logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
I disagree. This is the Republican party site. Why can't we be extreme if this is the Republican Party site...If someone is speaking the truth or posting something of value but is to others exreme does that mean we all have to be careful and not say how we feel? This doesn't seem like a Republican thread to me. There wouldn't be any refuting the facts or trying to make people happy by compromising. I think I have seen a lot of compromise on almost all of the sites. I am new but I am watching and what I have seen so far...could be summed up in one word...compromise. And that's what lost the election to the democrats. NO MORE COMPROMISE!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
There is a bit more compromise here at BellaOnline's forums than some others across the webs. That is actually part of who we are.

We here at BellaOnline want to be a positive and supportive place for anyone to come to.

I know the thing that first drew me here was the controversy surrounding Tom Cruise, Brooke Shields and whether Post Partum Depression was real.

I had seen this similar discussion on other boards, and I was appalled at the language, insults and general lack of respect shown by people. There was no intelligent conversation, because too many people were so sure they were "right" and everyone else, therefore must be a moron.

Then I came here and although people disagreed, they did so politely - they respected one another's opinions. It was more like the debates that I was used to from being on debate team in high school and college where you would make a point, counter-point, argument, and conclusion. If someone had actually tried to say "Well, you're just wrong" - they failed.

Tom is the moderator for this forum - he sets the rules and boundaries, so he can say where the line is drawn. It has already been said that this is the Republican forum, and that Democrats are not to come in here and start bashing - they will be reprimanded for doing so - privately.

Sorry to take up so much of a post with a somewhat off-topic subject, but this has been coming up in a few places, so I thought I'd just kind of explain things.

Thanks Tom!

Last edited by Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd; 02/01/09 10:26 PM.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
J
Michelle,

I understand that we can post our point of view but sometimes to others it is extreme. We are not bashing or using bad language we are voicing our concerns and sometimes that makes the democrats feel we are bashing their President. I guess it will probably never end. They bashed Bush and now the Republicans are not happy with Obama. But for some reason this election was different. There was more to it than just a regular election process. And a lot of people are concerned about how he got elected and why. I am one of them. But God bless you and have a great day.

Y
Amoeba
Amoeba
Y
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, and I hope it is ok that I post here. This will probably be the last time I do anyway.
I was more involved with this election than any other I have voted in. In this process, and still, I am proud that I was able to have a small say in this particular election. But in all of my research and trying to listen and appreciate all sides and viewpoints, I grew very disappointed in how divided our people really are. I think this is something I have known for a long time, but during this election it just glared out at me. Which is why I usually don't post in the political forums, and try not to even read them for the most part.

I just don't know that Obama got elected because he is black, or if it was because he actually did inspire so many people. I don't know if he is where he is today because he is black. I hope he is where he is because he is driven, smart, educated, works hard, etc., all of the things that we Americans are supposed to value. Each person had their own reason for voting for him, and the same for voting for McCain. Even if those reasons others would consider right or wrong, we are able to vote for who we want. Obama will not be able to please everyone. If McCain had won he wouldn't either. NO one can do that.

I am white and I voted for Obama because I agreed with him on more things than I agreed with McCain. That doesn't mean that I did or I will agree with every thing Obama said or does in the future. I can't speak for others, but I did NOT vote for him because he is black and I did NOT vote for him because I feel guilty for slavery.

Saying that Obama is the Democrat's President or whoever's President, the way I see it, that is yet another way to divide and separate us even more. Whether you are a Republican, Democrat, Independant, or just don't want a label...if you are an American, Obama is your President. He is not the Democrats President or the black people's President, he is all of our's. If McCain had won, he would be my President and I would never wish my President to fail because that would mean that we all fail.

I just wanted to throw my opinion into the mix. Thanks for reading and God bless.

yota
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Thanks for sharing Yota!!!

Opinions are always welcome.
It's funny, I hear a lot of reasons why people voted for Obama.
they have generally fell into 4 categories:

1. He's a democrat
2. He's black.
3. He was the lesser of 2 evils.
4. McCain's choice of VP

Whatever their reason, he's in office now so hopefully everyone wants the economy to turn around and will work together to make it happen.

I will be honest with you, I drove my family crazy during the campaigning because I just didn't want to talk about politics.
I just want the economy to get better.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.