Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Koala
Koala
H
I realize you weren't asking me, but i hope you don't mind if i comment.

I don't think you would be a hypocrite, haridas. I think hypocrisy refers to a close relationship of setting a double standard.

In practical use, stating curse words has less to do with what they mean as much as they are just expletives. When used they are usually intended to shock and to express anger or to be crude (another form of shock) and are not usually using the original meaning of the word. This is why some words (hell is a good example) can be used in some contexts without being considered swearing, and not in others. When someone says, "f***," what they are expressing is not usually about sex, but rather they are communicating that they are angry or sometimes, injured. So i do not see any hypocrisy between being offended by the word and not being chaste.

I try not to swear -- not because i think the words are so terrible -- but rather for the same reason i wouldn't say, "gimme that!" or "gee, you're wearing an ugly shirt!" I try to avoid swearing in most company because some people would find it rude and feel upset by it, and i don't like to be rude. There are plenty of words with which i can express myself. If using asterisks, for instance, will get my meaning across but be less offensive to some, then i'd be glad to do it for them.

I think to be a hypocrite in this situation you'd either have to:

1) Condemn others for swearing, yet swear yourself.

2) Encourage others to say whatever they wish, yet condemn yourself when you say certain things.

Both of these cases would be holding a double standard, which is what hypocrisy, is.

From Websters:

hypocrisy - a pretending to be what one is not, or to feel what one does not feel; esp., a pretnese of virtue, piety, etc.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
"Sexual release can be had by masturbation just as well. If you're talking about biological needs... the body doesn't know the difference between orgasm alone or with someone."

I disagree with this quote from Haridas.
My body definitely knows the difference between masturbation (even those assisted by a toy) and sex with someone.

As a woman, I cannot separate my body from my mind when it comes to sex. I can get a sexual release without someone with me, but it's just that -- a release. Sometimes, even with my boyfriend, it's just a release, too, but the chance of experiencing real physical love can only surface if he's there and actively participating.

I've been between relationships before and have had casual sex, and while it can help from feeling lonely and give you sexual release, it's nothing like having sex with someone you love...well, at least for me.

Add chocolate to the mix, and you've got yourself a truly pleasurable evening (or morning...or afternoon)!

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
Elephant
Elephant
Well if you like chocolate... at our spa in January we are doing a special on body wraps. We are doing a hot chocolate body wrap... talk about invigurating and sensual and just plane ole good! lol

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
H
Koala
Koala
H
Angela and everyone, that quote is not from haridas. I said that quote. Somewhere in this thread someone accidentally copy and pasted it and statements by others into their post without using the quotation feature of the forum to attach the author's names to it, and so it's gotten a little confused.

to clarify, it was me who said the following:

"Sexual release can be had by masturbation just as well. If you're talking about biological needs... the body doesn't know the difference between orgasm alone or with someone."

H
Koala
Koala
H
Originally Posted By: Angela P
Quote:

I disagree with this quote from Haridas.
My body definitely knows the difference between masturbation (even those assisted by a toy) and sex with someone.

As a woman, I cannot separate my body from my mind when it comes to sex. I can get a sexual release without someone with me, but it's just that -- a release. Sometimes, even with my boyfriend, it's just a release, too, but the chance of experiencing real physical love can only surface if he's there and actively participating.

And actually, i don't think we are in disagreement, Angela, but i think, in general, people have significantly misunderstood what i said in that comment.

I said, "if you're talking about BIOLOGICAL needs..." I did not say emotional, i did not say whole person, i did not say mind!!!

I was talking from a purely medical standpoint, and not taking into consideration the whole person BECAUSE this comment was in REFERENCE to something haridas said about abstention from sex being detrimental to health.

Your mind may know, Angela, but from your body's standpoint the sexual reactions are identical, and this is medical fact.

I absolutely agree with you, however, that we are whole people, our mind and emotions most certainly know the difference between masturbation and intercourse. Of course we do! And as human beings are social creatures, we have social needs, which for many of us, includes desire for a sexual partner or lover.

Wolf
Wolf
Alexandra,

I came on the forum today and found that your answers to Haridas have only one objective- to put him down.

You are repeating what you did with Manjari.
Are you looking for a fight?
Write to me on cdmohatta@gmail.com
I will come on the forum whenever you wish.
Pl. leave Haridas alone.

With much compassion, love, Karuna, Metta and all that which in reality means to trouble others.

Wolf
Wolf
Haridas,

Most of us are hypocrites and actors.
Lucky are those who speak out what they wish to honestly.
We all wrap up our real thoughts in words and soften.

Zebra
Zebra
Hello CDM.... I was wondering what had happened to you, nice to see you again!

I'm not here to put anyone down, or to do anything. I'm here to join in a discussion with others, and engage in a positive way.
If either you or haridas truly believe my intentions are negative, then I am sorry, but you have constructed a false perception of me, and that is your problem, not mine.

This is all I will say on the matter, here or anywhere else.

But thank you as ever, for coming in on forum, and expressing yourself so pointedly.

With much sincere and heartfelt Metta and Karuna to you, and a Merry Christmas and a happy new year, if I don't see you again before then.

Love, Alexandra.

Gecko
Gecko
Thanks, Hollyelise, for clarifying. Apologies to Haridas for the misquote.

I'd be interested in this "medical fact" that the body knows no different -- and that's not a challenge, I really am interested.

I've read other articles that chocolate stimulates the same nerve centers in the brain as marijuana.

YAY for sex and chocolate!! laugh

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
Zebra
Zebra
I'd love to do some research on Chocolate, and its origins....the ancient Mexicans and Peruvians used it, I believe, and it certainly adds a kick to chilli....

Just when it began to have connotations as an aphrodisiac, I'm not sure...is it scientifically-based, or do we just think it's because if a man brings his girlfriend/wife chocolates, he's hoping for something 'sweet' in return?

Probably both....

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.