Print Thread
Page 11 of 46 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 45 46
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I have a story that we saw on a documentary in my cultural anthropology class.

A Native American wrote a prayer down and asked the bear to take it to the sun but the bear replied, "I would be honored to take it to the sun but I can only climb to the top of that tall tree. I do know one who may be able to take it to the sun though."

The bear called to his friend the eagle and he asked the eagle if he could take the prayer to the sun. The eagle told them that he would try.

He flew up high into the sky. Higher and higher he flew until he reached the sun. The eagle gave the prayer to the sun and when the sun read it, he was very touched. He told the eagle to give him a feather and the eagle pulled off a tail feather and gave it to the sun. The sun kissed the tip of the feather and gave it back to the eagle and that is why the eagles have black tips on their tail feathers because they were singed from the kiss of the sun.

I hope I got that right. It was told quick in the documentary.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
K
I don't know any Native American stories so I can't tell you any.
But how are you all? It has been so long time to visit in here.

But I just came to say have a nice weekend all
Your friend from Finland

I want to learn more in NA
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
It has been a long time since anyone visited the campfire. Has it gone out? Should we scatter these ashes and build a new fire?

Amoeba
Amoeba
ya ta say Katja and Connie,

I, too, have not visited the campfire is quite some time. It became necessary for me to purchase a new computer and I'm still trying to get all set up.

Even before this I felt the fire had gone out.....Perhaps DawnEagle will stop by and decide what should be done.

Until then, I wish you Blessings from the Great Spirit.
kimi kaya

K
K
In Finland most hated and loved wild animal is wolf.
And most huter and farmer is ready to kill all wolves what they see. I think that wolwes belongs our nature, but those animals who stays too near our homes to kill dogs and calfs should be scared away or killed. Sad somehow, but I think that wolwes has better be in forrest than near peoples home

I want to learn more in NA
R
R
Hello. I am new here, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading everyone's posts & especially the stories passed on by DawnEagle and kimikaya. Perhaps next time I'll be brave enough to write more. smile

In peace,
Erica

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
[img]http://[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s7/bojsows/Prayingrocks.jpg[/img][/img]

look at this picture. It was emailed to me today. Looks like rocks, right? Well, tilt your head to the left and look at it lengthwise.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
C
Shark
Shark
C
I see the buddah, but what was it, really--a croc? Do you think someone "doctored" the picture?

cela
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
It isn't a Buddha. Well, I guess it is what you want to see. To me it looks like a Native American woman praying with her child. It's not a croc either. It is supposed to be a rocky hill. The reflection of the hill in the water makes it look two people praying.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
C
Shark
Shark
C
Oh, I see it now--all I saw the first time was the child which looked like a buddah to me. If it's a real photo, it's amazing.

cela
Page 11 of 46 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.