Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 35 36
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes definitely you are both awesome photographers!!

Dan likes to make cool Zen wood furniture? And you need a table?

smile smile smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I know that sounds like a given but we really don't need him to make me a table. Too many reasons why not. I'd rather get a cruddy craiglist table and then get rid of it when we get my dinette.

Last edited by Jilly; 06/23/08 02:05 AM.
Gecko
Gecko
This is actually kind of hard for me to identify!
I think
(1) Travel is a passion of mine and
(2) Get UK Residency and UK citizenship for me and my husband because that makes travel easier for us - especially for him. (3) Doing well at work because that also helps with number 2 plus I am a contientious (can't spell!) person who HATES to fail!
(4) Conversely personal time and freedom are VERY important to me so to be assertive enough in work to maintain a good balance and maybe even improve it. (E.g. someone wants me to do another one year course and I've decided to say no. It will NOT affect the UK Residency thing.)
(5) Continue to improve my social life and continue to meet with positive people. Be nice to become close to some but for now I will just continue to get out there, met some great people week before last!
(6) Spirituality is important to me and for me that includes continuing to focus on what I want in my life. And also to uplift others where possible, even though sometimes it may just be through forums, thinking good thoughts, wishing them well etc. (By the way: I wish that ALL of you reach your goals whether they are similar to mine or very different and I look forward to hearing your success stories!!)
(7) Also spiritual: Get out of debt (in time, we came to the UK to travel and that IS a priority, we have credit cards pay more than the minimum and they are going down) and donate more money to charity although hubby and I DO already donate.
(8) Get a house in the UK for me and hubby. I want to rent it out, he wants us to live in it but rent it out if we want to move on but we are open to each other's ideas here. This is a three to five year goal.

Last edited by Athena_Marina; 06/23/08 04:25 PM.

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Athena - those are great priorities! Some of them are starting to include goals too, and that's OK. It helps you get yourself focused. Now you can work out your specific long term goals based on those priorities!

I definitely agree that hanging out with positive people is SO important. Negative people can just sap your energy completely! I am all for helping people as much as you can - but for your own mental health you also need to have a support group that *is* supportive smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I keep thinking about this, and am not real sure how to word some of it (some writer I am!) - so maybe if I ramble a bit I'll make sense...

1. somehow get my son with Asperger's to the best and most independant place he can be (because he so wants to live on his own one day)
2. reduce our debt
3. find my spiritual "place" - I know I believe as a Christian - but I am still missing something
4. decide what I want to accomplish professionally - I have been at home with the kids, and I have so many interests - I cannot seem to narrow it down to "what I want to be when I grow up"
5. use my negative experiences to help others - turn the bad into good

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
LML Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I've been thinking about this and thinking about this. I don't think it should be this hard to find my priorities! Michelle's #4 hit a chord with me. So, I think I'll take a stab at listing some.

1. Getting our finances under control (seems to be a popular one)
2. Keeping creativity in my life
3. Figure out how to be content, find some joy
4. Connecting with hubby and the kids

My health, and my Family

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
it sounds like a lot of people have creativity as a life priority I know I do and so does my DH. Should we start a thread on this one? Oh, and one on finances, too, i think. And fitness. And how to make quality time with our lived ones. Um, and one on ways to increase spirituality/serenity in our lives.

I am uncertain where these should all go.

We need to start some kind of thread index of all these related threads so we can keep helping each other. I know I am finding this very useful for me. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 06/27/08 06:34 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Michelle - rambling definitely helps and you can always update and adjust as you go! We all get great ideas from each other and tweak smile

Those sound like fantastic priorities, and give you great directions to head in for your goals!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Laura -

Finances does seem very popular - it's good to know you're not alone! I'm sure if all of us brainstorm we will come up with some great solutions smile

Low Carb Forum
Page 5 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.