logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
...is for sale, and the idea of that freaks me out. The people who lived there before were loud and dirty. Their dog left me presents in my yard and growled at me if I told it to leave. Their teenager had a super-noisy car and had huge parties when his parents were out of town. AND the woman was a grandmother, and since their yard was so gross, her grandchildren would wander across the street and play in our yard - at 6 in the morning.

It's a four-bedroom and needs a TON of work, but is selling for less than $70,000 and we're close to Seattle. DH and I suspect that a family with a bunch of kids will move in.

I'm sure that some families would be clean and quiet, and might not even have little kids, but we've had horrible luck and I just wanted to see if anyone on our CF forum was interested. It's a cute, quiet neighborhood.

Anyone? Please? I really don't want to put a tall fence around my front yard.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Hope someone nice moves in..someone who will fix up the house and respect your property as well.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
L
Koala
Koala
L
Oh, man, I would be there in a heartbeat if I could!

Parakeet
Parakeet
If you're lucky, you'll get a couple. Maybe a pair of DIY crazed retirees who buy it as a combo of home and hobby. That would be nice. The only noise would occasional muffled power tool sounds (during daylight hours) and you'd only see them when they passed by for their evening walk. Hey, if we're going to dream of the perfect replacement neighbors, let's dream big!

If you get more of the same type of neighbors you had before, you might want to consider selling. I'm sure the disastrous looking house and yard they left has done no favors to your property value. If that house runs down further, it could really hurt you financially.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
R
R
[quote=Trisharoni DH and I suspect that a family with a bunch of kids will move in.

[/quote]

Why? Because you live in a rundown, cheap neighborhood? That makes no sense to me.

L
Koala
Koala
L
FART

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
ingilbert: i was trying to figure out an eloquent response to the last post. i racked my brain, but never could i have so perfectly articulated my feelings. bravo!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. -Mother Teresa
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Wow, Robotrix, I feel very lucky that I do not have your rude, negative, combative attitude. What on earth are you still doing here? Do you find the atmosphere welcoming to your type of rudeness?

My neighborhood is nice... not that you'd actually ask to find out before you assume that I live in a slum like yours. I live two blocks from the police station and most houses in this neighborhood go for over $200K.

By the way, don't bother responding, because I won't be able to see it. Go back to your child who obviously has a charming, wonderful parent who spends a lot of time online... away from them.

Gecko
Gecko
Trish, the house across from us was like that - a guy bought it cheap to flip it, did really nice work, and sold it to a nice newlywed couple. Same with one two doors down - an architect/wife (no kids) bought it and fixed it up, they have the best back yard on the street.

Maybe you'll have the same good luck with your new neighbors that we've had with ours!

K
Shark
Shark
K
Good luck with getting good new neighbors! It's always nervewracking when you don't know who's moving in. Maybe a CF couple will buy the place!

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.