logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Parakeet
Parakeet
Just having kids doesn't make a family. A family can be many things these days. My husband and myself and our dogs are a family, to me. Families are increasingly not only a heterosexual couple and the children they made together. There's blended families, single parent families, adopted/foster families, gay couples with their adopted children making up a family...the traditional description doesn't apply anymore. So, don't worry about "not having a family"...if you have wonderful friends, you can make your own family of your choosing.

Cindy

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Lisa, I think I would enjoy hanging out with you and your daughter, and doing the things she enjoys. You're lucky to have a daughter who likes doing things with you. I like "good" kids her age, they're fun to be around.

But the idea of all the "baby" things just bores me to tears. So much work, repetition, and no one to talk to most of the time. I remember going over to the home of one of my husband's friends during the day once when the wife was home with the kids, a baby and a young toddler. I walked in and the house was in shambles, toys scattered everywhere. The TV was playing "Barney" or the Wiggles, can't remember which. The mom looked completely frazzled and worn out. I just don't think I could cope with all off those things by myself, husband at work. The sameness of doing that over and over each day...I can't imagine it.

Cindy

Originally Posted By: Lisa_Orlando
I have experienced ALOT of emotions as a parent but boredom was never one of them.

I enjoy my daughters company AND enjoy doing the things that kids enjoy, assuming your not talking about others annoying kids. I LOVE my daughter but other peoples kids annoy me.

I LOVE going shopping with her, love taking her to the beach and playing with her, love going to Disney. She has friends over to play and I have no problem with that.

Its not for everyone but if you don't like doing the things you HAVE to do when you have a kid, then being a parent would be very boring to you.

I think part of what brought me to this place is my parents adopted me whe they were 44 and 45. I spent most of my years growing up in the company of adults. We did fun things but most often they were adult things. When I had my daughter I LOVED doing kid things with her.

Its just my opinion but I think people should really WANT to have children, being a parent is not a passive experience. Its not like ordering a dessert that you don't know if you will like. You have to LOVE the idea more then anything or parenthood might not be for you.

I have to tell you that it takes over your entire life. There is literally nothing that is the same afterward AND that was what I wanted but if your not absolutely sure its what you want, I would give it a pass.

E
Koala
Koala
E
Thanks for starting this thread, it's so helpful to read different perspectives.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.