logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I'm 22 years old, in march of 07 I had a baby, and ever since my hair has been falling out in fist full. I am worried about my hair. it is thining even though I use thickening shampoos and products. I take vitmins and use warm oils in my hair to try to help it but it still falls out. I cant seem to fix it. its strong and has no split ends, its not dry or oily, all in all it is healthy, but its falling out at the roots. I have in the past dyed my hair but I havening in over a year, I had a salon prem my hair 8 months ago and the perm fell out the next day, I did not wash it or get it wet at all, it just fell out and would not crul, so I let it be. but it still falls out. I am scared I will lose my hair, any ideas on how to save it?

"Just me"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Go see your Dr. right away~ after my first baby I developed a post pregnancy case of hypothyroidism and the hair loss was my biggest symptom.. it was just a simple blood test

Hope you can get to the bottom of your problem smile

My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate~ that's my philosophy. (T.H. Wilder)
OP Offline
I have had my thyroid checked out and there is nothing wrong with it, could there be something else wrong?

"Just me"
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Are u under a lot of stress, stress can cause hair loss, hopefully Jase can help you out, im sure he'll come by.
Also a change in your diet maybe can cause hair loss.

Rosie L
Elephant
Elephant
Stress and hormones cause a lot of things to go wrong with hair. It is not uncommon post-pregnancy to lose some hair.

I would seek out your Dr. and consult with them on what may be the cause of the hair loss.

It could be stress, hormones, alopecia, a fungus or bacteria, etc etc etc.

I hope you find out something soon.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Many young women have hair loss problems. If you have had your thyroid checked, it is most likely hormonal.

My daughter had a similar problem after her first baby was born. It would come back and then start falling out again. It continued after the second pregnancy. She is using the Nioxin 3 part system and will probably always use it. Her hair stopped falling out and has remained fairly thick(not as thick as when she was a teenager) and healthy. Nioxin deals with hormonal fluctuations and scalp health. I suggest taking the Nioxin Recharging Complex multiple vitamins too. They are made especially for hair, skin and nails.

E
E
hello MrsSJames,
I'm sorry to hear about your condition. I'm 23 and I suffer from alopecia almost 6 years now. I haven't find a cure that will work for me but I've found a product that really helps cover the problem. It's name is "Toppik. I hope it helps you until you are cured.
I really hope you can find a cure for this ( i hope I can find a cure for my condition too!)
best of luck!

Last edited by Lynne Chapman; 08/25/08 08:47 AM.
T
T
I have not hair fall problem much, my problem is my hair don't grow well.My hair length is medium,I want long hair,do u have any idea about this?

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
There are some great articles here for helping your hair grow faster and healthier.
Nutrition for Hair

G
G
Falling of hair after you have a baby is common. After you give birth, your estrogen levels take a tumble and a lot more hair follicles enter the resting stage. So to prevent hair fall it's good to take vitamins, protein and iron rich diet, consumption of raw vegetables and fruits, salads and green leafy vegetables.
-------------------------
Glenita

Last edited by Lynne Chapman; 09/06/08 11:03 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.