logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I would have to email to see if the potatoes used are white, he is allergic to those also. Food wise he is allergic to:

Poultry and poultry mix
White Potato
Carrots
and borderline on Soybean

Seems like almost every food has either the poultry or the potatoes in it.

We are currently feeding him Pro Plan Extra Care, Sensitive skin and stomach but he really doesn't like it and I'm not sure if he will eventually get use to it (he has been on it since June of this year). I feel bad for him, but he is so sensitive that if he gets just one little nibble of one of the other dogs food (I have 3 other dogs) he itches for a couple of days. Thanks everyone for trying.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I feel so bad for him. I would contact them to see what kind of potatoes are used.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
Have you tried Royal Canin?

My 5 year-old Jack Russells started out life with some mild allergies. This caused some itching, and their coats weren't as lustrous as they should have been. One of them also had a sensitive stomach. So, our vet started them on Royal Canin about two years ago. They have both canned food and dry kibble. I feed them a combo of both twice daily. He has them on Duck and Potato dry kibble and Venison and potato canned. I was amazed at how their problems began to clear up. They began to have very sleek and shiny coats, and the itching stopped. The one with stomach issues stopped throwing up and was happy to eat again. Previously we had used Iams and Eukanuba.

Since then, one of them has developed an allergy to ragweed. Every August or September (until November/December)she starts itching, has red, teary eyes, and loses her appetite. She has to take oral meds and shots now. I also put a half teaspoon of Omega 3 Fish oil on their food. Even though the food is still the best thing for her, it isn't enough to combat this allergy.

Royal Canin also makes varieties for other problems and for weight issues. I buy mine through the vet so I know it's fresh, and reliable. I say that, but truthfully I don't know if it's sold in specialty stores or only vet clinics.

It's made a positive difference for my babies. I hope you find the right thing to help him. I feel terrible for him, and I know you do, too. It's difficult when we try everything and nothing seems to help. Good luck.

PS....It's made in St. Charles, MO, too!

A dog owns nothing, yet is seldom dissatisfied. - Irish Proverb
Shark
Shark
That is great that you found a food that has had such great results! I hadn't heard of it before! The ingredients and help with the allergies and shiny coats sound similar to the great results experienced with Taste of the Wild! It is so nice when you find something that makes a difference!

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
J
Koala
Koala
J
I've been using Solid Gold for my dogs for a couple years. I checked out all the ingredients and they are really quality with no fillers or additives. My one dog used to have constant ear infections with other dog foods but with Solid Gold he quit having them.

Here is an article on how to read dog food labels and what to look for.

Shark
Shark
That is a great article! Thanks! It is important to look into the ingredients in your dogs food. Taste of the Wild has good ingredients too. The formulas are grain free and there is no corn, no soy and no by-products.

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
How about fresh meat ? get offal from the butcher and cook it yourself. Perhaps you could try oats mixed in. Frozen fish steaks which are already boned are also a good option. Good luck.

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
I use Iams with my cat and she is super fussy as shes a pure breed. Not sure for dogs but Iams also do dog food. I found they were ok to talk to and helpful. It might be worth asking them too?

I
I
one of my dogs is also allergic to many things--i feed my dogs a food called california natural--it has only 5 main ingredients with all the nutrients and vitamins needed. if your dog is allergic to chicken, they make a salmon or lamb base product also.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
We have a dog with serious allergies, too. His worst problems come from corn but the list goes on. We feed Nutra Lamb & Rice with good results. You really just need to read labels VERY carefully. Btw, keep the ingredients of dog treats in mind, too. I was amazed and a bit aghast when I discovered what sort of ingredients are in the simplest of store-bought doggy treats. I make most of my own any more, but "Doggy Chums" and a few other of the all-natural, wild Alaska salmon packaged treats are good.

Deb Frost
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bettina-Dogs/Herbs Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.