Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Shark
Shark
S
"My mom said it would be no use to bring her to the vet"

Well it's good to know that your family doesn't really care about pets.

"Its ok. She was like only 3-4 months old."

And it's also good to know that it's ok if they die, as long as they are still young.

"Ok i couldn't get her into the travelling cage to bring her to the vet."

You couldn't get a bird the size of your fist (who was injured) into a cage...We will call this pathetic excuse #1

"Don't tell me wat to do because at the moment i have 2 budgies on quarateen 1 quaker 3 finches 2 african greys a dog and 7 fish in rescue "

Well I hope none of them ever get sick...since that's pretty much a death sentence

"7 have already been put down after neglect and torture"

At your house i'm guessing.

"avian vet is out on a house call for the next 4 days"

And we will call this pathetic excuse #2.

"Maybe we don't have the money ever thought about that"

If you don't have the money to care for a pet...why would you get it? Obviously you don't love it or else you wouldn't get something you can't afford to care for. You would be better off with 1 pet, than 15 that you can't take care of.

The point is, a lot of people here truly love their animals. And coming on here asking for help, and then basically just letting us know that you let your pet suffer and die in pain, is horrifying. If I wanted to know about stupid people torturing other lifeforms I would watch the news. If you want help sometime come back, but next time don't bring excuses on why you were too lazy to help your pet.

Skeeter

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the advice. I keep all birds in a bird safe room. It is warm and I am trying to find a new avian vet as my rescued quaker needs a new thing of antibiotics in a few weeks. I am aware of toxins to birds and no i do not have a first aid kit for birds at the moment as the 2 african greys needed them in the first few weeks they were here. I am aware of needs and the diet needed for birds and yes i do quaranteen birds in a non stressful enviroment.

[imageBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
C
OP Offline
C
The finches, fish, budgies and quaker have all found great homes. Best part obout this is that 1.The birds have gone to a home that they will not fight for attention for and 2.They have now gauantees on them for the next year with the new avian vet i have found. The parrots will stay with me for the rest of their days as currently they are about 20 years old and will be in recovery for the next year or so as one of them has no feathers on her wings and the other female needs to gain some weight as she was left out for around 3 days on my doorstep. Thankfully she had enough food and water to last. Anyways they are doing great and i hope no one else will acuse me of not looking after this bird.

[imageBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Good for you Cherish, you'll feel less stressed about it and they will be better spread out to get individual attention.

One note about the parrot with no feathers on her wings (I think you said they were African Grays). I don't know how long she has been a plucker, but sometimes the feathers won't grow back.

The one we had rescued never grew any feathers back around her body. Sometimes they ruin the folicals. The family that had kept this bird in a basement were also smokers so that might have contributed. She went crazy when her friend a parakete that kept her company died. Since she was so loud (for attention) they finally decided to get rid of her and I friend I had who worked for a shelter called me.

Since she has a propensity to stress, either find a home where her and her companion can be together without other pets or if you are going to keep just those two birds, don't take in any more. I forget the length of life on a Grey, but it is a long time.

I have to hand it to you, that was a very nice thing to do to get a vet to work with you.

Good luck with the greys.

Last edited by Violette - Daughters; 04/06/08 01:07 AM.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
C
OP Offline
C
Well Coco the plucker only started about a month before i got her. Well thats what the previous owners said. She is just starting to get tiny tiny feathers appearing so hopefully she willbe better before i bring her to the vet instead of him coming to us. Lexi the skinny one has now been put in quaranteen as she is starting to gain weight but is stealing all the food even though i have like 4 bowls of food for them. So she is in a sepearate cage with her own foos and Coco can have hers. We have a rescued dog is in the vet right now as she had to have surgery. So every one is doing good.

M
Koala
Koala
M
This is sounding promising now. smile

Although most of us would love to be able to help every animal, we have to know our own limits as to how much we can do. I'm glad you found good homes for most of them, so you can concentrate on the ones that need you the most. Hopefully the Grey's previous owner told you the truth about the plucking and now that life is more peaceful, she will grow her feathers back. smile

Mavis
Mavis #403480 04/06/08 06:25 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Yes now that both grey's are on a scheduale they seem much more relaxed. The rescues that have found new homes still come to me for when their owners are out and they seem relaxed alot to now that most of them are the only bird. The people that had Coco were animal abusers and that is also where I got lucky from. They had him outside night and day only getting food and water once a day. I saved him myself when they were out. He is doing better and hopefully does well recovering from sergury.

M
M
I don't know why you even came on this forum if you know so much about birds. Your budgie should have been seen by a vet. If your foot got hurt I am sure you would go to the doctor, and not pass away from that.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.