Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#411215 04/24/08 04:18 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I'm utterly disgusted with the mother on Dr. Phil today. She says "My dad DEFINITELY sexually abused me as a baby and a child, and was physically abusive with me." So what does she do when she had a kid? LETS HIM STAY OVER THERE OVERNIGHT WITH GRANDPA! Seriously, you have to be brain damaged to not think "If this person did that to me, they'll do it again to someone else.". Now her kid is 12 and sexually molesting other kids. Freakin' DANDY.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I forgot to say, I'm also disgusted with that woman's mother, because SHE SAW her husband molesting their daughter and didn't promptly castrate him.

K
Shark
Shark
K
Yes, that is unforgivable. Turning a blind eye to such abuse is just as morally reprehensible as carrying it out.

The emperor has no clothes. Choose The Childfree Life!
ki-akkil #411220 04/24/08 04:31 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Dr. Phil is an egomaniac and a farce. I don't even think he's licensed in CA and I know he isn't in Texas! Poor guests, these people need real help!

"The fittest will survive, yet the unfit may live"
~Devo
ki-akkil #411222 04/24/08 04:32 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That is really disturbing if there is a known pedophile and a woman knowingly puts her child into his care overnight whether she's related to him or not. To me that's time to call in child services ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Originally Posted By: DaughterOfDada
Dr. Phil is an egomaniac and a farce. I don't even think he's licensed in CA and I know he isn't in Texas! Poor guests, these people need real help!

He can be a joke at times, but he DOES refer them to real help after the show at least. As far as I know anyways. Regardless, he isn't the one who put that woman up to do something so insane as to let her kid even SEE the man who molested her, never mind let him stay with him!

Owl Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
Not that I am condoning anything, but I thought she said she only started remembering the abuse in her late 20's.. well after she let her kid stay there. Am I recalling that correctly?

Owl #411235 04/24/08 05:04 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I didn't catch that if that's the case. (I'm at work so when a customer comes in I have to help them) IF she didn't remember (and o.k., maybe she wouldn't remember sexual abuse as a 4 year old and an 8 year old) then it wouldn't be so much an onus on her as long as she immediately cut off all access to her son from her father which I don't think she did. However, how could she forget being beaten severely as a 14 year old? Getting thrown down the stairs and beaten so badly with extension cords that the welts are there for weeks seems to be something I remember, and I know I wouldn't go anywhere near someone who beat the hell out of me like that, never mind let them near people I care for.

Then there's HER mother, who had no such forgetfulness. She KNEW her husband molested her daughter, but decided to leave things as they are so she wouldn't rock the boat.

Owl Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
I'm sure she remembers being beaten.. maybe she (stupidly) didn't think grandpa would do that to her son as well. I remember they said she left her son there while she "got her life together". I'm thinking she was quite young when she had her son and maybe didn't feel like there were any other options.
Her mom is awful. She openly admitted she didn't want to mess up her lifestyle and lose everything for the sake of the kid.

Owl #411239 04/24/08 05:20 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
::shudders:: That was on another show too, the mom married to a military guy and they lived on an army base in another country. She didn't want to mess things up so she didn't do anything about her daughter getting molested by her husband. It just seems insane to me to let things drift like that! Even if I didn't know where to go, I'd fight first and worry about the details later. Living on the street would be better than letting someone I cared about getting hurt over and over.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.