logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
We found out that our dog is allergic to chicken (all kinds of it), white potatoes, Soy (boderline on the soy), carrots and that is just the food ones. If you know of any dog food that doesn't have any of these things in it, can you please post it here.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Have you looked into Taste of the Wild? There are four different formulas and all are grain free. They have sweet potatoes in the food, can your dog eat those? Here are the formulas:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
A
A
Taste of the Wild is an excellent food. With a chicken allergy, lean toward the "Pacific Salmon" formula. The "Bison/Venison" formula does have chicken meal in it......

Another idea is to contact Iowa State University Animal department:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Austinville
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
What about IAMS? I know that is a "scientific formula", but I do not have any on hand so do not know the ingredients.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Shark
Shark
[quote=austinville]Taste of the Wild is an excellent food. With a chicken allergy, lean toward the "Pacific Salmon" formula. The "Bison/Venison" formula does have chicken meal in it......

Another idea is to contact Iowa State University Animal department:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
A
A
"Taste" is a higher protein food so if you have an older, inactive dog, know that excess protein will cause weight gain. This is something that can be hard on the animal because of arthritis.....

Austinville
Shark
Shark
All of the Taste of the Wild formulas are for all life stages and breeds.
CrochetQueen - How old is your dog? Have you tried a new food yet?

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
A
A
The high protein diet is great for an active dog that requires it to feed that high energy and high metabolism.

However, I've seen dogs eating too much protein get hot spots and ear infections, in addition to the weight gain.

I do feed Taste of the Wild and haven't had problems other than the weight gain in my boy. I do agree with Stephanie that it is for all life stages, but owners need to be aware of their individual pet's circumstances and watch for excessive weight gain, loose stools, and other digestive upsets. It wouldn't be a good thing to go from one problem to another is all I am suggesting.

Austinville
C
Shark
Shark
C
Canidae is another great brand. We use the chicken formula, but their website says they have a Beef/Fish formula, and it's ingredients appear below. You can check their website for merchants who sell this brand. We get it locally from a veterinarian. Our dogs love it.

As for protein causing dogs to store fat, I'm not positive about that one. It's been forever since I studied that sort of thing, but I thought protein was the one thing bodies could not convert to fat. At any rate, most Canidae products are designed for dogs of any age.

CANIDAE All Natural Ingredients
Beef, ocean fish meal, oatmeal, beef meal, brown rice, white rice, rice bran, peas, cracked pearled barley, millet, canola oil, tomato pomace, natural flavor, flaxseed meal, choline chloride, sun cured alfalfa meal, inulin (from chicory root), lecithin, sage extract, cranberries, beta carotene, rosemary extract, sunflower oil, yucca schidigera extract, dried enterococcus faecium, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, dried bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation solubles, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid, cobalt proteinate, organic selenium, papaya, pineapple.

cela
Shark
Shark
Originally Posted By: austinville
The high protein diet is great for an active dog that requires it to feed that high energy and high metabolism.

However, I've seen dogs eating too much protein get hot spots and ear infections, in addition to the weight gain.

I do feed Taste of the Wild and haven't had problems other than the weight gain in my boy. I do agree with Stephanie that it is for all life stages, but owners need to be aware of their individual pet's circumstances and watch for excessive weight gain, loose stools, and other digestive upsets. It wouldn't be a good thing to go from one problem to another is all I am suggesting.

I completely agree! Taste of the Wild has helped with digestive issues in a lot of pets, it is a great formula. Which are you currently feeding?

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bettina-Dogs/Herbs Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.