logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#512833 04/14/09 11:35 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Hello LDS families out there. I'm thinking about all gardening all the time right now. I ordered my seeds a month ago, making sure that they are all re-seeding varieties. Hopefully at the end of this season I can save the seeds and then turn around and plant them again next year. I've invested in a good supply of bottles so I expect to fill them up with canned veggies and fruits this season and then empty them throughout the winter. We just bought six fruit trees at ten dollars a pop and are putting in raspberries, strawberries, grapes as well. Obviously, these are not new ideas but they seem revolutionary to me. This food supply will be self-perpetuating if I can pull it off. And it contributes no waste at all, which should please my environmentally conscientious friends. The buzz with my friends is that we may be experiencing several years of feast- that is that there is water available for our gardens- which may be followed by famine. Hopefully not but I am definitely getting my provident-living groove on right now. It's kind of fun.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
nightingale #513189 04/16/09 02:04 AM
J
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
J
Hiya nightengale! Me and RM13 were getting lonely here all by oursleves. He's my husband so he has tohang out with me, otherwise I'd be ALL alone! wink

I was really into gardening one year. We lived in Fl on a military base, so I had to confine myself to container gardening. What is intersting is that this was at the end of 7 years of infertility (feasts and famine?) I guess I was obsessed with nurturing SOMETHING. I never did get much of anything to grow, but I'm sure if I had continued I would have learned the ropes. I got distracted when my children started coming fast and furious. I would love to pick up again, although now we live in AZ on a military base, and I don't know what grows well here in the (excuse the repetition, I know I whine about this in almost every article) 5 MONTHS OF SUMMER!!!!

I think just about every active member of the church is feeling the urgency of turning more toward provident living. Let us (ok, me) know how it goes! smile

J
J
This is the first year I have tried container gardening! Funny you mentioned that. I bought grow boxes that are self watering from a reservoir underneath the soil. So far everything has done great except my watermelon and pea plants.

nightingale #933952 02/04/21 01:10 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love gardening - there's something nurturing about bringing fruits, vegetables, and flowers to a full life. Containers help the process become manageable. We're in deep winter right now, but I'm thinking about spring!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
nightingale #933963 02/04/21 10:29 AM
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I do a lot of container gardening because of the deer. Right now my gardening in keeping my poinsettias going and my snake plant (don't know what the real name of the plant is). I also have something called a wax rose. It was originally a cutting given to my mother when her mother passed away in 1954. It is a succulent and pretty easy to propagate.

Moderated by  Jamie - LDS Families Ed 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.