logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm most at home in a tanktop, jeans, and Birkenstocks.
Trish, your wardrobe sounds like mine!

My hairdryer was commandeered by DH and serves as a paint dryer, but I never used it anyway.
Exactly my hair dryer's situation, except that it was me using it to dry paint. The only time it was ever used to dry hair was when I loaned it to a guy friend a few years back. The only reason I even own a hair dryer is because my mother bought it for me years ago during one of her "equip her right and she'll turn into a real girl" phases. I acquired some make up, nail polish, a nail grooming kit full of parts I didn't understand, and a couple of dresses during that phase as well. The hair dryer is the only thing I still have.

I hate it when they bring their wives/girlfriends over, because we never have anything in common but DH expects me to develop some sort of friendship with them. Ick.

I've been there. It's so incredibly awkward. But my fiance understands me pretty well, and will do what he can to keep me from getting dumped with the chick. His friends tend to be the ones who are so sure I'll bond with the GF of the moment. It gets more complicated when the guy is MY friend, not OUR friend or just my fiance's. My only interest in the GF is finding out if she's a complete POS who's likely to hurt my friend. Beyond "vetting" her, I have no interest. I'll decide it's worth getting to know her if the relationship looks like it's going to go long term. Until then, I want her to go away so I can hang out with my buddy.

The GF always seems to pick up on my reluctance to hang out with her and interpret it as me being "after" her guy. Jealous comments and glares ensue. I'm pretty twisted, though, and always get a laugh out of it when she leaves.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Pikasam #382492 02/27/08 05:31 PM
L
lua Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
When I was in college, I had a lot of male friends. Since I divorced, I have more female friends. I don't hang out with girly-girl types. Most of my female friends have a lot of guy friends, as well. My bf has a lot of female friends, but they are not the type I would be friends with. His male friends are redneck, sexist pigs. I don't dislike his friends, but at the same time, I have no interest in being friends with them. I have my own network of friends and he has his own. At work, I am friends with a male and two females. My field is female dominated. My other coworkers, I am friendly to them, but I don't consider them friends.

M.B. #382607 02/27/08 08:03 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: myrabeth
The only reason I even own a hair dryer is because my mother bought it for me years ago during one of her "equip her right and she'll turn into a real girl" phases. I acquired some make up, nail polish, a nail grooming kit full of parts I didn't understand, and a couple of dresses during that phase as well. The hair dryer is the only thing I still have.
Ha ha! That's why I had one, too! I do wear makeup, but I used to be a theatre makeup artist, so I've played around with that stuff a lot. I have other strange girly bathroom things that I don't understand, but for some reason I hold on to them.

Originally Posted By: myrabeth
The GF always seems to pick up on my reluctance to hang out with her and interpret it as me being "after" her guy. Jealous comments and glares ensue.
Totally. I am not interested in anybody else's husband/boyfriend... that way. I'm much more interested in what the guys have to say, though.

I deal with mostly females at work, and it's drama, drama, drama. I'm a diplomatic happy person, though, so I'm the one cracking jokes to ease tension, doing stupid dances to cheer people up, etc. It's so relaxing to come home and hang out with the guys. I have one really good female friend that I actually see regularly. She's 10 years older, has a teenager but thinks it's great that I'm CF, and is slightly girly but in a fun, nonjudgmental way. She's great, but most other females just seem so COMPLICATED.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Not the ones here, of course. I have a feeling that if we do ever have a CF conference, this is one group of women I'd actually get along with.

Gecko
Gecko
Haha, I have a hair dryer too, but I use it to "cure" leather masks! wink

Parakeet
Parakeet
DW has a hairdryer too -- used to seal shrinkwrap on DVDs smile

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
My DH is totally amused that this thread has turned into a conversation about our uses for hairdryers! I said he sparked a new discussion for us. His response? "Well, I gotta be good at something."

He calls all of you my invisible friends...

Gecko
Gecko
Hee. ^_^

L
Koala
Koala
L
Better invisible than imaginary ...

Parakeet
Parakeet
I post, therefore I am. smile

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.