams...looking for personal advice, and some degree of an in-lieu social life. :-)

I have a few other forums, like one about RVing, one about blogging in general/specific, a coach forum I take part in (not free but very helpful), and, of course, Facebook and Twitter.

Twitter is now both fun for me and also a place to do article networking. Facebook is mostly for fun, although I do run a Fan Page for RunPee and add updates for people who want to know what is going on with new movie pee times and phone platform updates - RunPee Fan page on Facebook

You can make a fan page for people to get really targeted Facebook conversation. If you are a complete Twilight fanatic, you could, for example, fan one their pages and get some other equally rabid conversation going.

Not saying that everyone need to spend more time lost on forums...but the right ones can really provide incredible free help, socializing or just plain entertainment in a free, interactive environment.

What forums do people visit a lot - like almost every day. And why do you bother going? Be honest!

G
G
I like conversations in forums. I can learn and share many things and also make friends with people in the world. It's such a great idea to create a common platform for everyone. Besides our forum, I'm a member in Digitalpoint and Elancetalk. I like all.

At work I spend half of my lunch and break time in forums. I rarely visit them at home.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I spend the most time on this forum at Bella online lol ! I mostly use forums for speedier help with online writing issues and affiliate marketing program help. I hate trawling through 'Help' FAQs and find my colleagues on the affiliate marketing program My Freelance Writing Site belongs to answer so quickly and give generously of their time and expertise - as do all the posters here on this forum.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I've found that I have spurts where I post TONS her on the BellaOnline forums. At one point I was even the top poster above Lisa and Rosie (Skyhaven)! But then there are lulls where I fall off the board completely.

I think for me it depends on how busy i am in my other life or what topics are going on here at BellaOnline that I am really checking and responding too.

N
N
When on Care2 I would spend hours there, it was worth it since so much good happened but also it drove me insane because of how they did not care about their members so I had to leave. Here I come here once in a while, I started about two years ago to go through every pages starting with the first category and look into every threads but like I said I do not spend too much time doing that, some days I come here more and some days not. In my first years on the internet I would spend hours on Yahoo. Now the website I go to the most is Youtube for the videos and yes comments (a lot of idiocies but also it can be super fun reading online comments).

R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
I like conversations in forums. I can learn and share many things and also make new friends in the world. It's such a great thing to create a common platform for everyone. Besides our forum, I'm a member on Digitalpoint, wholesale forum and many more. I like to involve on all the forums.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I enjoy forums; threads stay together and a person can find information easily. On FB or Twitter, it is next to impossible to find a thread unless you recall who started it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.