logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
J
I have never posted before, so I hope this works. I am now scared. I had the Novasure procedure done on 12/30/08 with no ultrasound as some of you mentioned. A week later I am leaking urine for the past three days. Has anyone experienced this after the procedure?

Last edited by JMurray; 01/05/09 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
i have had a problem with the feeling of having to pee all the time it was from the muscle in my leg pulling my bladder i still get it every now and then 9 month out

D
Shark
Shark
D
I thought I was leaking urine because it was yellow. It was an infection. Call the doctor.

J
J
I saw the doctor yesterday and she assured me there was no way she could have damaged my bladder unless she perforated my uterus which she claims she didn't. She said the Novasure procedure couldn't be done if the uterus is perforated because one of its safeguards is an airtight seal. She claims that I just feel like I am leaking urine, but it is actually a very liquidy substance that is coming from my uterus. I felt relieved yesterday when she told me this, but..... Today I am now scared again because it really feels like I leaking urine when I move a certain way. ex: when I bend to pick up one of my children. I was told not to use tampons until the bleeding completely stops. If I used a tampon, it would be easy to tell where the fluid is coming from. I really feel it is urine because the pad is saturated in the front. Did anyone else have this very watery substance that she is referring to? My blood is very light to brownish yellow. It is the clear/yellow fluid that is saturating my pad that I am very scared about.

D
Shark
Shark
D
J, Did you ask her to do a culture to check for an infection?

I had the watery discharge for a month, I felt the same way, that I was leaking urine. You can't feel anything happening when you are used to tampons. Having to wear a pad is a totally different yucky feeling, you feel every little thing falling, and it does creep one out. Certain movements will cause a little gush, especially after a period of sitting or laying down.

I am concerned about the yellow...like I said I had an infection, once I used the medication the yellow went away, pink was normal.

M
M
I had Novasure on 01/14/09. When can I expect to feel better? My Dr. told me two to three days. Is that true?

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
most women take a month although some feel better sooner. ive only come across a few that feel better in a couple of days so dont count on it.

M
M
Thanks charlenef. I don't feel well enough to go to work on Monday like the Dr. said. I think that the Novasure website is misleading. I quess it was to good to be true.

Last edited by muriel73; 01/17/09 06:57 PM.
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C

~ Post-Op Comfort Tips ~

REST REST REST and when you get tired of resting, take a nap. wink

Watch some of your favorite movies.

Read a good book.

Read a good magazine.

Go to bed when you get home and be pampered.

Let your spouse/relative/good friend, wait on you hand and foot if possible. Remember, even though an endometrial ablation is a minor surgery, it is still surgery, so soak up all the help you can get.

Use your heating pad for any cramping you may experience.

If given pain medication, make sure to take it before the pain starts - stay on top of the pain.

Avoid lifting - I know that many doctors say that you can lift all you want, but mine said no and I have read countless posts in the Discussion Forums of this Web Site where women lift things and they end up having problems.

When you return to work - do so on a modified schedule if you can.

No tampons and no intercourse for as long as the doctor says to avoid...this prevents infection. Take that very seriously and LISTEN to your doctor.

You may want to keep track of your bleeding for the first three to four months post endometrial ablation. It is a good way to 'show' your doctor just how much blood loss is occurring. Here is a chart you can print out and use: Bleeding Assessment Diary

Don't be afraid to call and ask your doctor any questions/concerns you may have.

~ The Most Common Questions Women Ask ~

What is this clear fluid I am passing?
This is called serous fluid and it is very normal. Most women get it, however, some do not. The reason it occurs is because when the uterine lining is destroyed, it 'weeps' this fluid and this is a sign of healing. Say you get a burn on your arm, as it starts to heal, it will 'weep' a clear liquid to heal, the same applies after an endometrial ablation due to the destruction of the endometrium.

When will my post-op bleeding/discharge stop?
It varies so much among women. Some get nothing {rare} and some get it for up to six weeks, I heard from a few women that had it a bit longer. I had it for about two or three weeks.

When can I resume intercourse?
Listen to what your doctor tells you. I was told to wait for six weeks because I had a D&C along with my endometrial ablation. Some women are told to wait until their bleeding/discharge stops, some are told to resume at two weeks, some at four weeks, etc. It differs so much, so please always follow your doctor's orders to the letter.

When can I wear tampons again?
This is up to your doctor. I have heard anywhere from two to six weeks, give or take a week.

Will I gain weight from the endometrial ablation?
Some women have reported bloating which has lasted them for a few weeks post-endometrial ablation, but no lasting weight gain from the endometrial ablation that I have ever heard of.

Will my PMS change after the endometrial ablation ~ get better or worse?
It can, however, because the ovaries are not touched, it is not supposed to have any affect on PMS. Some women report an increase in PMS while some women say their PMS is much better.

Why am I still experiencing cramps so far into my recovery?
You will still cycle and there is such a thing as a blood-less period - if there is nothing to shed - then nothing gets shed but your hormones still jump start the uterus to cramp into action so to speak.

Why am I still getting periods, I thought an endometrial ablation makes them stop?
Endometrial Ablations are performed to eliminate or reduce bleeding from the uterus. Women who have had a successful endometrial ablation will have light to normal periods, and some women will have no menstrual bleeding at all. For example - if you fall down and skin your knee on the ground, that skin or scar is a little bit tougher than the other skin on your body. Endometrial ablations aim to 'toughen up' the endometrium, that's where the bleeding comes from. So if there's less or no endometrium then there's going to be less or no bleeding.

I assumed that my next period would come 28 days (my cycle length) after my last period. Is that the assumption that the next period arrives on schedule or does the endometrial ablation set the clock somehow? Or is it just, anything could happen, have to wait and see?
Endometrial ablations do not stop the ovaries from functioning, therefore, you will still have your period when it is due, BUT in order to have a period that includes discharge (blood) you must also have a lining to shed ~ in the case of D&C's and endometrial ablations - that lining for the most part is gone (at least in the initial stages ~ it should be) thus any period that you have would only be shedding what is left in your uterus - post-op remnants and fluid from the uterus trying to heal.

What we see in a period flow is the lining of the uterus being expelled ~ depending on hormones, state of uterus, functioning of ovaries, etc., that is what is expelled during a period - once your body starts to decrease it's production of progesterone and the levels of estrogen start to increase again, the lining stops it's shedding action and starts once again to rebuild itself. A D&C or endometrial ablation would remove the lining for the most part - that is the reason that many ladies are given Lupron prior/or their endometrial ablations are scheduled when the lining is at it thinnest (right after their periods) - the doctors then have less "stuff" to deal with. Afterward the majority of that lining is gone. Your ovaries may very well be sending a signal to the uterus that it is time for a period - that is why you may continue to get PMS symptoms (brought on by hormones) but with your endometrial ablation being so recently - there should not be that much lining left to flow - so to speak! And lastly if you did have Lupron prior to your endometrial ablation - the hormone cycles are really going to be messed up for a while.

When will my final result become apparent?
This can take 3-4 months up to a full year for your final bleeding pattern to 'settle in'. Be patient as some women have some very odd bleeding patterns those first few months post-op, and sadly, some 'assume' their ablations 'didn't help' as they do not give this enough time. The body needs to get back on course and this does take time so PLEASE BE PATIENT and don't give up - give the endometrial ablation time to see if it will indeed offer you relief. Be sure to ask your doctor about this.

A
A
Reference this post: "Thanks charlenef. I don't feel well enough to go to work on Monday like the Dr. said. I think that the Novasure website is misleading. I quess it was to good to be true." Are you not feeling well due to the Novasure or the anesthesia? Everyone reacts differently to anesthesia which has nothing to do with the procedure itself.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dr. Denise- Gynecology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.