Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 32 1 2 28 29 30 31 32
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Hi friends. *waves*

I was OP yesterday. I really want to lose a couple more pounds before school is out for the summer.

Janis, I loved reading your post. I love hearing how motivated you are. I love hearing your wonderful testimony to the Lord. It sounds like you are in a good place right now. I am SO happy for you. I'm glad to hear that about Rick too. I don't know much of your history with him, but I do know that he has caused you some problems and worry.

I loved Awana last night. It is such a blessing and an honor to be able to share God's word. You know, sometimes it's pure chaos in our class and other times I look around and think there's no place in the world I'd rather be. We just have 2 more sessions left for the year.

It is POURING here. It has rained so much we have mushrooms growing in the yard. Enough already. I want to go plant things. smile

Laura, are you doing ok? Let us know, buddy.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Good morning! laugh

Brenda, I think the work you do with the Awana kids is awesome! Did I ever mention to you that I was once an Awana girl? I was! And I had a good time, too. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy it because if you enjoy something, it'll show and I'm sure the kids experience is that much better because you are involved in it with that attitude. I'm still working to get myself in a good place so that I can extend that to others. My heart lies with older folks, for some reason. The thought of somebody's grama or grampa put in a rest home and then forgotten just makes me very sad. I've toyed with the idea many times that I should bake some cookies and take it in to one of the rest homes in our town. Hayley's school Christmas caroled at a few rest homes last Christmas and seeing the joy that it brought to the old folks just brought tears to my eyes. And then, when one of the little old ladies began to sing Silent Night along with the kids, I really got teary eyed. I feel like this is where God is pulling me because He wouldn't give me this strong of a compassion for no reason. I still need to work on my littls flaws, though. I know that I'm improving, though.

Well, I blew it last night and ate a bowl of ice cream. And you know what? I woke up this morning in total pain!!! I am back on track this morning, though. I ate my morning banana and will eat a sandwich before I leave the house to go shopping for Zel.

Brenda, I know you were rooting for Danny, but I must say that I was so thrilled when Kris made it into the top two! When Ryan announced Kris's name, I screamed at the top of my lungs! I am so jazzed! He's such a little cuties pie, too, on top of him being a good musician. I've never had one of my favorites win American Idol. It probably wouldn't be the best thing for Kris if he won, but I really hope he does.

Well, I've better get going. I've got to get myself in the shower. Hope all you lovely ladies are having a good day!

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Laura, you're worrying me. How are you feeling today? I hope you're over the worst part.

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Janis, I did NOT know you were an Awana girl!!! How awesome! Woohooo!!! I feel like I really made more of a connection with the kids and with the whole program this year. smile

I have a very soft spot in my heart for the elderly too. And not just because I'm on the brink of being one myself. LOL I really thought that would be where I spent my time. But I think I am happiest with kids. Just love them. Most of the time. LOL

You should most definitely try to do something with/for the elderly. It sounds like that's really where your heart is!

And congratulations to Kris! I am bummed about my man Danny (his voice is so romantic!) but that just means I'll have to throw my support (and yes, I vote!) to Kris. You know, I'm not trusting that show anymore. I know that some of the idols are promoted HEAVILY (insert major eyeroll here) but I'm at the point where I think parts of it are rigged. Like so many other parts of the world, I'm afraid it's all about the money, honey.

I would LOVE to hear Danny release some awesome Gospel music. Woah, baby! smile

I'm getting worried about Laura too. frown

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Don't worry about me girls. I rested all day (BORING!!!) so am not feelin' too terribly bad. Sent you both emails anyway.

I was never an Awana girl. frown

Janis, you are doing GREAT. Don't worry about a bowl of ice cream. Just resolve to be stronger next time. lovers You know, a bowl of ice cream may not have that much more sugar and fat than a banana does. Those are high in both. It all evens out. In the end it's really a matter of total calories consumed vs. total calories extended, so if you've had an otherwise low cal/fat day, a bowl of ice cream won't hurt you that bad.

What was the pain about?

Brenda, I am sure you can do it with those last few lbs. before summer starts. You could do that in a week! When does summer start anyway? grin

I'm glad you're enjoying your time with the kids. smile

Hi to Lynne! *waves* What are you up to?

Last edited by LKBF; 05/14/09 06:20 PM.
LKBF #520940 05/15/09 10:12 AM
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Good morning!

I was OP yesterday.

Woot, Laura's back! Laura, don't worry, I wasn't an Awana girl either. I am now though! Never too late. smile

Hey, how's the dieting going?

I will check my email later today. DH has the computer tied up this morning. I'm on the laptop again. smile

I guess summer has already started for you! It's not official here until June 5... DD's last day of school. smile

Janis, did you catch Danny's exit interview on Extra? If not, can I send you some links to watch? I'd love to know what you think. I don't think he promoted Sophia at all. But now he can FINALLY talk about it. It must be such a relief. What a rollercoaster he's been on. Anyway, would you watch if I sent the links? Pretty please? LOL

I've got some work I've got to do... I'll check back in later today. smile

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Hey, where are you guys? Come out, come out, whereever you are. smile Shoot Janis, I won't make you watch those Danny Gokey videos if you don't want to. ROFL

I have news. For the first time in at least 4 years, I'm able to wear my wedding rings. They are still a little bit tight, but I've got them on! And I never want to take them off again. Unless of course DH gets on my very last nerve or something. LOL

Seriously, this is a big deal to me. I've tried these rings on for months now. Whew! Finally!

Somebody come in here and post something. I miss you guys.

Last edited by Gilded Lily; 05/16/09 07:41 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hi Brenda,
It's been a quiet weekend in here.
Congratulations on your weight loss. It takes a lot of will power - something that is hard for me.

I was heartbroken when Danny was voted off. I was sure it would be Chris. I'm sure we'll be hearing from him soon.

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Originally Posted By: Gilded Lily
Good morning!

I was OP yesterday.
I'm sure you took the weekend off, but let's hop back up on that wagon and take the "I'm gonna do this for my health" ride. grin

Quote:
Woot, Laura's back! Laura, don't worry, I wasn't an Awana girl either. I am now though! Never too late. smile
Yep, I'm back. Now what happened to Janis??? confused

Quote:
Hey, how's the dieting going?
Didn't do tooo terribly bad this weekend. We went to a buffet yesterday when we were out. The worst thing I had was a piece of fried catfish with tarter sauce. Had a little chicken salad too. Other than that, I had a b/s chicken breast and a nice fresh spinach salad. Also had a tiny little piece of cake for dessert. (Actually I just listed everything I ate. smirk )

How did you do over the weekend?

Quote:
I guess summer has already started for you! It's not official here until June 5... DD's last day of school. smile
Well that will be here before you know it! Yep, it's always summer here. Thank God the rain is starting though, because I am getting sick of looking at tannish-orange grass! Everything looks AWFUL!

Was it 3 lbs. you wanted to lose before June 5? When is your next weigh-in? I bet you've already got half of that already taken care of! smile cool

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Originally Posted By: Gilded Lily

I have news. For the first time in at least 4 years, I'm able to wear my wedding rings. They are still a little bit tight, but I've got them on! And I never want to take them off again. Unless of course DH gets on my very last nerve or something. LOL
laugh

Congrats Brenda! That is a great accomplishment, and I can tell it means a lot to you! queen

Quote:
Seriously, this is a big deal to me. I've tried these rings on for months now. Whew! Finally!
That is such a wonderful reward! I can't stand to wear rings, as they always irritate me, but I am very happy for you, since it seems to mean so much. The accomplishment itself is awesome!

Quote:
Somebody come in here and post something. I miss you guys.
DH and I went out on Friday, (he took the day off,) Sat. and yesterday. We don't usually have weekends like that, but kinda did a lot of running this weekend. I will try to be in here more this week.

Where are you Janis? This is your group but you aren't here much. frown Is Rick's mom keeping you running?

Page 30 of 32 1 2 28 29 30 31 32

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.