Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#396182 03/20/08 09:43 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Aghh! My budgie that i got a few days ago is already used to my hand. She climbs on every once in a while. But when i put her on the bed in my moms room she gets scared and today she flew right into the wall and the window. She seemed fine.Also a couple of days ago I noticed her main toe is missing and her foot is SWOLLEN. She can't close her claw fully so she can only hold on with one foot. I on't know what to do. She lets me rub it and put some clove oil on there so she won't bite it but im afraid that she si going to have problems later. She is under a 15 day warranty so i was wondering if i should go back to the store and get a new one. Thanks. I will post a picture later. Thanks again

[imageBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Koala
Koala
M
This is always a tough decision. Its great to start out with a healthy bird, so returning it to the store seems like the obvious solution. BUT, the store will probably decide not to spend any money getting the little guy healthy and may just have him put to sleep.

Of course, if you keep him, you will have to pay some vet bills yourself as it sounds like he he should be seen by an avian vet.

Please remember to cover windows in a room when letting your bird fly until he has mastered landing properly. There isn't much you can do about the walls, but windows should be covered.

Mavis
Mavis #396606 03/21/08 09:39 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Well. She is stepping up with the injured foot and seems to be adapting to her surroundings. She is in my room and she is very quite unless she wants something. She has her wings clipped and she keeps on running or flying into walls. She only does it if something happened around her or something scares her. My mom said it would be no use to bring her to the vet and she likes me ALOT and I love her. I just could not let her go. She screams once i leave the room but then she calms down.

[imageBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
C
OP Offline
C
She lived a short life. She suddenly died last night at 9:17 pm. R.I.P Cherish

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Sorry to hear that. ;o(

Rosie L
C
OP Offline
C
thanks

M
Koala
Koala
M
I'm so sorry!

Mavis
Mavis #400145 03/28/08 10:48 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Its ok. She was like only 3-4 months old. She was so weak

M
Koala
Koala
M
Originally Posted By: CherishBudgieBaby
Its ok. She was like only 3-4 months old. She was so weak

This is where I disagree with you. It wasn't OK. She was just a baby and didn't have a chance at life.

A sick bird should be taken to an avian veterinarian!

Since we don't know what was wrong with her, we don't know if she might have been saved, but there is a good chance she would still be alive if she had been given that chance.

Mavis
Mavis #400475 03/29/08 08:31 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Ok i couldn't get her into the travelling cage to bring her to the vet. Im not even sure if she was even that young. And she was to weak to possibly bring to the vet as we have to go on a dirt road to get there which ia about 30 mins away. And no she would not have been able to live if she had gotten that chance as it was mostly her foot was swelling and would have caused problems in a few weeks and would not have lived past 6 months. Atleast people here understand wat she went through and im sorta glad that she past because having 3 toes on one foot and a permant swollen foot everyday would have caused her to be in alot of pain and atleast you didn;t have to see her everyday wake up and have to wobble and stay on the bottom of her cage to relax and soothe her foot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.