Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
One sure way to hold off those aging wrinkles is not what you put ON your skin but what you put in your mouth! fruits and veggies are packed with youth giving antioxidants.

Antioxidants protect you from many age related diseases like Alzheimer's, cancer, artherosclerosis and more.

You always hear that getting 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies a day is good for you and this is why. Blueberries are on every superfood list you'll see.

Last edited by Beauty B's; 11/07/08 09:21 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
P
I drink a blueberry and yogurt smoothie most mornings. (I alternate with a banana smoothie.) I always measure out 1 cup of berries, so I know I'm getting 2 fruit servings out of the way.

I know, I make it sound like I'm taking medicine, but sometimes I have a real struggle to avoid sweets and refined carbs. Every time I actually choose the healthy food, I feel like I've had a triumph.

The smoothies are a great routine for me, because in recent months I have come to avoid eating breakfast. (I'd rather get straight to my work.) Drinking a smoothie doesn't feel forced, but I'm still getting healthy calories to kickstart my day.

Rebecca
Pro-Life Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Smoothies are great. It is better for your body to have fluids in the morning as opposed to anything heavy anyway. Plus it is the better way to get your antioxidants. There is an indication that supplementing for antioxidants might not work as once thought so we should be eating and drinking the real thing.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
My husband and I have been starting our day with a smoothie based in green tea for about 5 years. wE use blueberries and bananas too. I think its made a real difference in our health.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have given up trying to get my kids to eat fruit for dessert or snacks - its too much effort for them and for me! They seem to find it much more convenient to just take it as a drink! Expensive though, if you buy it.

J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
BellaShorts, there's a product on my blog you might like for your kids called Beyond Berries. It's a condensed powder packet with 16 different types of berries in it, including blueberries, acai, raspberries, cranberries, mangosteen and others. You can mix it with water and get all the antioxidants you need for the day. It's put out by UriLife.

I've been giving packets of it to my daughter who is in college. she finally figured out that if she eats lots of fruits and veggies, takes her vitamins and uses organic skin care products, her face doesn't break out any more.

She plays softball tho for the college team and when they are on the road for games, the rest of the team is addicted to fast food so she needed something quick and easy she could take with her.

We love the Beyond Berries.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thank-you - I'll have a look. I have heard that blueberries have anti-cancer properties. My college student daughter would find it handy too.

J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
Blueberries are on every superfood list and they've build entire businesses out of mangosteen and noni berries, which are both in Beyond Berries.

Yes, for my daughter it has to be very easy as she's so busy she just doesn't have time for a lot. She'd like to do smoothies every day but hasn't the time.

Actually antioxidants protect our cells from free radicals, the harmful oxygen molecules formed in our cells from exposure to the toxins in our environment, plus habits like smoking, drinking alcohol, or being stressed out. These free radicals damage cells and result in:

* wrinkles and sagging, aging skin
* cancer
* atherosclerosis
* Alzheimer's
* rheumatoid arthritis
* aging of our bodies
* allergies

So antioxidants help protect you from more than wrinkles but I figured since this was the beauty forum, I'd stick with wrinkles:)

Last edited by joanj; 05/03/08 09:41 AM.
P
P
I've been noticing the beginnings of some fine lines around my mouth and eyes lately. I have a horrible habit of squinting and making "concentration faces" when I work.

I read somewhere that Christie Brinkley keeps baked sweet potatoes in the fridge for snacking - she certainly looks great!

-Rebecca
Pro-Life Editor

J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
She probably also has personal trainers and beauty experts to keep her in shape too-lol.

I do think tho that good health habits are going to show up in our faces first as we age. Not much way to hide it if you've lived on junk food and sugar, smoked cigarettes or haven't gotten the exercise and sleep you needed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.