Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#454127 09/22/08 05:47 PM
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Well here it is, The All Natural Approach to beauty, skin care and personal care for ethnic and multi-ethnic women.

I know some of you have probably been waiting for something on natural products. If you are new to the the all natural scene it can prove to be very challenging to understand.

I am my own herbalist and have made many of my own skin care products for myself and my family. I've even made a hair rinse that turned my gray hair back to it's original color. No harsh chemicals and no dye to cover up gray. I've even made a skin care product that helped clear up acne on my children's faces working from the inside out. Everything I used I bought myself and processed myself. This way I was sure that what I was getting was all natural. It was all natural because I knew what I was using as ingredients.

In the market today of anti-aging and beauty the world is on a roller coaster with all natural products containing all natural ingredients.

Please take the time to read my feature article "The All Natural Approach" here:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
I've just posted another article discussing the terms herbal, organic and botanicals. Any one care to comment? I look forward to your conversation.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi Grace. How are you? Glad to have found this forum. I have 2 questions. 1: What is a good mositurizer for acne prone sensitive skin? 2: What should I be drinking to give my skin a nice golden glow?

*Transitions*
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Hello Ms. D

I am glad you are here too. It is good to meet you.

Okay to answer your first question:

Mark skin care products by Avon has 3 different moiturizer made with super fruits and super foods. They use herbal extracts as well as fruit extracts. So it actually nurishes your skin as it moisturizes. I have had good results and success with the "mattifying lotion".

Second question: Drink water. I like the Smart Water. It is purified and all the yucky stuff is taken out. Also if you like herbal teas there are certain herbs that are good for hair, skin and nails. I have used them before with good results. Antioxidents is what helps to keep your skin glowing.

Working on the inside and the outside is the best way to your skin glowing. If you have a good skin regimen you will have nice gloden glowing skin.

You can check out the Mark skin care products by clicking the Avon link at the bottom of my post.

I have used these products and they work great. There is even one that brightens your skin. It doesn't change the color it just makes it glow.

I hope this will help you. Please visit again and let me know how you made out.

Thanks for visiting smile

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Hello,
I want to also share some ideas which are related to natural product. I feel that yoga is useful to improve beauty.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
How has yoga helped you?

*Transitions*
K
K
Grace, I'm just curious that your subject title is "All Natural Approach" yet you suggest Avon products which contain many synthetic ingredients. Why is that?

K
K
Ms.D, A good natural moisturizer for acne prone skin is Burt's Bees "Carrot Nutritive Day Creme" which is 97% natural. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it does; it really clears up acne-prone skin. But remember, not everything works for everyone. Hope this helps.

Last edited by KarenH; 01/20/09 12:15 PM.
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Believe it or not Avon was one of the first companies to develop all natural products.

Here's a quote from AVON.COM on their statement about the ingredients used in their products and if any thing is found to not be safe they deal with it by taking it out of circulation. While you're at the site browse about the good things Avon has done, is doing and will continue to do.

To me it is more than just beauty company.

The safety of every product must be sub... its safe use.

I have extremely sensitive skin and Avon is the only product that works on my skin. I've used other products and regimens but I still come back to Avon. Avon; because it performs. I can see the difference and most of the time it delivers what it promises.

I am proud to use Avon products. For me they are as natural as I'm going to get. I also have an interest in their global market of helping women and children in other countries. I have found it to definitely be a company for women.

I know there are other companies that do all natural products and I will be bringing them into focus in the coming months.

Thank you for asking. Understand though this is what has workked for me. Avon works for me. It will not work for everyone but the principles are the same a beauty regimen to keep us healthy and beautiful.

Please visit again.

K
K
I'm not refuting that Avon products are safe; it's that, for the most part, they contain more synthetic than natural ingredients (read the ingredient lists) which the body absorbs. Kudos if this line works for you, but you shouldn't tout it as an "All Natural Approach." If you'd like truly natural skincare, check out these product lines: Alaffia Sustainable Skincare, Cosmetics Without Synthetics, Lotus Moon Natural Skin Therapies, Organic Excellence, Miessence, Sea Chi Organics and NaturOli.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.