logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26
Zebra
Zebra
I wanted to share a lovely little poem, I learnt when I was yet a child, and I have never forgotten it:

No more grumbling or sulking, or hating my state,
No more letting my troubles confound me,
But laughing - and loving
The friends all around me,
And soon, I shall find -
If I really keep trying -
I have enough blessings
to keep me from crying.

I think this is so lovely, it just sums up the tiny delights so available to us all, in our connectedness....

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wow, if I'd said that as a child I would have been sent to my room smile I can't imagine saying that to someone as an adult!

I agree completely, that is just being lazy smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Alexandra - that is pretty! Did you write that? I can't find anything even remotely like it anywhere on the web smile

Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra
No, I didn't make it up... I read it in a book, but I really couldn't tell you any more than that. But it's just stayed with me.....

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That is so intriguing to me that such a cool poem could not be on Google. I guess I think of Google as having all knowledge smile I wonder where it might be from!

Today has been an easy no-complain day - I've been home alone working on catching up on things smile The sun is shining, the parakeets are fluffed up and snoozing! I'm having a nice glass of red wine and testing out some low-carb oatmeal raisin cookies. They are on the small-too-crunchy side, but that's not a complaint, it's a review smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
well, as I am alone all day today I haven't had much chance to complain. So it's a good day and I've been very productive.

What is nice is that my last week i had three day with my family and Dan told me he was proud of how nice and calm and non-defensive I was with everyone. he said that was nice to see. usually my family gets my defensiveness kicking in.

W
Shark
Shark
W
Hubby and I tried this beginning on the 11th. He asked me last night if we were still doing this. :-) I had to laugh, he is doing well at it, I said I needed to start over today.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

Gecko
Gecko
What a neat post - just found it! I'll try it, too.

But I have a question: Does it count if I rant in my private journal?

So far, nothing to complain about today. I work from home so I've experienced no traffic. My coffee is delicious, as was the English muffin/scrambled egg breakfast I made myself. The kitty is content, and I'm looking forward to shopping for my condo after work. Family's healthy and so am I.

Hmm! Time to get off the forum and get productive! (This board is so addicting) eek

W
Shark
Shark
W
Great day you're having so far!
I suggest no ranting in the journal. That would just keep negative thoughts in your mind.

Good luck on finding a condo.
denise

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
We were in fact talking about the "journal ranting / friend ranting" tonight. I would have to agree with Denise, that ranting is about spewing out negative energy and would not be healthy. But that being said - bottling up negative energy isn't healthy either!!

The key seems to be to explore things that are bothering you - but in a constructive way. So way that we had a situation with a waiter who was extremely inattentive at one of our dinners. We could have complained and ranted about him. Instead, we discussed if it was indeed "over the line" behavior on his part, and decided it was. Then we agreed that I would write a letter in to the restaurant - and also warn the hotel we're staying at that this restaurant they sent us to had this problem.

That way the issue is resolved, we feel the "release" from the resolution, and it is productively managed for the future. That is not a rant - but it is a solid solution that makes things better going forward. Now when we think about the meal we don't think negative or ranty thoughts. We feel content that we took the steps appropriate.

Tomorrow is going to be very challenging - Jeanne and I fly back home from DC. Air travel can be a challenge to peace and calm. We will see how it goes! Smoothly, I hope!

Low Carb Forum
Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.