logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Parakeet
Parakeet
Well, at least they don't hiss and puke at you -- worse they do is rub up against you. DW is semi-allergic to cats, so as always, when she is in a room with a cat, guess who gets the walk-to by the cat first. Me, who loves cats and likes to pet them, etc, or DW who has problems with cats?

Three guesses..and the first two don't count. smile smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Bob, my boyfriend, has multiple claw marks all over his body right now because we've been treating our cat's chin with acne pads. Every time we wipe down his chin, Bob gets more claw marks. So they can be harmful somtimes smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
::looks at my mangled right hand:: Right now I look like I made a botched attempt at slitting my wrist because Mr. Psychopath kitty decided to FLIP OUT that the vacuume was sitting out in the living room. (And it wasn't even ON!) Also have two deep gouges in my palm and finger because I didn't realize I needed to clip his claws again. >_< Anyone have any good tips on de-sensitizing a cat to vacuumes?

Parakeet
Parakeet
Ok, ok -- under normal circumstances, the claws don't come out. I guess like any other person, they react to pain/loud sounds/reactions. smile

F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
We have this joke that whenever the cat scratches one of us, bites us, or even pees or pukes in the house, we'll say to whoever is the brunt of her anger, "What'd you do wrong?"

So, Grey, that is just your cat telling you to neaten up and put that vacuum away, and my best advice is to obey.

Our cat successfully got my DH to not leave his clothes on the floor anymore by pissing on them. Now if she could just get him to cook dinner! And clean the shower!

E
Koala
Koala
E
Originally Posted By: Jzel
Well, my friend is over the Esthetician department until we hire a manager. And he comes into work and that girl complains about me saying I don't like kids etc. So, my friend pulls me aside out of work while we are talking and tells me about the complaint.

The girl who complained is really out of line. What a nasty woman.

But on the subject of your friend letting you know about the "complaint" - without knowing the tone of the conversation - it sounds to me like he might have been trying to give you a heads up rather than agreeing with her? To prevent you having to go through that for real with the actual/eventual new manager, I mean, in case that person is another parent who sides with the others.

Or did it sound more like he felt he needed to "deal" with the complaint?

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
J
Jzel Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
J
::looks at my mangled right hand:: Right now I look like I made a botched attempt at slitting my wrist because Mr. Psychopath kitty decided to FLIP OUT that the vacuume was sitting out in the living room. (

My dogs goes bonkers when I pull out the vacuum. He barks, growls and when I vacuum he attacks it. He has almost pulled off the rubber strip that is on the front of it. The little second dog I have (who is second in the pack) follows the leader and he sees Sammie mad at the vacuum so now he just stands back and barks over and over at it. B/t the vacuum running and the dogs barking..I feel like I am going to loose my mind.

CFBC
C
Shark
Shark
C
Jzel...your coworker seems out of line there. Besides, she ASKED YOU. It wasn't like you were walking around throwing it in her face all day.

My officemate doesn't like cats and I adore them. She has told me multiple times that she doesn't like cats. It is fine with me. Everyone has an opinion as long as they don't try to force their ways on me.

As for working witha bunch of women - YES that can be VERY touchy at times. Although I have to say the group I currently work with are super great. No hassles and no tattling or trouble making! yay!

And as I mentioned in another thread...my cat loves to be vacuumed!! He lays on his back and spreads his legs to have his belly vacuumed! smile

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
J
Jzel Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
J
My friend said it was a heads up; he laughed too. He is a Pagen and doesn't advertise it but was asked "what church do you go to?" So he understands being "different".

He and I had dinner last night and were talking and I told him I would NOT change who I am and will say what I want as others talk about their kids all the time. I don't just walk around saying I don't have kids but I will express myself in conversation and will not walk away and act like I am a second class citizen b/c I don't have kids. It is hard from women in the town to understand that a 37yr. old women does not want kids...but that is there problem not mine.

CFBC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Jzel, that's awesome that you talked to him and that it was just a heads-up.

It's hard being different in a small town.

Simone de Beauvoir dismissed motherhood as, "...'a strange mixture of narcissism, altruism, idle daydreaming, sincerity, bad faith, devotion and cynicism."

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.