logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 36 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 35 36
My reply is quite short smile my priority is to love myself. That way I will always do what is in my best interests and be kind to myself and that will be good for me and good for everyone else. I believe that if I feel love for myself then I'm better placed to spread that love to others.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I do agree it's important to love yourself, but it's good if that is not your ONLY priority. You can easily love yourself and therefore harm others around you because you act selfishly, allowing others to be damaged or even deliberately damaging others to get a better situation for yourself. For example you could love yourself and feel you deserve a new car so you sell bad life insurance to hundreds of people in order to get the commissions to get yourself that new car.

By having several priorities, each with a different realm they affect, it helps to keep you in balance. What would your other priorities be?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
R
R
Wonderful ��.. this is the lens, actually I was looking for. Your thread is really well to know own Priorities.

Shark
Shark
This is an interesting thread and definitely timely. I had been wanting to do something like this for the New Year. But when I read it, I realize that I actually already did something like it in the spring after a graduated from graduate school. I was feeling a little anticlimactic having completed a goal that had been eight years in the making - finishing my Masters in Social Work so that I could be a mental health therapist.

I had read that sometimes people feel a little depressed and listless after completing such a goal and found myself no different. So I spent several days taking walks in the park adjacent to my home and working on my priorities and came up with two that I had been neglecting for the eight years that I was in college (and giving birth to and raising my daughter and growing a career): finances and physical health.

So my priorities are to continue with my mantra to become "physically fit and financially sound" while not neglecting my original priority that I found in college to "make a difference in the world" (right now through my social work, parenting, writing and local civic involvement).

Thanks for this process of re-affirmation.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Those sound like fantastic priorities Melissa! Being physically healthy is just SO important - many of us only realize that when we have a health issue!

I definitely can see how finishing a multi-year project can feel strange, with everything in your life now rearranging and resetting! That is awesome that you got your Masters and can now start a new chapter in your life!

Low Carb Forum
A
A
I have been knowing that a woman have a lot of Interesting discussion.

Thanks and keep it up.

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Priorities are sooooooooooo important - it's about keeping "first things first."

My priorities for this coming year is about staying focused on what's most important to me and my life and not getting caught up in the "emergencies" of other people. I'm not going to allow their problems to become my problems!

Amoeba
Amoeba
My priorities are :
Education
Love
Money/Success

It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well - Rene Descartes
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Sunshine - so many of my books talk about how "emergencies" of other people can suck you dry. You have to set your own priorities - you can't let yourself be driven insane by other peoples' problems. Yes, you want to help them - but in a way that makes sense to you, not based on THEIR poor planning.

It is awesome that you are taking steps to work on that!! That can be super hard to deal with.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Once you have your life priorities written down, it's time to plan your long term / five year goals based on those priorities!

Setting Up your Five Year Goals

Low Carb Forum
Page 9 of 36 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.