Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#368607 01/22/08 05:41 PM
C
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
C
This week, I wrote about dealing with insensitive comments after a miscarriage. I'm sure every one who has experienced a miscarriage has heard at least one. Weigh in. What were the comments you heard that you could have done without? How did you deal with them?

b]Christine Beauchaine[/b]
miscarriage

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
I had a miscarriage at the beginning of Nov. A few of my relatives said some things. My cousin cristina carried her baby to term and he died. So when everyone heard that I had miscarriage, alot of them said its ok, it happens, but be gald u lost him now instead of later like cristina. I know they meant well and were trying to cheer me up. But it still hurt.

H
H

Insensitive Comment Round Up? I just found out yesterday that at 12 weeks my baby has passed away. When I told my best friend this morning she asked me if I wanted to be on her "Beer Volleyball league because I can drink now." I am a 30 year old professional - it must have just been what was on her mind. Apparently my whole pregnancy was messing up her team.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Heather, i am so sorry for your lost!
And your thoughtless friend

Rosie L
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
My mom -- who usually is wiser than this in interpersonal issues -- said to me, "Well, at least I know you know there was probably something wrong with it." (It was an early mis -- at 5 weeks.) But I didn't know that -- I have infertility problems, and it could have been a hormonal imbalance. And no matter the cause, the fact that I conceived and than lost it, I didn't want to hear anything but "Poor baby." (Yeah, I know, selfish of me!)

Parakeet
Parakeet
With my first miscarriage some "friend" said, "Well, it's better because you probably had a deformed one inside you anyway.That's nature's way of dealing with abnormalities."

I was crushed and never spoke to her again.

Last edited by kristen houghton; 06/15/08 08:10 PM.

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
H
H

My miscarriage was a partial molar - a true genetic abnormality when my best friend heard this she said oh, "so you had like a deformed alien inside you." I was so dumbfounded that she could say this two weeks after i lost the baby that I had so loved. I laughed even though I wanted to cry. I went through the motions of our friendship for the next two months, but since I have started getting a hangle on things I have taken a closer look at our friendship and have not spoken to her.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Ladies,

I am so sorry for the pain that all of you went through.

Not only in losing your children, but in losing friends and family support, too.

There was a thread on here the other day about "empathy". We are sorely lacking that in the world today.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Parakeet
Parakeet
My grandmother, whom I love dearly, upon learning of my miscarriage at 19 weeks... "Good you don't really need more kids anyway"....

sigh

Last edited by Stephanie-Divorce; 06/24/08 10:10 PM.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Koala
Koala
The "it's not so bad" response: "It's not like you can't get pregnant again. There's always next time."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.