BellaOnline
Posted By: Jilly How much time do you spend on forums? - 07/21/09 07:32 PM
Do you spend a lot of time reading and/or posting on forums, like this one or others? Where do you hang out? Do you post there for fun, friendship, or networking?
Posted By: Joan541 Re: How much time do you spend on forums? - 07/22/09 07:17 PM
When I first started my website, I spent a lot of time posting on forums to get my link out there, etc, so mostly for networking. As I added blogs though, it got cumbersome posting for links. I've now settled on a couple forums, like this one, where I mostly hang out for fun and see what everybody's talking about.

I just don't have time for all the social networks I once was on. It takes so long to really do them justice, writing blogs, reading what others say and commenting. Too much work!

I recently joined Facebook tho and that's turned out to be fun. I started out doing it for networking but actually reconnected with some people from high school and other surprising places.
Posted By: Jilly Re: How much time do you spend on forums? - 07/25/09 05:00 AM
I do spend a lot of time here on the BellaOnline forums. I don't see that as networking so much as sharing with other women about mey life, hopes and dreams...looking for personal advice, and some degree of an in-lieu social life. :-)

I have a few other forums, like one about RVing, one about blogging in general/specific, a coach forum I take part in (not free but very helpful), and, of course, Facebook and Twitter.

Twitter is now both fun for me and also a place to do article networking. Facebook is mostly for fun, although I do run a Fan Page for RunPee and add updates for people who want to know what is going on with new movie pee times and phone platform updates - RunPee Fan page on Facebook

You can make a fan page for people to get really targeted Facebook conversation. If you are a complete Twilight fanatic, you could, for example, fan one their pages and get some other equally rabid conversation going.

Not saying that everyone need to spend more time lost on forums...but the right ones can really provide incredible free help, socializing or just plain entertainment in a free, interactive environment.

What forums do people visit a lot - like almost every day. And why do you bother going? Be honest!
I like conversations in forums. I can learn and share many things and also make friends with people in the world. It's such a great idea to create a common platform for everyone. Besides our forum, I'm a member in Digitalpoint and Elancetalk. I like all.
Posted By: paulblau Re: How much time do you spend on forums? - 08/05/09 06:19 PM
At work I spend half of my lunch and break time in forums. I rarely visit them at home.
I spend the most time on this forum at Bella online lol ! I mostly use forums for speedier help with online writing issues and affiliate marketing program help. I hate trawling through 'Help' FAQs and find my colleagues on the affiliate marketing program My Freelance Writing Site belongs to answer so quickly and give generously of their time and expertise - as do all the posters here on this forum.
Posted By: Jilly Re: How much time do you spend on forums? - 08/06/09 08:37 PM
I've found that I have spurts where I post TONS her on the BellaOnline forums. At one point I was even the top poster above Lisa and Rosie (Skyhaven)! But then there are lulls where I fall off the board completely.

I think for me it depends on how busy i am in my other life or what topics are going on here at BellaOnline that I am really checking and responding too.
When on Care2 I would spend hours there, it was worth it since so much good happened but also it drove me insane because of how they did not care about their members so I had to leave. Here I come here once in a while, I started about two years ago to go through every pages starting with the first category and look into every threads but like I said I do not spend too much time doing that, some days I come here more and some days not. In my first years on the internet I would spend hours on Yahoo. Now the website I go to the most is Youtube for the videos and yes comments (a lot of idiocies but also it can be super fun reading online comments).
Posted By: Ravina Re: How much time do you spend on forums? - 05/10/21 07:50 AM
I like conversations in forums. I can learn and share many things and also make new friends in the world. It's such a great thing to create a common platform for everyone. Besides our forum, I'm a member on Digitalpoint, wholesale forum and many more. I like to involve on all the forums.
Posted By: Angie Re: How much time do you spend on forums? - 05/10/21 01:06 PM
I enjoy forums; threads stay together and a person can find information easily. On FB or Twitter, it is next to impossible to find a thread unless you recall who started it.
Posted By: Krztypie Re: How much time do you spend on forums? - 05/13/21 09:28 PM
I like forums as I can't really express much when talking so I check in like twice a week.
I have mixed feelings about SM and forums and find they are very destructive to my creative side yet I also need them. And, since I became a writer I have no choice but to join to spread the word. I have found that writing groups on FB are much more involved while on Twitter it seems to be all about how many followers you have. Very little engagement and then there's the date-seeking aspect that really surprised me on Twitter.
But I have met some extraordinary people.
Posted By: Angie Re: How much time do you spend on forums? - 05/14/21 01:28 PM
Forums were much more active before FB came along. Years ago on Delphi forums there was a forum devoted to writers and they would interview authors, share their stories, etc. And that was even when you had to download your comments and couldn't read them on line. I post on FB but I can never find anything that I might want to revisit after a day or two.
Posted By: SunnyWave Re: How much time do you spend on forums? - 01/01/22 03:34 AM
I spend some time a day on forums, mostly for networking, but for leisure as well. Though it appears that forums have got less popular these days and everyone is shifting to social media instead.
Posted By: Angie Re: How much time do you spend on forums? - 01/01/22 03:21 PM
I think people on forums put more thought into what they share and they develop closer bonds. I get little out of Twitter and Facebook is there but .
© BellaOnline Forums