logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Gecko
Gecko
That swollen foot might have been an infection which could have been easily treated by the vet with medicine. She wound up living all that time with the foot injury in massive pain, but it was inconvenient to try to get her to a vet, and you've made excuses why it wouldn't have worked. The thing is, you just won't know if she would have made it with a vet's help, if you actually tried getting her there. My advice? Don't ever buy another pet, because they DO get injured, and you'll probably make excuses as to why you shouldn't get them help.

Sound cold of me? I think it was far colder to let that animal suffer all that time.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
OP Offline
C
OK look. I had her for about 6 days and i only noticed it like the 4th day so don't tell me not to get another pet because it was my moms decision. I wanted to get her to a vett i seriously did but my mom said that she wouldn't waste money on a pet and i told her it wasn't wasting any money it would save her. And in my opinion i can do wat ever i want because i saved about 7 birds already. So Some of them can't all be treated and some can. MAybe we don't have the money ever thought about that and trust me if you knew me which none of you do then you would know that i would do anything to save or help and animal.

[imageBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Gecko
Gecko
Then wait to get a pet when you live on your own, since your mom obviously doesn't share your views.

C
OP Offline
C
Don't tell me wat to do because at the moment i have 2 budgies on quarateen 1 quaker 3 finches 2 african greys a dog and 7 fish in rescue

[imageBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Gecko
Gecko
Hey, that you're getting all defensive only shows that you KNOW something is wrong. Sure, you may be helping some of those animals, but if you went to an animal shelter that said "Hey, we rescue these animals, and as long as they're healthy they're fine, but if they get sick/hurt then we just let them suffer until they die." Anyone would think that is not o.k., and they'd be shut down pronto. An animal would be better off being put to sleep than suffering through agony. If you can't provide them either medical care of a quick end, then you shouldn't care for them. If my cat were gravely hurt, I'd bring him to a vet, even if I'm short of money. You can ALWAYS find a way, even if it's an uncomfortable way.

C
OP Offline
C
Ok look. We do our best to save these animals. 7 have already been put down after neglect and torture so if you do not know how much we try and help then don't speak

Gecko
Gecko
I think YOU need to look. You post here about a bird that was wounded while in your care, that wound up with an inflamed appendage and that you didn't relieve it's pain by either taking it to a vet, or having it put down so it winds up dying a slow painful death. YOU have to take responsibility for that bird, it WAS in your care and you did NOT tend for it appropriately. You can't get ticked off with me for telling you the truth about this situation. Have you saved other birds? I don't know. What I DO know is what happened to THIS bird.

S
Shark
Shark
S
If your family is so big on rescuing animals...then why not helping them when they are in pain? What's the point of trying to help animals if, in the long run, you won't help them when they need it most? Sounds like you really enjoy having pets (and may even love them) but don't really care about their health...Selfish really.

C
OP Offline
C
i wasn't selfish and we only noticed it about 2 days before she died and the avian vet is out on a house call for the next 4 days so i cant really fnd one around us

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Cherish,

I don't know how old you are, but the way you posted here sounds as if you need to remember that you were looking for advice and that you have a lot to learn about caring for animals if it is your intent to rescue them. Please read further as this is not an attack.

If you are going to help birds (or other animals) then you better read all the books you can on pet care. Birds in particular as they are an exotic pet and when they show signs of illness they need immediate attention because their health can decline rapidly.

I fully understand not being able to get to a vet soon enough but there are still things you can do to care for birds in various situations.

Have you personally ever been to an avian vet and are you aware of a birds dietary and health needs? Are you aware of toxins that are harmful to your birds? Do you own a heat lamp? Do you have a first aid kit specifically for birds? Do you know how to properly clip a birds wings, nails and beak if necessary? Can you pull out a broken blood feather so a bird does not bleed to death? Do you know how to quaranteen a sick bird so they are free from stress?

Get a subscription to Bird Talk if you don't have one already, read all you can, find bird shows to go to or mail order to get the proper equipment. There are many great books and this forum for advice. We would be doing you a disservice to just say "sorry your bird died".

Learn learn learn. I have been rescuing birds for about 15 years...on temporary hiatus to raise kids so I just have our two conures right now. They are not like cats and dogs and need to be treated as such. Whether they are a $13 parakeet, a free bird from a shelter, or a $400 - $1000 or so parrot, they deserve the same care.

I can't tell you how many of the birds I rescued were actually rescued from well-meaning people like yourself. They thought they could care for a pet bird that they found lost and tried to keep it. One bird I still have has no feathers all over her body because they kept her in a basement with another parakete because she was a loud conure and disruptive to someone in the house who was a student. This bird was literally driven to mutalate itself so that no feathers grow on her body.

I wish you the best in your endeavor. If you are not able to care for the pets financially or take the time to learn how to care for them properly than you should do the honorable thing and give them to families that can until you are able to afford it after learning all there is to learn.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.