Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 36 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 35 36
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Rosie - health and family are certainly critical! Both are so important for long term contentment.

How about you personally, for your happiness? Is there anything you've always wanted to do or try?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jill - I think you have a great concept of ways to help people reach their short term goals. Let's work on that over in the short term goals area, not in this priorities area, because priorities is much higher level and not conducive to details smile

Priorities should be overreaching, a nebulous cloud of "general direction for my life". That way we can set our goals to head in the right direction smile

Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
To Meg, Business Coach. How great it is that you are trying to preserve the bees! My husband has hives here on our farm and we produce honey. You are so right that most people don't understand what a true emergency this is. Yesterday on the news here the anchor repeated a quote from Einstein about if the honey bee ever becomes extinct, humans will also become extinct. It's serious business. This is one of my husband's priorities!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
On one hand I really agree completely that we need to figure out the honey bee problem. On the other hand I think nature will balance out a solution. Say the problem is a louse. It is killing off say 75% of the bees because the remaining 25% are resistant. So those resistant ones will breed and multiply and soon we will have a ton of bees which are resistant to the louse.

We had these threats many years ago about killer bees, that they were going to invade the entire US and we'd have to live wearing nets over our heads all the time. That never quite happened smile

So I do definitely think we should research it, but I don't personally believe that bees will vanish from the face of the earth. I think we'll end up with stronger, better bees.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Stronger, faster bees than before! Bionic bees!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Here's the wikipedia page on this -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Now that we've been working on goals for a while, has anybody found they are refining their priority list? Are there priorities you wanted to add on - or others that you found were not quite as important?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I am still very happy with mine. smile

Zebra
Zebra
Okay, I'm playing catch-up because I've been busy with other stuff. I've been writing goals forever, but I want to play along with everyone here, too!

So, my priorities are:

Balance in my life. I want to make time for all the people and things I love without losing myself in the process.

Health. I want to be healthy and fit and vibrant in all areas--mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, social.

Family and friends: I want to nurture and grow my most special relationships. And, I would like to find a life partner to grow old(er) with, maybe even marry.

Financial: Get debt-free again. Increase my savings. Make more money. Live more frugally.

Business/Career: Write more, publish more, monetize more.

My mission is to help people learn to be happier and more successful in their lives. I think these priorities and what I am doing now all speak to that, too.

T
T
My priorities in the next five years will be:

- to learn to have a healthier relationship with my husband.
We have been at eachother's throats for almost 2 years over trying to conceive and not getting anywhere. We've both decided that 2 years is more than enough, we need a long time out, and maybe not to have children at all.
- to become a better saver, not buying things I don't need.
I just had a garage sale gettign rid of a ton of stuff that I bought less than a year ago...some things still had the tags on!!!
- to become a better housekeeper.
The house is a perpetual disaster area...lately it's gone from messy to just plain gross!
- to learn to not to be so critical of myself.
I am much harder on myself than anyone else will ever be. I don't see myself in a positive light at all. That has to change.
- to start a continous year round hobby.
I don't have a hobby, I used to be a part of a "puzzle club", but it has over the last few months broken up. I need to have interaction with others, I need at least one night a week where I have plans to do something productive and fun outside my home. Right now I feel like all I do is work, sleep, go to school and work some more.
- to take better care of myself, start getting 7 hours of sleep again, regardless of my work schedule.
Right now I work overnights and generally don't sleep until after my shifts, and even then I only sleep for 4-6 hours.
- make new/healthy friendships.
I feel like almost all my current friends I am not really close to, and the few that I actually spend time with are really dragging me down, always complaining, always binge eating together and never doing anything active or fun.
- take a vacation every summer.
I really want for us to actually save up our vacation time at work for a vacation away someplace every summer for 2 weeks. Starting this year, we just booked a cruise to Bermuda! Good start, right? :c)

And I'm sure there is more, but these are my top ones that came to mind.

Page 6 of 36 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.