Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Roni Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I had a bad experience when I was dating. A young man (blind date actually)wearing "Canoe" tried to rape me...luckily that scent is not around anymore BUT just the smallest whiff would make my stomach lurch...the brain is most easily reached via the nostrils...

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
How horrible, Roni. I'm sorry that happened to you and hope your soul is healed from the past. Thank God that fragrance isn't around anymore.

My bad scent memory, actually it's an ongoing trigger - raw red meat. I don't eat red meat, but my husband eats steak and I prepare and cook roast for my father-in-law. When I stand at the grocery meat counter and stare at the meat all lined up under the glass and smell the bloody flesh I feel like hurling. I don't mean to be gross, but it really grosses me out. Then when I'm at home and have to stab the meat to tenderize it I have to take breaks and often can't look at the meat when I'm stabbing it. I start thinking of the animal and I have flashes of...well I won't go into details. I've said enough.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 07/11/08 10:47 PM.
J
J
How about a good memory, then? My Grandmother always kept spearmint gum in her purse. It was a treat for us each time we saw her. I don't think I will ever forget the spearmint scent, mixed with the leather of her purse. Odd combination I guess, but I'll always remember opening her purse.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A sense of smell is much more potent in retrieving lost memories, methinks, and what I always remember is the smell of "new" newspaper --- it kinda reminds me of dad reading 'em on Sunday mornings.

R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
My grandmother used to carry chiclets gum in her purse - I understand completly juliegee!

I dated a man who loved "Irish dinners" with the corned beef, potatoes, cabbage, etc....but he could not stay in the house while the cabbage was cooking because it made him cry. He said he knew something bad must have happened when he was young and there must have been cabbage cooking. He never could remember what it was.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I always smelled Vicks at my grandparents house that is when she wasn't making rhubarb pies lol

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
The scent of a man, has to be the worse scent for me
It brings back memories of my father, and the sex abuse

Rosie L
L
Shark
Shark
L
the scent of Avon original pink bubblebath IS childhood for me!

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
L
Shark
Shark
L
also the smell of Aqua-Net hairspray mixed with Avon's Here's My Heart cologne is what I remember my Aunt Lil smelling like as a child--every once in a while I get a whiff of that hairspray when there is no way I should be smelling it and I know it is Aunt Lil saying Hi from the spirit world!

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I remember Aqua Net - my childhood friend and I used to play at being grownup and wearing that. The smell was unique, wasn't it?
That's nice you have that pleasant association with your aunt.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Juliette-Fragrance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.