Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#360252 12/17/07 02:17 AM
H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H

Why do we not have the festive spirit all through the year?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
haridas #360261 12/17/07 02:37 AM
H
Koala
Koala
H
smile

"for every season, turn turn turn, there is a reason, turn turn turn"

The fact that we DON'T have holidays all the time helps to make it special.

H
Koala
Koala
H
Yesterday when i was trying to find a certain Christmas joke i came across this cartoon and i laughed and laughed, but

WARNING... do not look at this if you are offended by sexual jokes:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

haridas #360269 12/17/07 04:28 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: haridas

Why do we not have the festive spirit all through the year?

I think what Haridas means is - why don't we engender peace, goodwill and Love towards our fellow being the other 364 days of the year? Why should we just want peace on earth for this one time? Why don't we make the effort to do this all the time?

Good point, why don't we?

Good gags, Holly.... You naughty thing you! Are you trying to tell us something about yourself??

H
Koala
Koala
H
I haven't even read all the jokes at that link, Alexandra... i was googling for the details of the joke that knitter told me about St. Peter... that i posted earlier this week, but when i saw that cartoon at the top.... I don't think i've laughed that much in months!!!! laugh laugh laugh

Yes, i agree we could be nice to each other throughout the year. Always at Thanksgiving i can't help but think of the food banks. So many people give food to food banks at Thanksgiving, or they volunteer at Christmas, or give to charity at the end of the year so they can get their tax write-off. But what are we thinking?????!!! Is that really because we are thinking of the poor, or are we thinking more of ourselves? People need to eat, have clothes and shelter 365 days a year. Every year food banks get plenty of food gifts and volunteers around holidays, so much that some of it spoils, and yet at other times of the year they need volunteers and donations. If we're going to volunteer or give only one day a year... then let's do it around our birthdays, and that way between us we cover the year. Or lets give on a monthly basis when we pay our utility bill, or something like that.

Wolf
Wolf
Haridas,

We do not maintain the festive spirit all the year because during the festivals most of us our real struggles.
We live in a dream world during the festivals. At least I do.
After the festival is over, the daily grind brings us back to reality with bang.

Haridas,
This was Alexandra's response to your post-

I think what Haridas means is - why don't we engender peace, goodwill and Love towards our fellow being the other 364 days of the year? Why should we just want peace on earth for this one time? Why don't we make the effort to do this all the time?

Good point, why don't we?

Good gags, Holly.... You naughty thing you! Are you trying to tell us something about yourself??

The answer will make clear to you that she is looking for a fight and not answering in the spirit you are asking. All my good friends here on the forum are ignoring her. Pl. continue with ignoring her. My honest advice to you.

If she continues with nasty posts, leave the forum. No use having a bad day.

Zebra
Zebra
Haridas obvious desire to seek and engender goodwill is a commendable one. I completely agree and concur with his enquiry. I answered his post and then holly's.

I'm sorry, but how is that looking for a fight' and writing 'nasty posts'?

It's Christmas, CDM. I would love you to lay aside your obvious dislike of me, just for once, and engage in the spirit of the moment. Wouldn't that be nicer and kinder than continuing to bear a gudge over something best forgotten, whatever it was?

Don't make your heart so heavy and unhappy with the hostility you feel.
Holly is kindly speaking with me, and engaging in discussion, and I am warmed and touched by that. She is your good friend too.

Please, let us be friends, even if it's just for Christmas!!

Last edited by Alexandra; 12/19/07 02:12 AM.
H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
I am leaving the forum.

haridas #360679 12/19/07 03:42 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Promises, promises.
so you've said elsewhere, haridas.
In that case, just go, why make such a song-and-dance about it?

Look, I'm sorry, but what is it with you guys?

(And I use the term advisedly - you are after all, Men on a women's forum....)

Why on earth do you have it in for me?
Here I am, doing my level best, as anyone is, just trying to engage and contribute, be nice and loving, and repeatedly, you insult me and shun me and interpret my posts in heartless and unkind ways! You accuse me of unspeakable things, and I do not merit this, I really DO NOT!

So then, what is it?
What have I done?
Name me one thing I have ever said or done that is hateful, mean or rude.
if you're going to say such slanderious things on forum, be open and come out with it.

Because if you're going to make such accusations, you'd better have somehing concrete to back it up with.

I'm tired of this.
I don't see why I should have to put up with it either.

Last edited by Alexandra; 12/19/07 03:45 AM.
Zebra
Zebra
This is very upsetting.
I have feelings too you know.
I don't understand where this vindictiveness and spite has come from.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.