Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#410138 04/22/08 12:34 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Did you know that your thoughts first thing in the morning can set the emotional tone for the entire day?
Yes, that's true!

So let me ask you this - How do you "emotionally" begin your day? Any positive tips you can share with us?

Two new articles are now posted on the Self Development site - one on self-esteem and one on personal power. Here's the link to our site - Self Development Articles

If you haven't subscribed to our free weekly newsletter, please take a minute and sign up - Self Development Newsletter

Happy Earth Day!

~Sharon smile

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
I say to myself that it is a new day and anything is possible smile

H
Koala
Koala
H
Last year i started an experiment... I wanted to see how much happier i could become in a month. I picked a whole bunch of things to try, but what surprised me was one of the most simple things... something that even sounded a little silly to me at the time... wound up having the most effect! That's when i started the "What Am I Looking Forward to Today?" thread here. Each morning i tried to name three things in the day i could look forward to. On the days i felt depressed after nightmares and it was hard to find even one thing, i still forced myself to do it. Those days were the most rewarding because while i wracked my brains trying to think of positive things, my mind was off feeling sorry for myself or discouraged. Often the things I picked were very small, immediate things... my coffee... petting my cat... knitting... the weather... talking to someone. It made me realize that most of happiness IS made up of these little things, but that if we don't look for what's under our nose, we take it for granted and miss the happiness part. Sometimes i forget to do this each morning, but i always come back to doing it because it works so well. Later, i started adding reviewing my day in the same way... What things am i grateful for? What were the best parts of the day? This is much better than thinking about what i didn't get done or what i have to do tomorrow. smile

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
That is true Holly - the little things are actually the BIGGEST things smile

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I start my day by going through my positive "to do" list in my head. At the end I say, "Today I am grateful for ..." then I get out of bed with an attitude of gratitude.

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
There are some days, of course, where I don't wake up in that positive attitude.... I think I woke up yesterday on the wrong side of the bed because I had a bad dream. I talked myself out of it but that is why we have to try so hard, for the bad days!

H
Koala
Koala
H
I'm sorry to hear you've been having nightmares, BillieCat. Wish i could help in some way.

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Hi Holly:

At least I don't have bad dreams every night - most of the time I have good dreams; it really affects your morning after waking up to a bad dream.
It helps to come here, don't you think?

H
Koala
Koala
H
It does. I hope i don't sound crabby on those mornings after nightmares. I worry about that. I haven't been having as many as i did in the winter, until this last week. I kinda know what stirred it up this week for me... something happened that reminded me of the past.

You know, so many people I've talked to have had trouble sleeping this week! We had a full moon a couple days ago, but even still it seems really odd that so many people had trouble in the last four nights! I think more than half the people i know mentioned it this week. I wonder if that's just a coincidence or if the moon and the weather, etc. is behind it?

But it does help to come here. Sharon always has something interesting for us to think about and even just the company is good. smile

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I work out a "to do" list the night before. Then when I get up I'm focused on what I want to accomplish during my day.

I'm a morning person so I use the morning as my best time of the day.

I start out too visualizing and affirming positive things for my day.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.