Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#395376 03/19/08 12:10 PM
S
Soren Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Does anyone here have Leisure arts booklet Crochet Country Kitchen? I'm trying to make the lamb and can't figure out how to attach the towel to the lamb!!
Thanks for any help!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Soren #395581 03/19/08 05:45 PM
J
J
I cannot find the pattern. If you can find a link or explain the bit that doesn't make sense I might be able to help.

Or try crochetville.com

Juniper #395679 03/19/08 10:11 PM
S
Soren Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Here are the instructions. Thanks

LAMB

Worsted Weight yarn, approx: 3.5 oz (100 gr) Black,
2 oz (60 gr) White and 1 yd Red.
For other materials, see pg. 1.

TOWEL HOLDER
FACE Row 1; With 2 strands of Black and H hook, ch 19, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch acroSS;""ch 1, turn;
.i \ \ 18 sc.
Row 2: Dee over first 2 sc, sc in each sc across to last 2 sc,
r\ I. (fee over last 2 sc; ch 1, turn; 16 sc.
Row 3: Sc in each sc across; ch 1, turn.
Rows 4-15: Repeat Rows 2 and 3 six times more: 4 sc.
\4 ... Row 16: Inc in first sc, sc in each sc across to last SC, inc in
r I last sc; ch 1, turn: 6 sc.
)' ". {) \ Row 17: Sc in each sc across; ch 1, turn.
" I tRows 18-29: Repeat Rows 16 and 17 six times more; finish
off: 18 sc.
'I ' Face Finishing: Fold Face at narrow area and sew sides
",. together leaving top open. With 1 strand of Red and using
'II Cover Photo as a guide for placement, work Straight Stitch
'-I q fRg. 4, pg. 2} for mouth and attach " dia black buttons for
r eyes and nose. (Note: If desired, stuff lightly with polyester
,]" fiberfill.)

8 " WOOLLY TOP Row 1: With 2 strands of White and
,:; embroidered side facing, join yarn in first st at right edge of
? yFace through top edges of both pieces, ch 1, sc in same st
0 '- y as joining and in e8ch st across; ch 1, turn: 18 sc.
'<� ;: Row 2: Work 2" Loop Stitch (Rgs. 7a - 7c, pg. 7) in each
( " \) sc across; ch 1, turn.
') Row 3; Dec two sc over first 4 Lp Sts, sc in each Lp St
< ' (' jlcross to last 4 Lp S15, dec two sc over last 4 Lp Sts; Ch 1,
turn: 14 sc.

JRow 4: Work Lp St in each sc across; ch 1, turn.
Row 5; Dec one sc over first 2 Lp Sts, sc in each Lp St across to last 2. Lp Sts, dec one sc over last 2 Lp Sts; ch 1, turn: 12 sc.
Row 6: Work Lp St in each sc across; ch 1, turn.
Row 7: Repeat Row 5: 10 sc.
Row 8: Work Lp St in each sc across; ch 1, turn.
Row 9: Repeat Row 3: 6sc.
Row 10: Work Lp St in each sc across; ch 1, turn.
Row 11: * Dec one sc over next 2 Lp Sts; rep from * across; ch 1, turn; 3 sc.
Row 12: Work Lp St in each sc across; finish off.
EAR (Make 4); With 2 strands of Black, ch 8, slip st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, hdc in next Ch, dc in next 2chs, hdc in next ch, 3 sc in last ch; working in free loops of beginning chain, Mc in next ch, dc in next 2 chs, hdc in next ch, sc in next ch, slip st in last ch; finish off.
Ear Finishing: With 1 strand of White, work Outline Stitch (Rg. 4, pg. 2) along center of two Ear pieces. With wrong sides together, sew one embroidered Ear to one plain Ear. (Note: If desired, stuff lightly with polyester fiberfiU before closing seam.) Repeat for remaining pair of Ear pieces. Using Cover Photo as a guide for placement, sew Ears to Face. FINISHING: With White, work Basic Towel Ring and Basic Tie, pg. 1. Tie a 12" piece of $"w satin ribbon in a bow and trim ends; using Cover Photo as a guide for placement, tack bow to Woolly Top.

POTHOlDER
FACE Row 1: With 2 strands of Black and H hook, ch 21, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; ch 1, turn: 20 sc.

Rows 2-17: Work Rows 2 and 3 of Towel Holder Face eight times: 4 sc.
Rows 18-33: Work Rows 16 and 17 of Towel Holder Face eight times; finish. off; 20 sc.
Face Finishing: Work same as for Towel Holder. WOOLLY TOP Rows 1-12: Work same as Towel Holder
Woolly Top, beginning with 20 sc and ending With 4 Lp S15.
EAR (Make 4): With 2 strands of Black, ch 9, slip st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 2 chs, hdc in' next ch, de in next 2 chs, hdc in next ch, 3 sc in last ch; .working in free loops of beginning chain, hdc in next ch, dc in next 2 chs, Mc in next ch, sc in next 2 chs,"slipst in last ch; finish off. Esr Finishing; Work same as fo Towel Holder. FINISHING: With White; work Basic Hanger, pg. 1. Attach bow same as for Towel Holder.

MAGNET
(Note: Face is worked upside down.)
FACE (Make 2) Row 1: With 1 strand of Black and F hook, ch9, sc in 2nd ch from hook and'in each ch across; ch 1, turn: 8 sc.
Row;l: Dec over first 2 SC, sc in each sc across to last 2 sc, dec over last 2 sc; ch 1, turn: 6 sc.
Row 3; Sc in each sc across; ch 1, turn.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2: 4 sc.
Row 5; Sc in each sc acroSs; ch 1, turn.
Row 6: Sc in next sc, dec over next 2 SC, sc in last sc;
ch 1, turn: 3 sc. . ,
Row 7: Sc in each sc across; finish off.
Face Finishing: With 1 strand of Red and using Cover Photo as a guide for placement, work Straight Stitch
{Rg. 4. pg. 2} on one Face piece for mouth and attach
%" dia black buttons for eyes and nose.
WOOLLY TOP Row 1: With wrong sides of Face pieces together and embroidered side facing, join 1 strand of White in first st at right edge of Face through top edges of both pieces, ch 1, sc in same st as joining and in each st across; ch 1, turn; 8 sc.
Row 2: Work 1" loop Stitch (Rgs. 7a - 7c, pg. 1) in each sc across; ch 1, turn.
Row 3: Dee one sc over first 2 Lp Sts, sc in each Lp St across to last 2 Lp Sts, dec one sc over last 2 Lp Sts; ch 1, turn: 6 sc.
Row 4: Work'Lp St in each sc across; ch 1, turn.
Row 5: * Dee one sc over next 2 Lp Sts; rap from * across; ch 1. turn: 3 sc.
Row 6: Work Lp St in each sc across; finish off.
EAR (Make 2): With 1 strand of Black, ch 6, slip st in
2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, hdc in next 2 chs, sc in last ch, slip st in same ch; finish off leaving a 12" length for sewing.
Ear Finishing: With 1 strand of White, work Outline Stitch (Rg. 4, pg. 2J along center of each Ear.
FINISHING: Insert both handles of clothespin and a small amount of polyester fiberfill between Face pieces. Sew sides of Face pieces together, fitting bottom tightly around clothespin. With 12" length and using Cover Photo as a guide for placement, sew Ears to Face. Tie a 12" piece of %"w satin ribbon in a bow around clothespin below Face; trim ends. With matching color thread, tack ribbon to bottom of Face. Glue a Magnetic Strip to back of pieee.

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS

GAUGE
Instructions are written for Worsted Weight yarn. Gauge doesn't really matter that much; your finished pieces can be a little larger or smaller without changing the overall effect.

\ABBREVIATIONS
chIs) chain/sl mm millimeters
de double crochetls) oz ounce!s)
dec decrease rnd/5) roundls)
gr gramls) rep repeat
hdc half double crochetls) sc single crochet/sl
inc increase st(s) stitch/es)
Lp Sds) Loop Stitch/es) YO yarn over
* - work instructions following * as many more times as indicated in addition to the first time.
( ) . work enclosed instructions as manytirnes as specified by the number immediately following OR work aU enclosed il)structions in the stitch or space indicated OR contains explanatory remarks.

JOINING
Unless otherwise instructed, always join with a slip stitch and work fi.r:s t! . titch as joining.
- �

INCREASES
Increases are made by working two stitches of the established stitch in the same space or into the same stitch, making two stitches over one of the previous row.

DECREASES
Decreases are made by working the established stitch to within one step of completion, working the next stitch to the same point, then completing the laS1 step of both stitches at the same time, making one stitch over two of the previous row.

CHANGING COLORS
Work the last stitch with old color until 2 loops remain on hook, then YO with new color and complete the stitch; cut off old color and secure.

FINISHING
Good finishing techniques make a big difference in the quality of the piece Make a habit of taking care of loose ends as you work. To keep loose ends from showing, always weave them back through several stitches or work over them. When ends are secure, clip them off close to work.

MATERIALS
Worsted Weight yarn: Refer to each set for colors and
amounts
Aluminum crochet hooks, sizes F (4.00 mm), G 14.50 mm),
H (5.00 mm) and I (5.50 mm)
Yarn needle
Plastic ring from six-pack of 12-ounce canned drinks Kitchen towel
Magnetic Strip
Lamb set only: 1 yd of '\ HW blue satin ribbon, blue thread, six tr H dia black buttons, three ii H dia black buttons, spring clothespin and polyester fiberfill
Mammy $$t only: Six gold-tone jump rings Itour 1" dia and
two r dial, spring clothespin and polyester fiberfill

--- . , �-"'" At> "1"1"1U:

.I
BASIC HANGER
With 2 strands of specified color and G .hook, join yam at top center of Potholder, ch 10, slip stin same st as joining; finish off.

BASIC TIE
With 1 strand of specified color and G hook, ch 45; finish off. Thread chain through top center of Towel Holder. Knot each end of chain. Tie ends to cabinet door knob or drawer pull.

BASIC TOWEL RING
Cut a ring from the plastic holder on a six-pack of 12-ounce
. cahrled drinks. With 1 strand of specified oolor and G hook, slip st around ring, ch 1, sc around ring until ring is covered; join, finish oft. On wrong side of Towel Holder, securely sew top of ring to top center of T owe! Holder for 1 %". Hang towel through ring.

lOOP STITCH
(Note: For projects in this leaflet, work Loop Stitch with
2 strands of yarn unless otherwise instructed.) With wrong side facing, insert hook in first stitch, wrap yarn around index finger of left hand once more (Fig. fa/, insert hook through both loops on finger follpwing direction indicated by arrow, being careful to hook both threads (Fig. fbI, draw thr,puyh stitch, remove finger from loop, YO and draw through all 3 loops on hook (Lp Sf mede, Fig. 1c/. This technique will produce a 1" loop; for a 2" loop, wrap yam around 2 fingers.
Fig.1a

Fig.1b

Fig.1c

1Printed in U.S.A. j..

Soren #397870 03/24/08 08:49 PM
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
It says when you have made the ring and crocheted around it, to securely sew the top of the towel holder for 1 inch. So I would think thats what they mean for you to do to attach the towel part. It doesn't say how to attach the lamb but I would think if you look somewhere on the booklet you might find a contact address or email for the designer of the pattern. Contact her and ask ,as often thats the only way to get any help. I would look at the picture myself and see if I could work it out, but without it thats what I would do.Goodluck

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.