logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I was sad to learn Brad is leaving the Y&R. I will miss him. He originated the character in 1985. He has always been a character I loved to hate! I don't know if there is a recast. But I must admit, love him or hate him, I will miss those mysterious eyes!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
No - what - wait - no.......but what about Sharon?

Will they recast, or is the whole character out?

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Yeah, hurry Kriss inquiring minds wanna know. He is the most handsome when he wears his hair like Pontius Pilate.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I'm sorry to see him go but he hasn't had much of a part lately. Guess he won't end up with Sharon then.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
And guess who she will end up with? Hmmmm. Good for ya' Phyllis. It doesn't pay to play with other people's lives.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I just recently heard they may kill off his charactor after the first of the year. He is one of my favorites, so I am going to miss him. I just started watching soaps again early this year, so I don't know his back story.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I loved the Christmas show from 1989 which showed Brad 25 years ago. All that hair! In fact they all had big hair.

I think Ashley has aged very well. She's even prettier now than she was back then.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Ashley is much prettier now but for the record, Lauren gets the most improved beauty award. She was kinda' hideous in her early days (along with that attitude). I really like how they've evolved her character, even if she is pretty prissy. grin

Last edited by Kimmie08; 12/28/08 10:32 PM.

Originally Posted By: BoomerGal
I loved the Christmas show from 1989 which showed Brad 25 years ago. All that hair! In fact they all had big hair.

I think Ashley has aged very well. She's even prettier now than she was back then.
Actually, the actress that played Ashley in the 1989 Christmas Classic wasn't Eileen Davidson. I thought it was at first, but it was the recast Ashley that was on for a while. I think her name was Brenda Epperson.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I definitely like the Ashley/Victor thread much better than Sabrina. I really got tired of all the kissy-face stuff with Victor. Didn't seem like much of a story line there.

Ashley has much more going on with her interactions with the whole Abbott family, Jabot, and Victor and his family. I think this is a much better story line.

Also, Kriss, what do you think of Katherine's story line right now? I'm fascinated with it and wondering how it is all going to turn out.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I haven't watched YandR regularly since Drucilla went missing. I used to like Brad when he first came on the show as the pool boy, but didn't much like him as the cut-throat business man. I moreso enjoyed watching Jack and Victor with the business dealings.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Leah, sounds like Victor and Jack will have quite a thread going for a while. I sometimes read Soap Opera Digest and catch the upcoming story lines. From what I read, they are going to go head to head in 2009. Should be pretty interesting.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I love the Katherine story line. If Kevin gives the money to help Katherine get out of jail, he'll be off the hook about it, anyway.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
What's interesting right now is, not only did Kevin give her the money so she's out on bail, but more people are getting involved. The reactions and who believes in her is very interesting. This is going to be a great thread as they carry this out.

I haven't wanted to watch a soap this much in years. I wish I could click a button to see the next installment as soon as the show ends each day.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Edie because its been so good lately, and being an avid watcher for years, I set my DVR to tape it and wait until Thurs or Fri to look at all that has happened. It feels so good to fastforward through the commercials and anxiously see what's been going on.

But I have to admit, I cannot contain myself when it gets too hot. I have to tune in everyday. Goooooo Y&R fans.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Kimmie,

I was just leaving the forum and caught your post - most of the time, even after watching the shows all week, I watch Y&R on Soap.net on Saturday night. It can be a long night with five hours of shows, but I see a lot I missed during the week or see the bigger picture.

Unfortunately, I think Soap.net has more commercials, so I do Sudoku in the meantime. But it is a lazy, relaxing way to spend the evening and catch up with my favorites.

Take care.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I DVR Y&R also and sometimes have 2 or so to watch in a row. It is nice to skip thro the commercials.

I haven't seen today's episode yet but glad Katherine gets out of jail.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Joan,

I won't spoil it for you, but I was in tears. Jeanne Cooper has to be one of the greatest actresses around. I am fascinated with this story line.

Also, Nick/Phyllis/Sharon is growing much more interesting. Hmmm!

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Nick, phyllis and Sharon, oh, yeah, can't wait for this one to play out. Wish, wish, wish!!!! I do wish for Jack and red head to get back together 'cause they are definitley made for one another and I do want Sharon and Nick to make up 'cause it will be some steamy night making up for all the wrongs, and neglects, and so forth.

He'll be just like his dad, a man of many beautiful women.

Last edited by Kimmie08; 01/13/09 04:39 PM.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
As I was watching Jack and Phyllis today, I thought wouldn't it be wild if they at least got back together for a session or two? I can't see them remarried, but the way they were going at it today, there is a love/hate thing going on that could be pure dynamite.

Nick and Sharon could get back together, but they have both changed so much over the years. Sharon is much stronger coming out of her marriage with Jack. It's going to be interesting to see where this heads in the future. Hard to tell now that Brad's leaving.

I know Nick is torn between the two and I agree that he is like his dad, whether he likes it or not. Nick would disagree with our assessment, wouldn't he? I don't think he wants to turn out like his dad, but it's inevitable.

It's so strange watching Brad and knowing that he is leaving. The scenes in NY the last couple of days were strange. I wonder how it will play out.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
I agree Edie. He (Brad) even acted strange but that man has the most gorgeous blue-black hair. Ooooh. Yeah, I agree too, that Sharon is a lot stronger (thank God) but she still has this lil' depency thing about her that men love to cater too.

And as far as Jack and Phyllis, I believe first he's going to retaliate against the red head and then, this will definitely set them up after a big, drawn out argument for the best lovemaking scene ever!!!!

Hey, I'm not knocking her about it, we all at some point should play the "rescue me" role. Whatta' you think.

Last edited by Kimmie08; 01/19/09 11:47 AM.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Kimmie, or anyone else, did you see yesterday (1/21) where Sharon keeps pushing Brad away, Jack gave her the key to go to the cabin for a few days, then after she left Brad came out of the shadows letting us know he heard where she was going? Hmmm.

The TV Guide for next week says that Nick and Sharon end up at the cabin together, and also get back together. I was shocked, because I didn't think that would happen. Have you heard anything?

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
No, I haven't heard anything but I haven't looked at any of this week's Y&R either. I always DVR them and look at 'em on Thursday or Friday but I've been kinda' out of it with a bad cold.

I'm feeling better and will check it out today and if I find out something I'll let you know. If Nick and Sharon are about to get back together, I'm glad. I don't like Phyllis (that is with NIck) but I adore her fiestiness at times.

But I will tell you this, she will make it hell for Nick I think if he does get back with Sharon. That's for sure.

B
Koala
Koala
B
All Phyllis is good for is sex, she does not connect with Nick at all, they are so boring. I dont like Ashley either, or the aged Abby or the new girl living with Lauren and Michael,first actress was growing on me and they pulled a Colleen. I see no purpose for Colleen on the show anymore either, her and Abby having lunch with Brad was painful to watch, no connection with anyone there.

I like Murphy. Hate the storyline with Esther repeating history again from Gina's ex.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Y&R has been a little strange lately with new story lines and additional charactors. I know a soap can grow old with the same old storylines and charactors, but it seems a little too much is going on at the moment.

I do't mind the new Eden, I didn't like the first one, but I don't like the way they have her talking. She should use her normal voice.

Also, Colleen could very well leave and I don't think too many of us would notice. Maybe when Brad leaves, she will also. I just read his last day is Feb 5th.

I agree about Murphy - he and Katherine are so cute together. Wonder what will happen after she returns to the mansion (she will, won't she?)

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I was looking forward to a new Eden but this new one seems almost a clone of the old one with that whiny voice.

I think Phyllis finally did in her marriage with her hysterics!

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
I'm with you all. It's too much going on right now. I wonder if they've incorporated some new writers? The scripts are going a bit off track but somehow, it lures me in every week.

I just loved what Brad did to Phyllis. I was enjoying it so much, I had to rewind a few times. And poor Jack, no matter how bad he is, he has my heart. And what about Billy? Smart, coniving and cute.

Okay, I have to put this in here, what the heck is up with Tyra kissing Neil? And would Neil's wife really have wanted to adopt the lil' girl if she didn't feel threatened by Tyra?

B
Koala
Koala
B
Good questions about Tyra and Karen. Where is Tyra living at?

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I loved what Brad did to Phyllis - what a setup and he ran it so well. I am really going to miss him a lot. First we don't see much of him, then they give him a good run just before he lives. I am really sad about this!

As far as Tyra and Neil, I know they are doing everything for the story line, but I sure didn't understand the kiss. Didn't make sense at all. I don't really care for the actress who plays Tyra, so that may be why I don't care for the story line.

There is something loveable about Jack, and I like Billy too. I think Cain is too stiff and one dimensional. It will be interesting to see how Billy and Cain and the gals all play out. Eventually, and maybe around the time Chloe has the baby (?), the truth will come out.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
That's what I'm hoping (when Chloe has the baby).

As far as Tyra, she was one of the America's top model contestants and won. She's doing the best she can considering her life is modeling. Hey I've seen worse.(eek)

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
Oh my gosh! Is that Eva playing Tyra? Heck, I didn't even notice and I've watch all the Top Model shows! LOL I kept thinking she looked familiar...

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Yeah, Jeanne. Remember her on Top Model. She was one of our favorites, especially considering her background. She'll get better hopefully with the acting.

I'm sooo sad everyone, frown Brad is leaving Genoa City. Noooo!!!! cry And he was soooo handsome. Hey, as soon as someone knows, keep us up to date what soap he'll be going on when the time comes. Thanks. wink

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Kimmie,

I didn't mean to insult the actress playing Tyra, I meant how she was playing the story line. In real life I think she is a beautiful woman and seems to be a very nice person. I saw her on America's top model, was glad that she won, and I think she is going great in her career.

On rereading, my sentence didn't sound the way I meant it to. I really liked her when she first came on, but since they went to that school then came back, it seems her role changed. It is how she plays the role not the actress herself.

Anyway, hope that helps explain what I meant. I didn't mean to insult the actress herself.

I am really looking forward to how they play out the thread with Neil and his family. I love Nia Peeples and I'm so glad she is a part of the story.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Brad's leaving is so sad. I thought he brought a lot to the table. Seems like they could have found a way to continue his story, especially with Victor and Jack. He could have been a major player too!

I wonder what that will do to Colleen's role in the long run.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
At least Brad went out a hero. Makes Victor look kind of small now, since Jack saved his grandson.

I don't care much for Colleen's character anyway. The actress who plays her sister, Abby, isn't a great actress, IMO. Don't care much for her character either.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I would think that Victor and Abby's relationship will be strained, at least for a while. I have a feeling Colleen probably won't be around much after this thread runs its course.

I thought the acting was very good the last few days! When I get tears in my eyes over the story line, someone is doing their job.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Hey Edie, lady we enjoy each other's comments too much ;)for me to have taken that any other way. smile I didn't even take it negatively, so worries.

I agree with you all about them maybe keeping Brad in it to help with the Jack and Victor storyline but then I thought, what if they are writing this to help play up future scripts with the children? You know, now the children of the ones who are enemies will all have a reason for revenge.

Abby against Victor's kidz, Colleen (if she stays) mourning with her and JT getting back together (I would hate that but you know that's why its called Young and the "REstless") and so forth....

I'm with you Edie on the emotions. I just love rewinding and reliving the acting of it all. Way to go Y&R. Stay tuned, it'll only get better.

Last edited by Kimmie08; 02/08/09 05:33 PM.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
It will be interesting to see how Eden and Noah react when they find out Brad died because of their sneaking off and lying. I haven't watched Friday's episode yet. I expect Abby is going to go on a tear against Eden now. she already didn't like her.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Kimmie, good point as far as setting up future relationships among the "children" of the current main characters. The writers have the long view, and everything that has happened with Brad, Victor and Jack is definitely planting bad feelings among the younger generation.

BoomerGal, yes, there is going to be a whole lot of friction going on among that set. Abby is rather a "snip" anyway (I think that was my mother or grandmother's term), so it will be interesting to see her go head-to-head with Eden.

This show keeps our emotions hopping, doesn't it?

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I really love the continuity of Y&R. Seems lately they've been showing lots of clips from years past.

I think you're right too that they're setting up feuds for the future among the younger set!

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
I have to say everyone, I cried when I saw the last two days of last week. When they showed that hideous face (supposingly to be Brad under ice), I was so emotional. Hubbie was in the other room and he was like, "honey, are you okay?" and I said, "Nooooo, Brad is gone, why did they take him. Aaaaaaaaa!!!!" cry

Okay, it took me a while to get over it. So much so, I have yet to see this week's. It's just taping on DVR. Just wanted to put that out there. My heart is still broken. Aaaaaaa!!!!

Please somebody, help me stop the shame of my embarassing emotional outcries. Somebody, anybody, everybody, START A NEW THREAD QUICK! Please fans, can we please let go of Brad's thread?

Aaaaaaaa!!!! Sniff, sniff. cry sick frown

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
So, Don is now going to B&B as of April. I just started watching it again so I can catch up on what is going on before he arrives.

They even created a character for him - at least someone appreciates his acting. I'm very excited that he got picked up as quickly as he did.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Aren't B&B and Y&R run by the same people? They seem to have a lot of crossover characters and story lines.

I'm so glad he got picked up quickly too! Or maybe that was the plan for him. Hopefully, he'll have a bigger part on B&B. I watch that show off and on too so will look for him.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
I really like Brad's character and yes, it's good they do work together, the writers of both soaps.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.