BellaOnline
Posted By: MrsSJames I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 08/19/08 10:14 PM
I'm 22 years old, in march of 07 I had a baby, and ever since my hair has been falling out in fist full. I am worried about my hair. it is thining even though I use thickening shampoos and products. I take vitmins and use warm oils in my hair to try to help it but it still falls out. I cant seem to fix it. its strong and has no split ends, its not dry or oily, all in all it is healthy, but its falling out at the roots. I have in the past dyed my hair but I havening in over a year, I had a salon prem my hair 8 months ago and the perm fell out the next day, I did not wash it or get it wet at all, it just fell out and would not crul, so I let it be. but it still falls out. I am scared I will lose my hair, any ideas on how to save it?
Go see your Dr. right away~ after my first baby I developed a post pregnancy case of hypothyroidism and the hair loss was my biggest symptom.. it was just a simple blood test

Hope you can get to the bottom of your problem smile
Posted By: MrsSJames Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 08/19/08 10:24 PM
I have had my thyroid checked out and there is nothing wrong with it, could there be something else wrong?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 08/19/08 10:37 PM
Are u under a lot of stress, stress can cause hair loss, hopefully Jase can help you out, im sure he'll come by.
Also a change in your diet maybe can cause hair loss.
Posted By: Lady J Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 08/19/08 11:03 PM
Stress and hormones cause a lot of things to go wrong with hair. It is not uncommon post-pregnancy to lose some hair.

I would seek out your Dr. and consult with them on what may be the cause of the hair loss.

It could be stress, hormones, alopecia, a fungus or bacteria, etc etc etc.

I hope you find out something soon.
Many young women have hair loss problems. If you have had your thyroid checked, it is most likely hormonal.

My daughter had a similar problem after her first baby was born. It would come back and then start falling out again. It continued after the second pregnancy. She is using the Nioxin 3 part system and will probably always use it. Her hair stopped falling out and has remained fairly thick(not as thick as when she was a teenager) and healthy. Nioxin deals with hormonal fluctuations and scalp health. I suggest taking the Nioxin Recharging Complex multiple vitamins too. They are made especially for hair, skin and nails.
Posted By: ephoebe Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 08/25/08 11:23 AM
hello MrsSJames,
I'm sorry to hear about your condition. I'm 23 and I suffer from alopecia almost 6 years now. I haven't find a cure that will work for me but I've found a product that really helps cover the problem. It's name is "Toppik. I hope it helps you until you are cured.
I really hope you can find a cure for this ( i hope I can find a cure for my condition too!)
best of luck!
Posted By: twilight12 Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 08/28/08 05:25 AM
I have not hair fall problem much, my problem is my hair don't grow well.My hair length is medium,I want long hair,do u have any idea about this?
There are some great articles here for helping your hair grow faster and healthier.
Nutrition for Hair
Posted By: glenita Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 09/06/08 06:44 AM
Falling of hair after you have a baby is common. After you give birth, your estrogen levels take a tumble and a lot more hair follicles enter the resting stage. So to prevent hair fall it's good to take vitamins, protein and iron rich diet, consumption of raw vegetables and fruits, salads and green leafy vegetables.
-------------------------
Glenita

Actually, it is hair that would be lost anyway.

During pregnancy your body slows down on hair loss. The hormone changes cause your body to "hang onto" hair that would normally be shed on a day-to-day basis.

Then after yoiu give birth, and these hormones back down, you lose all the hair at one time that you would have normally lost over the nine month period. Which makes it seem like you are having a really drastic hair loss!

Sometimes if you nurse your baby, these hormone levels will fall off less quickly, so the hair loss is less drastic (all at once). But this is not always the case.

Over the next couple of months your hormones will even out again, and your new hair growth will catch back up with your hair "loss".

The diet suggesteds is good anyway -because you need these as a new Mom and protein and iron are the two things that new Moms seem to sacrifice the most, and the body can suffer from.
I read the post title and was going to say that when my adrenal gland was fatigued I lost a lot of hair (and weight - and time - and energy)) BUT now that I read you've recently given birth I would have to agree with Michelle ....it is very likely normal post-pregnancy hair loss.

Things should get back to a more normal (pre-pregnancy hair loss - you can't base normal off of what you've been experiencing the past year!) rate of hair growth and loss.

If you are still breastfeeding it can be beneficial to keep up with your prenatal vitamins which will help encourage health hair and nails as well.

Angela <><
Posted By: Chris Hayter Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 09/09/08 07:34 PM
Hi, Are you still taking your iron tablets? I think you might like to ask your doctor about your iron levels. Iron is important for healthy hair growth also the stress of new baby and your hormones settling down could be responsible. There are products that will help slow down your hair loss. You could try Ecrinal hair cream at waaw.

Good Luck and for Gods sake try not to worry. That doesn't help either.

Chris
Posted By: Mannu123 Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 09/18/08 10:40 AM
Falling of hair is a common problem, i think we cant stop falling of hair. Its depend on many situation like Stress, don't eat food at time,some real life tension, weakness and depend on weather also.According to me when you have not any type of weakness and others issue, fall of hair automatically stop.
Hello Chris,
Thank you for your comment and welcome to the forum. We love to hear from new members. smile
Hello Mannu123,
Thank you for your comments.
Welcome to the forum. I love to hear from new members as well as old members. wink
My hair is thinning and I am almost 50....I was told by my last hair stylist to quit putting so much protein into my hair with shampoos. I use a "natural" shampoo now and I swear my hair looks fuller. It's only been about two weeks.

I am using Suave shampoo now - Suave Naturals soothing Lavender/Lilac.

Hi Robin,
Many women around your age experience thinning hair. - Dreaded hormonal fluxuations! The proteins you were using may have been building up on your hair and weighing it down, making it look flatter and thiner.
Posted By: iamabeliever Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 09/22/08 01:37 AM
I suspected the iron problem. I am iron deficient and have been experiencing hair breakage and thinning right in the center of my HEAD! I think I will consistently start taking my iron and a multi-vitamin. I love my hair I do not want to see it in the comb!
Posted By: reidderick Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 10/15/08 07:02 PM
hello i am 22 years old and i am having the hair fall problem and i find some nice suggestion on this forum this site is good for those people who have problem related to the hair
Posted By: LesFex Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 10/16/08 05:33 AM
The solution for falling hair can be a combination of medicines as prescribed by the doctor and good nutrition coupled with good grooming. Use only good quality shampoos and oil. Comb the hair gently with a god comb. Dry the hair after a head bath and then comb gently. Do not leave the hair unattended for long periods of time as this may lead to the hair becoming sticky and rough hair leading to hair loss.

Posted By: Digidemo Re: I'm 22 and my hair is falling out! - 11/18/08 09:32 AM
Hello forum member,

I am new member in this forum.
© BellaOnline Forums