logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
I am on my last block of classes at Western International University. February, I will receive my AAS in accounting. I love it! It gives me the freedom to do my school work in between my busy schedule and not have to leave my home. I went to a walk-in college. I think by far online courses are harder because it challenges the students one on one with their acedemics.

Stacy

Stacy
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I am currently taking online classes through DeVry University. I have almost completed my 1st 8-week block of classes. I love it. It is a challenge. There was some adjustment, since it has been quite a while since I have been in an acedemic environment. It takes a lot of effort on my part, but you can't beat the convenience.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I took a travel writing course on line and it worked out great. If you aren't doing the courses for credit you kind of have to force yourself to do all the assignments and make sure you enter into discussions to get the most out of it.

My daughter is taking 2 of her classes in college online this semester, which is saving her lots of time. the instructors do require a lot tho, just so students know that an online class isn't going to be super easy.

A
A
Good job, keep on posting. I've learned a lot through online courses and want to share a few with you.education online,link exchange and education link exchange.

I have just finished a bachelors degree in liberal studies on line at the accredited Thomas Edison State College . I absolutely loved it. The college is totally geared toward adult learners. There is a lot of leeway and rarely do you run across an anal instructor. If I could do it over, I would have done it the same way. Ciao!

I am looking into this also.I want to earn a couple of degrees at home.Since I homeschool my children and I would like to further my education also.I want to get a degree for a paralegal and a veternarian tech.But whats stopping me or making me leary is are these online schools certificates/degrees going to be able to work as far as.When I tell an employer I have a degree from so and so online college.He's not gonna look at me and say that's not worth the paper its wrote on.Does anyone else have this concern??I looked into Thomas Edison State college BTW.

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
My son is taking high school courses online- from keystonehighschool.com and missouri university. I think it teaches him valuable skills that will be needed to survive in college- he has to do a lot of reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I received a certificate in medical transcription from Everett Community College in Washington. I took the courses completely online. They use the Career Step course materials. I chose to go through Everett instead of directly through Career Step (online also) because Everett is accredited and I could apply for a Pell Grant.

I was very happy with the education I received and had a job working at home before I graduated. Before I attended Everett, I took some classes at a local community college but knew that I wasn't learning what I needed to in order to work at home, so I changed schools.

I'm still considering taking more online courses, possibly from Baker College online or another. I'm interested in programming and/or web design, but I want to do more research as to what employers think of online degrees in these fields.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Congrats on your Certificate, Trish.

Certificate programs are a great way to take advantage of online and distance learning. I started working toward a Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning from CSU East Bay. Once I received my certificate, I decided to go on to work toward their MS Ed. in Online Teaching and Learning, which I just finished a few weeks ago.

Gregory

Gregory A. Kompes
Hiking & Backpacking Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello Gregory,

Congratulations on your MS. That's wonderful. I agree with you about the certificates. They are a good way to add to your skill set and distance learning makes it so much easier to achieve this for many people.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.