Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#458691 10/12/08 11:41 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Here's a healthy food list and healthy eating guide to help you look younger, have more energy, slow down aging and stay well. Healthy Food List and Healthy Eating Guide

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
Great list indeed. I wished it was more detailed for the beginners like us to know what these each item contain.

I am a huge fan of superfood, easicially Acai berry and drinking acai berry juice really works for me. As tiny as it is, the Acai berry seems to have a great many heart healthy benefits, and the secret that has been part of Amazon culture for thousands of years is slowly spreading to the rest of the world. The Acai berry is a rich source of antioxidant vitamins, protein, fiber and heart protecting fatty acids, and it has an important role to play in protecting our good health.

Last edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu; 03/07/11 11:01 PM.
D
D
Hi Everyone! I have some information about Lecithin which I want to share with you guys.

(Lecithin is found in every living cell. Lecithin is a natural anti-oxidant and a powerful nutritional factor. Lecithin discovered in 1805 and mostly derived from common egg yolk or from naturally taking place phospholipids derived from soybeans. Lecithin helps to prevent arteriosclerosis, protects against cardiovascular disease, improves brain function, helps keep the liver and kidneys healthy, aids in thiamin and vitamin A absorption, and can even help to repair liver damage caused by alcoholism--this nutrient is essential to every living cell in the human body.)

Dhani #468086 11/13/08 05:18 PM
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Great list, Moss!

you mentioned a healthy diet lowering cholesterol. I heard that the sales of Lipitor are way down cuz people can't afford it. What do you know - a new study comes out that says even healthy people would benefit from statins as they can help prevent heart attacks and strokes.

Seems to me like they're just looking for a new market for their drugs.

I hope if people can't afford their cholesterol drugs they at least give the diet thing a try. I'll bet a lot of people rely on the drugs and never try to eat healthy to lower cholesterol.

Amoeba
Amoeba
A healthy diet includes adding vegetables and fruit every day. Vegetables like broccoli, green beans, leafy greens, zucchini, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, and tomatoes are low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Many studies have shown that eating plenty of vegetables is extremely healthy. Try to eat about 3 to 5 servings every day. Fruit is also a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. You should try to eat about 2 to 3 servings of fruit each day.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I belong to an organic food coop and when I have left over fruits and veggies, I juice them or freeze them for later.

These days it's important to use all the food we buy and not let it go to waste.

B
B
I love Acai berries, They are good for overall health it's important to have a good nutrition.

Last edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu; 03/07/11 11:01 PM.
[quote=BoomerGal]I belong to an organic food coop and when I have left over fruits and veggies, I juice them or freeze them for later. These days it's important to use all the food we buy and not let it go to waste. [/quote] That is so true. Frozen fruits and veggies are perfect for use in smoothies and baking.

R
R
Hello friend,

I had checked your link and found more informative list for diet control, it also more useful for beginner. Health and fitness is typically affected by our entire body getting deprived aided by the essential nutrients to operate correctly.Balance nutrition is a must if you desire to lead an energetic and healthy lifestyle. Balance nutrition has helped everyone to achieve their weight loss success.

Thanks

Last edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu; 03/07/11 11:02 PM.
S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
all fruit and veg are good for us but are better made into juice if you have a juicer, smoothies help to curb the appetite and can be absorbed in the body better, bananas are one of my favourite healthy foods - containing a good source of potassium, anyway you look at it you never see a weak gorilla lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Moss - Nutrition Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.