Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 36 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 35 36
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I haven't set out my priorities yet but I've been thinking about it for hours since I read this strand.

1. I'd like to get my spending back under control so that I'm able to save regularly and pay the rent on time, and not keep needing parental bailing out!

2. I need to learn to control my online gaming so that there is time for other things - for months I've been doing almost nothing else and it's had rather a bad effect on things.

3. Look after my apartment and garden properly.

4. Health and fitness - I'm overweight, need to lose weight and exercise regularly.

5. With the time freed up by the online gaming reduction I want to be able to get some of my projects that I've been planning underway. I also want more time for creativity and enjoyment of my crafts and hobbies which have been sadly neglected with the gaming.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Looking at the priorities of others I realize I really only have one priority that out trumps everything and that is being: financially secure and eventually financially independent.

The reason this is a priotiy for me is that I can not do all the things I want without the financial resources to make it all happen. So this is my number 1 priority but it is also my goal, 2 in 1. Don't know if any one can understand that but for my life this is the only blockade that's keeping me form all the other important things in my life.

Many years ago after our granddaughter was born, I sat down and rerouted all my prioriies and goals. I have been woking on them ever since. In some areas I have made great stride and in others it is still a battle that I refuse to lose.

Part of those priorities were
1. To give my only daughter a real wedding which I was not able to have myself.
2. Take care of our granddaughters future and her present.
3. To have free time to enjoy my marriage since the kids are all grown now.
4. I love to travel and I want it back
5. I also love to write but find myself a little to critical of my writing not being good enough
6. I want my own ministry helping others the way others have helped me.

These are just a few of my priorities which is why finances hits the top of my priority and goals list. ANy suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

On Priority i just wana say that
"Personal Priorities Practical Strategies for Managing Your Life and Your Work"

Last edited by uns0007; 11/07/08 09:19 AM.
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
I've been thinking about this. I feel like a walking cliche! My priorities this year are:

1. Getting my work organized.
2. Getting my freelance finances organized.
3. Finding ways to be more creative.
4. Making time for professional development. And money, too. See #2.

Barbara Sharpe

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It's not a cliche to have important priorities smile They seem cliche because we all have common goals!

Those are great priorities smile I think we can ALL do better with organization! We have an entire forum dedicated to organization, so that is a great place to start! Post your most important issue there and we can help out!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
W
W
Ya that is an great idea and it will also improve a person income. It is good i think.. I will also promote this concept to my friends who in need of this great idea...
----------
george

Last edited by williamgeorge; 12/24/08 01:06 AM.
George, welcome to the forum, We hope you enjoy your stay!
Rosie

Rosie L
U
U
Edited inappropriate material.

Last edited by Sharon SelfDevelop Ed; 12/30/08 09:37 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm looking again at my overall priorities in life, for 2009. Again, these are not specific goals like "lose 10 pounds". They are lifetime priorities about what you find to be important. Setting your priorities then helps you to set goals.

Looking at my 2008 priorities, I feel

* Helping others
Still a key priority for me. This is core to my being. I still especially like to help others help themselves.

* Health
Health is still key to me, even more so now. I realize even more now how I have let myself "get weak" and want to get to be more self sufficient / healthy.

* Manage Stress
I let myself get nervous / worked up about issues. I work very hard every day and put a lot of effort into doing things right. I have to learn to "let go" - that I cannot make every person happy every day no matter how much I try. I have to accept that I can only do my best. I should of course DO my best but I need to not get wound up for days and days because even my best efforts do not make everybody content.

I still feel these are my overall lifetime priorities for 2009, which is a good thing!

What are your lifestyle priorities for 2009? How have they changed from 2008?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Once you have your overall life priorities set, it's time to start working on listing out your long term five year goals -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Low Carb Forum
Page 8 of 36 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.