logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 32 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 31 32
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Dale Carnegie made me think of the guy from Oklahoma. I don't know why either, but then I couldn't remember his name and had to look up the OKC state fair grounds name (which I thought was named after him, but it is actually the AIRPORT with his name). I was thinking of Will Rogers because he had ALOT to say back then. Anyway, when I looked him up, I found some neat quotes that he had made famous. (I can't think of quotes, but I can sure look them up!) wink

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to Somebody Else.
Will Rogers, Illiterate Digest (1924), "Warning to Jokers: lay off the prince"

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.
Will Rogers, New York TImes, Apr. 29, 1930 ***** Isn't that true?! ***** :

I bet you if I had met him [Trotsky] and had a chat with him, I would have found him a very interesting and human fellow, FOR I NEVER YET MET A MAN THAT I DIDN'T LIKE. Will Rogers, Saturday Evening Post, Nov. 6, 1926 ******* I didn't know HE said this. *********

Doesn't that make you think of autumn, with Sunday being the first day? Take care of yourself, Holly! Hope your evening is good and that you sleep peacefully. smile

Your friend, Trish

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Thank you, Trish.

Yes it does make me think of autumn, and i heard some Canada Geese today.

Koala
Koala
after reading this thread and some of the other post to and about and from some of the others I am not sure I want to post here anymore ge I may [censored] off the good and self rightous folks!!! Did everyone go back to kindergarden or may be high school where they had B!TC# week " hey Yall Lets pick on so and so I dont like here make up some stupid reason and everyone throws out there brain and follows!!!

funny we had trolls stay longer and come back time after time and they said horrable things just to [censored] people off but gee disagree with some one and bame Im leaving!!

Grow up....

thats the last of my rant and all I have to say about it!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Freebubbles, where is your favorite quote? Somehow I missed it while you were babbling about picking on people. It's really better not to pick on someone because of some stupid reason, like you said. What we ALL are doing here is adding some of our favorite (or famous) quotes that we might not have known where they came from, like:
"Should auld aquaintance be forgot, And never brought to min'?" - Robert Burns (1759 - 1796) Scottish poet.

Did you know that the New Year's Eve song came from a Rorbert Burns quote? I didn't. wink We started quoting famous people on friendship and now we have moved to nature. Come on and join us... anybody can add good quotes. It's fun and educational. smile

"The only reward of virtue is virtue; the only way to have a friend is to be one."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon, instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
----Dale Carnegie

Trish

Koala
Koala
thats the end of my rant and all I have to say about it....unknown

better to be thought a fool then to open your moth and remove all doubt.....Abe Lincoin...I think

still waters run deep....unknown

shallow waters make for easy fishing...unknown

Oceans of water are like emotions...If your not careful you get swepted a way.... Viking Proverb...I think matter of fact I think the others are too...

God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars. ~Martin Luther

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yea!!! I found it! I found it! "I think that I shall never see, a poem as lovely as a tree" author is Joyce Kilmer!! Yea! smile (Freebubbles, I liked your quotes! Especially the one by Martin Luther!) wink

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
~~~~ Joyce Kilmer

Trish

Wolf
Wolf
Beautiful!
Trish, you are great as always.

Wolf
Wolf
"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well said.

Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: hollyelise
hmm. I've read most of hers (Agatha Christie). I don't remember that one, though.

I was telling sexy jokes too, and I am not going to promise not to tell more. It was just that one thread.

This isn't the situation here, but i want to bring up the subject of trolls. Trolls are people on the internet (often angry young teens) who are vicious and harass others and often make racist or abusive remarks. They turn up periodically on just about all websites, so it's important to know how to appropriately deal with them. Trolls will say anything for attention. They enjoy negative attention and getting other people upset and angry and fighting. The best way to deal with trolls is to totally IGNORE them. Because they seek attention and control of situations you cannot reason with them and arguing only encourages them to continue. Leaving lets them win. Sometimes you'll see someone post, "don't feed the trolls." This is a signal that you should not engage with someone who gets joy out of the unhappiness of others and arguing. Ignoring bad behavior is actually a very powerful tool.

I can't bring this subject up really, when there is a troll about, that is why i'm bringing it up now.

Curtains-

This was the only story when Poirot himself commits a murderer.

The murderer was a very smart man. He never committed any crime himself but looked for situations when there was dispute amongst others. He used to then incite one to murder other. He used to do that very innocently and no body could see through the game. Christie at her best.

Poiroit found no other way to stop this other than killing the man and dying himself also. Read this.

Wolf
Wolf

"A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

great quote.

Page 20 of 32 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 31 32

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.