logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I am finishing up my BS in Technical Management at DeVry University and I take about 80% of my courses online. I absolutely love it because I don't have the time to commute to classes everyday and I can work at my own pace on my own time. I tend to work a lot faster than most of fellow classmates which can make it more than difficult to sit through a class. Online can be just as challenging but I can work it around my time. I have been happy with it. I am dreading next Spring when I start courses at Argosy Univesity to work toward my Masters in Clinical Psychology. There is no online option for classes. I am hoping that my love for the subject matter will help me push through. Anybody know of any colleges that offer an online clinical psychology Masters degree?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
Does anyone know about NCU's Bachelor Degree Completion program

Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm curious about how many people have gotten good jobs with their on-line degree.

I have taken some grad courses on-line and I liked them, and it was HARDER than traditional school to me, but I got a lot of flack from others who finally convinced me that if I finished my degree would be worthless.

Do you think some degrees on-line are better and more useful than others?

I was in a family counseling program, but I got afraid it would not be accepted and dropped out. I could not get straight answers from anyone including those in charge of such things in my state who would only refer me to their "rules" which told me nothing really.

I am in the process of studying to get a better score on my GRE so that I can get into Auburn's on-line grad school, which I think will be more acceptable even if it's not better. I think on-line schools should be VERY accepted because I think they're actually harder and how did school begin? It used to be by correspondence we did not have easy modes of travel in the "old" days.

Any way what do you think?

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I received my Masters in Information Systems online but to be truthful I can't tell you if it would help get a better job. I was employed when I received the degree, was later laid off and decided to work for myself.

I found getting my degree online was great because it was flexible compared to having to go to classes. It was still challenging and in some ways more difficult as it entailed a lot of self-discipline.

The school I attended online is also a "brick-and-mortar" school so that any potential employers actually would have no idea that I received my degree online - only if I tell them.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Allison,

I suspect since your school is also a land based traditional school it will be very accepted. I have also found another on-line land based school besides Auburn. The University of North Alabama offers an on-line masters program as well as Troy University.

I honestly think right now that is the route to take until it's more common to get an on-line degree.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Koala
Koala
I just finished an online graduate course through the University of the Incarnate Word (www.uiw.edu)--its a traditional brick and mortar institution. I hadn't taken an online course in several years; and frankly took this one for the heck of it. Not as much work, on the one hand, as a traditional graduate class; but, on the other hand, it required a lot of action on my part.

B
Koala
Koala
B
I am a high school graduate (1978) and only took some college courses here and there over the years. Can I get a degree online? Anyone recommend something?

I need to fall back on something since my kids get SSI and I am a home health care worker. There are autism classes that give credits and I would like to take some, but can I stock pile the credits?

I am also interested in the courses that Dr. Stanley Greenspan will be doing

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
B
Koala
Koala
B
Actually my almost 13 year old does the California Virtual Academy with K12.com and some call it distance learning, others a charter school and others say it is homeschooling.

AUTISM site
B
Koala
Koala
B
I remember a website where you can input your work experience and find out how many credits or something along those lines? I will try a google search but wanted to ask here too.

AUTISM site
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.