Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#443730 08/13/08 02:41 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Excuse me, but an entire thread was deleted from this forum. Could I get an explanation, please? I was merely asking a question. That doesn't seem right to me that you'd just delete my thread without communicating with me first.

Is this what happened before when all the old posters suddenly disappeared? Did you just delete them off the face of the planet?

Why aren't any of the newbies posting anymore, either? Were they censored beyond belief? Or maybe they didn't exist to begin with. cool

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I was wondering the same thing. I didn't think the thread was offensive or anything...you were just stating your opinion.

In the past, there were issues with what was being said and how it was being said. A lot of people left. I'm a former poster who's been off the board awhile, but I'm starting to see why people left.

karenb #443742 08/13/08 04:23 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Things certainly have changed around here...

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
M.B. #443743 08/13/08 04:28 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
what was the thread about?

S
OP Offline
S
I simply asked why this is a forum for "everyone who doesn't have kids for whatever reason" can be called a child-free forum. I disagreed with the "smile and nod and be happy" policy that this forum now advocates - while sweeping every single opinion that doesn't jive with their "please everyone" policy.

It's sad, but true. I watched it happen a few months ago, but I was just a lurker then.

Now I see how hypocritical everything is. It's sad that members are constantly reminded about what a "happy" place this is, and how we don't tolerate any negativity.

Well, guess what? Life isn't all sunshine and roses. There's a lot of negativity out there, but it doesn't mean that we're all haters of some kind.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
The thing is - this has never been called the "Child-Free" forum. It has always had the title of "Married No Kids" forum. Which includes people who don't want kids and people who can't have kids.

At least it has always had that title since I've been here, and I started writing for BellaOnline back in 2005.

So Kim is writing for a wide variety of people. And not every single article is going to please every person every time.

But, since we write as volunteers, we sometimes take things a little more personally (at least I know I do) because I can't just pass this off as "oh, this is my job" - I'm writing things that I have personal belief or passion for.

BellaOnline is a place about support. There are loads of forums around that have negative slants - we never want our forum to be that way. We want women (and men) to feel positive when they come here, to feel there is someone that has their back and will listen and be there to pump them up. That was the reason I found BellaOnline in the first place (Depression discussion drew me in).

Support doesn't always mean "happy", but it does mean positive and looking for ways to improve; not ways to drag others down.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Michelle is absolutely right.

Sweetkb713, I just sent you a PM.

Jilly #444037 08/14/08 11:14 AM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Just a note to everyone, if a post is disrespectful to others, it is not welcome here and it WILL be deleted. In the words of a CF forum you may know of elsewhere, we reserve the right to determine what is offensive.

Last edited by Jilly; 08/14/08 11:18 AM.
Jilly #444060 08/14/08 12:00 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I've been here from from the beginning and we've never had a "Child Free" forum or topic. It has always been "Married No Kids".

There are plenty of CF forums on the internet. BellaOnline.com has chosen to take a different viewpoint and welcome those who are child-free by choice and those who are child-free by circumstance.

We here at BellaOnline.com have no tolerance for people who make posts that are considered rude, hateful, inconsiderate, flames, trolls, etc. These posts can be edited, locked, or deleted by a moderator at any time.

C
C
And thank you for that: the editing and deleting of inappropriate posts. That is why I come here- because it is what it is: a forum for people Married with no kids.
Keep up the great work!! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.