Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Thanks Pam for your deeper understanding. And once again, they all just proved my point. As transparent as transperancy can be. Well, I tried. I tried.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Kimmie, as this is the Republican forum, these are appropriate thread topics to have here and good points. It's not fair for a democrat to come here and tell anyone they are wrong. Just FYI. smile

I get with what you're saying Jill. You're absolutely right and that was the reason for my corrective challenge. Ooops, it didn't work. Oh, well. Everybody's got a judgment day. Everybody. So glad I know that I'm not perfect. Like I said, I get what you're saying.....

This is my last say but I thank you all for expressing negativity to the max. Its one thing to disagree but when it becomes a stoning without stones but with words, that's a whole different story.

Good dialogue everyone, see ya' next president around. Bye!

Last edited by Kimmie08; 11/12/08 11:23 PM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
S
S
[quote=toddzgrrl02]First it was Clinton he flipped off...

Now it's McCain...

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
it doesn't look like he's flipping anyone off to my view. I can't see why he would do that, or why anyone would do that.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I saw the Clinton video, I didn't see the McCain clip. At the time I heard about it, I didn't believe it so I asked my husband to pull it up so I could view it. He was doing it alright.

I have no respect for this person either (instincts and all) but this is just more physical evidence as to why. He has a lot of emotional supporters right now who will bypass anything that comes to the forefront about him.

What is absolutely wonderful is that each day, he's one day closer to leaving so we can focuss on the future. No one in politics is going to outwardly speak against him because he is the first black president. Plus if something does happen to him, they certainly don't want their party to be blamed.

It's funny to watch some of the celebrities answer the question about how they feel he's in office. Their eyes kind of go left and right and they all say something like, "I'm just truly, truly blessed to be a part of this historic moment." or my favorite, "Well, Jesus was a community organizer." There's just nothing passed not wanting to get public negativety.

I really, wish Powell would have followed through with running for president. I hadn't voted before then and he was what got me to register, then he left the race. I remember reading his quote as to why he was pulling out. He said he wasn't ready for the "politics" and what it would do with the time he has with his family.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 11/13/08 08:48 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Gecko
Gecko
I have watched the videos in question several times and do not see it, sorry. And what if he did do it intentionally ? He is a human being, and apparently from what all of you are pointing out, he is a human being with a sense of humor, and that will be really refreshing for the White House. It seems like several of you are so geared up to think negative about our upcoming President, that is what you will get. Focus on negativity and that is what you will get, negativity and really you can find "bad things" about everyone but shouldn't we be trying to focus on the "good things" instead ?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I would also have been pleased had Powell run for office. It's too bad he decided against it. I bet this would have been a very interesting race for the White House, had he stayed in the game.

N
N
Now that's the right attitude, Great American Galt dude.

S
S
So the audience broke out in appreciative laughter because the guy "scratched" his face? With his extended middle finger? Just how natural is it for all of you to fold back all of your fingers and scratch yourself with your middle finger? I joined this site because of the republican forum, but it's routinely invaded by people who are here to argue with us- why? Because you think that arguing with us will change our minds? I don't spend any time in the dem forum, because I don't belong there.

Last edited by saga61; 11/19/08 09:55 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I've watched both of them - and I see where everyone is talking about, but I really do not think it was intentional.

The main reason is, he has extremely long, thin fingers - "piano fingers" my mom would have called them. Before I gained all my weight, my fingers looked much like his (and I do play the piano - I can reach over an octave), my 3 children have the same types of fingers.

The reason I put this picture up (other than I love showing off my daughter every chance I get!) is because she is supposed to be "shooting" her fingers at the cheer judges. But if you notice, her middle finger is kind of sticking down. Her coach is always getting onto her about her fingers sticking up at odd angles.

My piano teacher was constantly rapping my fingers for sticking up in the air when they weren't on the keys.

Both of my sons (one is 17, one is 5) will scratchg their noses with their middle finger or push his glasses up with his middle finger - because it is the longest.

Mu oldest son has Asperger's and gets really upset with people when they laughg at him for using his middle finger, because he doesn't realize he is doing it and means nothing by it.

I did NOT want Obama as my President, but I'm not going to be upset about little things like this. We can probably find TONS of pictures of other Presidents doing similar things, but it is just not worth the time to go looking. I think it is simply an unconcious motion. But I bet whoever winds up being his Press Secretary brings it to his attention now, and we won't see it anymore! blush

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.