BellaOnline
Posted By: Moss - Nutrition Editor Healthy Food List - 10/12/08 03:41 PM
Here's a healthy food list and healthy eating guide to help you look younger, have more energy, slow down aging and stay well. Healthy Food List and Healthy Eating Guide
Posted By: acaiberry Re: Healthy Food List - 10/31/08 07:56 AM
Great list indeed. I wished it was more detailed for the beginners like us to know what these each item contain.

I am a huge fan of superfood, easicially Acai berry and drinking acai berry juice really works for me. As tiny as it is, the Acai berry seems to have a great many heart healthy benefits, and the secret that has been part of Amazon culture for thousands of years is slowly spreading to the rest of the world. The Acai berry is a rich source of antioxidant vitamins, protein, fiber and heart protecting fatty acids, and it has an important role to play in protecting our good health.

Posted By: Dhani Re: Healthy Food List - 11/13/08 11:18 AM
Hi Everyone! I have some information about Lecithin which I want to share with you guys.

(Lecithin is found in every living cell. Lecithin is a natural anti-oxidant and a powerful nutritional factor. Lecithin discovered in 1805 and mostly derived from common egg yolk or from naturally taking place phospholipids derived from soybeans. Lecithin helps to prevent arteriosclerosis, protects against cardiovascular disease, improves brain function, helps keep the liver and kidneys healthy, aids in thiamin and vitamin A absorption, and can even help to repair liver damage caused by alcoholism--this nutrient is essential to every living cell in the human body.)
Posted By: Joan541 Re: Healthy Food List - 11/13/08 09:18 PM
Great list, Moss!

you mentioned a healthy diet lowering cholesterol. I heard that the sales of Lipitor are way down cuz people can't afford it. What do you know - a new study comes out that says even healthy people would benefit from statins as they can help prevent heart attacks and strokes.

Seems to me like they're just looking for a new market for their drugs.

I hope if people can't afford their cholesterol drugs they at least give the diet thing a try. I'll bet a lot of people rely on the drugs and never try to eat healthy to lower cholesterol.
Posted By: Digidemo Re: Healthy Food List - 11/15/08 08:16 AM
A healthy diet includes adding vegetables and fruit every day. Vegetables like broccoli, green beans, leafy greens, zucchini, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, and tomatoes are low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Many studies have shown that eating plenty of vegetables is extremely healthy. Try to eat about 3 to 5 servings every day. Fruit is also a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. You should try to eat about 2 to 3 servings of fruit each day.
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: Healthy Food List - 11/15/08 01:58 PM
I belong to an organic food coop and when I have left over fruits and veggies, I juice them or freeze them for later.

These days it's important to use all the food we buy and not let it go to waste.
Posted By: BBenamara Re: Healthy Food List - 05/04/09 06:12 AM
I love Acai berries, They are good for overall health it's important to have a good nutrition.
Posted By: 04mar29 Re: Healthy Food List - 09/09/10 12:47 AM
[quote=BoomerGal]I belong to an organic food coop and when I have left over fruits and veggies, I juice them or freeze them for later. These days it's important to use all the food we buy and not let it go to waste. [/quote] That is so true. Frozen fruits and veggies are perfect for use in smoothies and baking.
Posted By: Rwbecca.Franks Re: Healthy Food List - 11/18/10 02:21 PM
Hello friend,

I had checked your link and found more informative list for diet control, it also more useful for beginner. Health and fitness is typically affected by our entire body getting deprived aided by the essential nutrients to operate correctly.Balance nutrition is a must if you desire to lead an energetic and healthy lifestyle. Balance nutrition has helped everyone to achieve their weight loss success.

Thanks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Healthy Food List - 02/10/11 12:32 PM
all fruit and veg are good for us but are better made into juice if you have a juicer, smoothies help to curb the appetite and can be absorbed in the body better, bananas are one of my favourite healthy foods - containing a good source of potassium, anyway you look at it you never see a weak gorilla lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Healthy Food List - 02/11/11 09:09 PM
eating fresh food is the best way for health, its a lot better than eating from a tin for example, with all the preservatives and processing we dont know what we are buying. my sister always feeds us on fresh food , she does home cooking which is better too, it also tastes better. years ago when there was no tins people didnt ail as much, now surgeries are full all the times with all sorts of ailments and diseases. i bet the native american tribal people who ate fresh food never had problems like we see today, it would be interesting to learn what remedies they and other cultures had along with their healthy food list.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Healthy Food List - 02/12/11 08:58 AM
scientists have recently tested a compound found in tumeric that can regenerate and repair brain cells that were damaged by stroke, a new molecule taken from cucumin a crucial element in the spice, has been studied with tests, the tests are soon to be tried on humans.
Posted By: Roshket Re: Healthy Food List - 03/12/11 10:24 AM
You can also add sweet pottatooes which are delicious home made in the oven
Posted By: Josephine02 Re: Healthy Food List - 07/07/11 05:02 AM
Posted By: Finbar Re: Healthy Food List - 11/23/11 01:05 PM
Hi dear, Here are some healthy foods, which are more effective for the health. Fresh fruits especially apple, orange, date, grapes, grape fruits, and banana. Raw vegetables especially broccoli, pumpkin, carrot, turnip, and cucumber. Milk, butter, and yogurt. Meat, fish and eggs.
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: Healthy Food List - 11/23/11 02:02 PM
I think it's sad that drug companies try to push pills as the answer to everything when they have such serious side effects! A healthy cholesterol used to be considered to be 220 and now it's 200 because they want more people on the drugs.

A healthy diet and exercise can go a long way in lowering cholesterol and even healing other health issues people have.
Posted By: jodiemt Re: Healthy Food List - 01/06/12 04:44 AM
That's quite a healthy and informative list there. Thanks
Posted By: Venitiz Re: Healthy Food List - 01/01/13 11:37 PM
Hi mate, I'm newbie here and I visited you given link . The list of foods is awesome. I like mostly fresh fruits and green veggies, they are rich sources of vitamin and minerals. They improve physical and mental fitness. Thanks for sharing it.
Posted By: sagar Re: Healthy Food List - 11/29/13 01:51 AM
Hello, Well now winter season is going and your regarding it quite applicable, i liked it thanks...
© BellaOnline Forums