Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
hmarie Offline OP
OP Offline
H
the information...i has asked for here....is not the plant that i thought i had....i need someone to identify...this plant...i assumed it was a brazil....philodrendon....it is not...looks nothing like it.....it is a fast growing plant...i see that the soil takes to the dry side.......has leaves that are wide...with a slight point.........the leaves...new leaves have a pinkish cast....and when the leaves mature...there is hardly a visible sign of pink..i found it to take bright filtered sunlight...this plant does not vine....but grows fast...i ..purchased this plant at home depot.....but after i saw a picture of a brazil philodrendon......the pictures do not match......just wondering what kind of plant i have.....thank you for the help

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
how about an arrowhead plant?

C
C
There are a LOT of varieties of philodendron--several have pink new growth and pointed leaves. Some are refered to as 'self-heading'....a bush form rather than a vining form.

Try googling "self-heading philodendrons reddish new growth"

I saw one that was called Congo Rojo that has reddish new growth.

A
A
Are the leaves heart shaped or narrow or what???? Do they have a wrinkled texture or smooth? I have a Brazilian pothos-they are dark green, heart shaped with a light green stripe down the center. Definitely a vining plant. I'd like to help you identify your plant, but need better description.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
can you post a pic of it?

N
Shark
Shark
N
Originally Posted By: hmarie
the information...i has asked for here....is not the plant that i thought i had....i need someone to identify...this plant...i assumed it was a brazil....philodrendon....it is not...looks nothing like it.....it is a fast growing plant...i see that the soil takes to the dry side.......has leaves that are wide...with a slight point.........the leaves...new leaves have a pinkish cast....and when the leaves mature...there is hardly a visible sign of pink..i found it to take bright filtered sunlight...this plant does not vine....but grows fast...i ..purchased this plant at home depot.....but after i saw a picture of a brazil philodrendon......the pictures do not match......just wondering what kind of plant i have.....thank you for the help

Yes, can you post a picture of it?

N
Shark
Shark
N
I too have/had a plant I don't know the name of.

At one time it was thriving and healthy but started to die off by itself. I have taken a few stems and TRIED to reroot it to start new plant but it just won't root and I really don't want to lose this plant forever.

I will take a pic of the tiny little piece/s I have and also describe what it looks like when it was healthy and lush.

I have looked in local gardening green houses for another plant, healthy, but can't find one.

I was trying to set up a small PINK corner in my livingroom. Pink plant pots containing all pink plants. African violets, plants with pink in their leaves and flowers etc. Not having much luck though. You'd think it'd be easy to find pink African violets but I haven't found any. I found one with pink in it's leaves and tried to root a few leaves but they didn't co-operated and just rotted in the water.

I also want to set up another small area of just blue plants, any suggestions? Do you have any plants with blue tinged leaves and flowers? I have a few blue pots too.

Last edited by Navigaar; 06/15/09 10:22 AM.

N
Shark
Shark
N

Here is the last, pitiful, little thing. If I lose this one it's gone forever, for me anyway:

You can see on one leaf the pink dots.

Last edited by Navigaar; 06/15/09 10:20 AM.

Koala
Koala
I think it is a polka dot plant

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
N
Shark
Shark
N

AHHHHH!! Now that sounds familiar. Let me go do a search and see. Maybe I can find a decent pic of one so you can see how pretty they are, especially when they bloom/blossom/go to seed. Whatever. Thanks c.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sue - Houseplants 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.