logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Koala
Koala
This kind of thing falls into the same category as McCain sticking ot his tongue after debate 3 (or 2..). No matter the reason or the explanation, their actions can definitely (and quite easily) be misconstrued as rude and inappropriate given the circumstance.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Shark
Shark
B
Quote:
"...and while you're at it, can you do something about that black skin of yours. People don't tend to like that sort of thing".

It really is time for comments such as this to stop.

Kay
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Who cares....its over!!!!!!

Meet and greet your new president of the United States of America. He is now due your respect.....glory hallelujah.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Koala
Koala
Respect must be earned.

Gecko
Gecko
Yes lots of respect, but of course I had planned on respecting whomever won. That is one thing I have been saying over and over again, lets stand together....united we stand divided we fall. I am hoping others will certainly do the same, the people have elected and made known their preference and Huzzah Huzzah for our new President Barack Obama.

Koala
Koala
I've no problem being polite to the man. But, I can't support his politics; and he's done nothing so far to earn my respect.

Gecko
Gecko
Are you going to give him a chance or are you just going to be mad right from the start ? I have no idea what we have in store for us but I am at least willing to give it a chance, I understand that your party did not win but goodness sakes do you really believe in United we stand ? I did want Obama to win but honestly if McCain had won instead I would FIND something positive about him and honestly McCain may not be the President but he certainly isn't out of the politics so maybe you can think positively about that....or not it's your choice.

Parakeet
Parakeet
McCain was very gracious is his speech this evening and attempted to unite everyone, even his own supporters, behind President-elect Obama. McCain said he will work with and support Obama as President because McCain always works in support of his country. McCain has always demostrated throughout his career and even this campaign that the interest of the country comes before that of the political party. As his slogan said, "Country First". We should all follow his example and give our full support to the new President so that we can together support the country we all love.

Koala
Koala
McCain wasn't "my" candidate. My candidate didn't make it past the primaries. But he was the lesser of what I saw as two very bad choices.

I don't follow anyone blindly (neither people nor parties). I keep my eyes wide open. Based on Obama's stated position on any number of topics, from mandatory national service to revision and limitation of constitutional rights and redistribution of wealth and power, I feel there's little positive that he brings to the table. He may surprise me, but I doubt it.

My only hope is that the 42 % of the population that didn't vote for Obama will remember their stance on the issues and stay in close touch with their elected representatives. By doing everything we can to make sure our elected representatives really understand how we feel on the issues, we may make it through the next 4 years with some semblance of retaining our status as a free nation.

Last edited by Lynn_B; 11/05/08 10:50 AM.
B
Shark
Shark
B
Quote:
My only hope is that the 42 % of the population that didn't vote for Obama will remember their stance on the issues and stay in close touch with their elected representatives. By doing everything we can to make sure our elected representatives really understand how we feel on the issues, we may make it through the next 4 years with some semblance of retaining our status as a free nation.

Lynne, great post. It's time to shift gears and move to the next battleground. We have survived bad presidencies before and we will survive this one, Lord willing.

Kay
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.