Print Thread
R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
In recent light of the entire Reverend Jeremiah Wright incident; has this had any affect on your view of Senator Obama? Or, do you still view him in the same light--whether you were a supporter or not?

Have some been too quick to point the finger? Can we hold Senator Obama responsible for the words and fiery comments of one person? Or, can we separate the two, and see him on his own merits and convictions?

Last edited by Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd; 05/03/08 01:13 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
I personally still view Obama in the same like as I always have, which I'm not going to reveal which way I sway on my opinions in his respect one way or another. However, I think Reverend Wrirght has done damage to his campaign that cannot be undone. The damage was severely done the first time around when he spoke in his own church and was taped for the world to see. Then just when his rhetoric died down he went on tour with the NAACP dinners and the cameras were rolling again on more controversial words, that once again, did more harm, than good to Obama's campaign. I don't know why the Reverend has chosen this point in time to get so verbal with his national preaching. He's got to know it could cause Obama the Democratic election because some voters out there are unable to separate his boisterous religious rhetoric from good solid politics, unfortunately for Obama. That's all I have to say on this matter. It's very sad to see what is happening after Obama has worked so hard to get were he's at. Voters are confused.

B
B
The Jeremiah Wright situation has not changed my opinion of Barack Obama. And for that matter, I don�t have strong opinions one way or the other about Jeremiah Wright. He has made some incredibly thoughtless and hurtful comments but jus because I don�t agree with what he says; he has every right to make those statements.
That being said, Barack Obama can not control what his friends, his supporters, his Pastor/former Pastor or anyone else says. I adore my Pastor immensely. But if he said things that were hurtful to other people I couldn�t turn my feelings off and walk away from him as quickly as people were calling for Obama to walk away from Rev. Wright.
Bottom line, Obama should be judged on his words and actions, not anyone else�s.

Visit me at Pleasure Island!
Pleasure Island
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Nothing Jeremiah Wright has said has affected my opinion of Barack Obama. He's just another clown on stage looking for his 15 minutes of fame. Unfortunately the very theatrics that can attract us towards a spiritual leader are the very same ones that can make him self-destruct. He's no different than many of the other spiritual leaders that have made complete fools out of themselves.

As far as his affect on the campaign. There are people across this country recently interviewed who still think that Senator Obama is Muslim! So how much impact did this really make?

Lisa Angelettie MSW
BellaOnline Depression Editor
Are You Depressed?

Moderated by  Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.