my favorite cookie is Marranitos...ist simple and easy...ist liek gingerbread but little or no ginger at all, its spicy flavor comes from the molasses.ist so good...
* 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
* 1/4 cup shortening
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 cup unsulfured molasses
* 6 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and shortening until smooth. Mix in 1 egg, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the baking soda, cinnamon, and molasses. Mix in flour until the dough is stiff enough to roll out.
3. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into cookies using a pig shaped cookie cutter. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Brush the remaining beaten egg over the tops of the cookies.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the centers of the cookies appear dry and edges are lightly browned.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!