Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
Oh no! Bummer about the lemon trees.

I sometimes have that "in one ear, out the other" problem. I've started to ask my DH to make me repeat things back to him if it's important. Otherwise, sorry, no guarantees ; )

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Oh dear:

"Libra and Taurus? A clear-headed Libra should think ten times before going into something like this... It's a difficult relationship. "

Erm, I am Libran and DH is Taurus. Apparently the conflict comes because neither of us want to make decisions and also according to that compatibility site, I need a bit of a flirt now and then to still feel attractive.

I can't say I have hit these problems yet! I find we are very compatible - here's why:

DH, the Taurus, is very grounded, comfortable in himself, happy to be in one place (not restless like my Sagittarius and Capricorn exes), measured in making decisions, loyal. He brings me a much-needed sense of security at a time in my life (after my earlier struggles) that I need to feel safe and sure-footed. But he can also be stubborn and single minded.

I, the Libran, am emotional, aesthetic, creative, talkative, visionary, flighty and sometimes over-sensitive or insecure. I bring lateral thinking and the ability to see things gently from other perspectives to my DH. I also help to bring out his creativity, and my need to talk everything out gives him the security that there's nothing hidden going on (his ex-wife left him ahd told him she hadn't been happy for 10 years which devastated him and makes him quite nervous if I appear to be more quiet than usual).

We seem to have one source of potential conflict related to our star signs. I sometimes like to make spontaneous decisions based on emotional gut feeling and am occasionally prone to a quite drastic action (eg when I decided to move to London). These moments of sponteneity have been the root of some of my most wonderful adventures and serendipitous experiences in life. DH is much more measured and makes no decision fast. This can cause me to feel stymied and DH to feel anxious that I'm going to cause him to suddenly have to move country or something. But on the good side, he is now making more lateral and bolder decisions since meeting me, and I am being a bit calmer and less likely to jump out of any frying pans into any fires.

It works for us. We both appreciate aesthetic things and are quiet people.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Oh, this sounds fun!

Me - Pisces: Keyword: "I Believe" The Pisces person is compassionate, empathetic, imaginative, sensitive, mystical, spiritual, dreamy, passive, easy-going, idealistic, visionary, inspirational, accepting, undiscriminating, charitable, believes in soul growth, self-sacrificing and artistic. They can also sometimes be distracted, detached, illusory, impractical, gullible, neglectful, escapist and lazy. Suitable occupations are where compassionate and intuitive qualities are needed; such as caring for the sick, needy and animals, religious, social workers, hospitals and institutions, poets, writers, actors, psychics, and models.

Hubby - Taurus: Keyword: "I have". The Taurus person is resourceful, thorough, dependable, responsible, loyal, patient, placid, stable, sensual, affectionate, comfortable, solid, earthy, strong, money-oriented, practical, productive, cautious, musical, and artistic. They can also sometimes be stubborn, indulgent, insecure, acquisitive, possessive, rigid, stodgy and slow. Suitable occupations are where perseverance, practicality and responsibility are awarded,and security is available; such as builders, farmers, bankers, civil servants, accountants and artistic pursuits, especially singing and sculpture.

Pisces fits me pretty much to a "T", but Taurus only about halfway fits my hubby. All the resourceful, practical, dependable stuff is definitely him - but art? Forget it. He's your typical IT person.

He balances me out very well. And he's definietely the more stable of the two of us. crazy

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Michelle - I'd forgotten about the impractical part - I know this has been a point of difference with my Leo partner - I recall when we were looking for our first home and we viewed an Edwardian terrace in shocking condition - my husband went grey looking at the work it needed and the money it would cost - I saw the original fireplaces, the cornices and plaster roses, the leadlight...
I said to my husband..."OK so it needs a lick of paint, new kitchen, new bathroom"...
We ended up buying the house - we had 5 years of work but in the end it was a gorgeous house.
I think I've pushed my DH into a few projects - they've worked out so now he's more relaxed about it - doesn't stress and worry so much - just before we bought our current home 3 years ago we decided we wouldn't renovate again - well I fell in love with a Federation house...walking around the house I was the one saying..."I know it'll be a LOT of work"....
My DH said..."Nah...lick of paint, new kitchen, new bathroom, piece of cake!"...
I've told him it's a bit unsettling - HE'S the one that's supposed to worry and apply the brakes!
So, we currently have tradesmen crawling all over our home.
So, it's been a good balance - he applies the brakes to my enthusiasm - I encourage him to take risks.
Or that's the way it WAS anyway!

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
This is a fun post to read through; I've enjoyed reading mostly about how everyone has analyzed how their signs fit/mesh in their relationships.

What's cool, too, is that this particular topic is not limited to "Married" or "No kids." It's universal. laugh Parents, non-parents, straight, gay, married, dating, Earthling, Vulcan...

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Western Horoscope - I am a Sag (fire sign) - he was a Pisces (water sign). Note how in life water extinguishes fire? Well....enough said.

Eastern Horoscope - I am a pig - he was a snake. On the placemats they say boar and snake should never marry. (see the above)

Whoops........

We were together for 14 years and I took care of him the last 2 years of his life when he had a stroke.

L
lua Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
[quote=lngilbert][quote=Cookiecody]Descriptions are from Wikipedia -BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

L
Koala
Koala
L
Weird!

L
lua Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I know! What are the chances of that happening? Especially online???

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.