logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
hollyelise #342573 09/20/07 11:44 PM
Shark
Shark
It is a really interesting book. I read it a long time ago. I can't remember if I fully finished it though (I used to have many books going at a time depending on my whim blush) I have it here and I'll take a look through it again if your question isn't answered Holly.

I just read through this thread... it is absolutely beautiful and I was touched to read through it since I last posted.

I *LOVED* the renaming idea. It makes sense that a name reflects the truth of someone's value. "Beautiful" is what every one of us women want to feel we are... at least I haven't met a woman who doesn't want to feel beautiful in some way.

OK, I suppose it's time to share a little secret. I'm risking this because I'm hoping someone will be inspired. Of course, someone may laugh, but if one person is touched, well, it's worth it to me smile Here goes...

Years ago, my girlfriend and I were on a huge journey of personal growth and self discovery. We kept speaking truth to each other and reminded each other of how valuable we truly are. Something happened to inspire us and we decided to refer to each other as Princess. We even got tiaras one Christmas to remind us of our value.

If I'm ever feeling self doubt or feeling a little low, I'll put that tiara on and remind myself of who I REALLY am. It works every time! It sits on top of my jewelry box where I see it every day in my bedroom. No, I don't always notice it, but when I need it, it's there!

When you shared your "silly little game" on a different thread about living in a castle, Holly, I almost spilled the beans then. After all, I AM a Princess, I don't have to pretend! smile

With much warmth,

Princess Tami

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tami S #342583 09/21/07 01:11 AM
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
smile That's really sweet, Tami.

hollyelise #342587 09/21/07 02:35 AM
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Tami is a princess.

Manjari #342627 09/21/07 06:42 AM
D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Genius is not a possession of the limited few, but exists in some degree in everyone. Where there is natural growth, a full and free play of faculties, genius will manifest itself.

- Robert Henri, In Education/Genius

das #342628 09/21/07 06:43 AM
D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Shall a man go and hang himself because he belongs to the race of pygmies, and not be the biggest pygmie that he can? Let everyone mind his own business, and endeavor to be what he was made.

- Henry David Thoreau, "Walden" ( $ ) ( ? ), In Happiness

hollyelise #342874 09/21/07 06:28 PM
B
Shark
Shark
B
its a great book i found it amazing & helpful, i'll find the book my house is in such a dissarray right now & let you know i cant remember off hand its been years since i've read it.

But one thing to remember withanything regrading change is it is really darn hard and even when you feel like giving up you have to push yourself to get over your demons!

Beauty B's #343198 09/23/07 10:00 AM
Wolf
Wolf
Anastasia.

It is correct that to bring change is difficult.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
I have found that pushing or fighting personal demons often backfires on me, and that it is better for me to make allies of them if i can.

My sleep is an example. Fighting sleeping does not work, yet still sometimes i try.

When i tried to push my way through creative blocks, it did not work. When instead i worked with the block, it did. (Hard to explain that one.)

Pushing myself too hard to advance through fears also does not work for me... it overwhelms me and i collapse. But if i go slowly and try to encorporate fear as excitement or get used to it, it goes better, and i can progress.

hollyelise #343996 09/26/07 04:16 AM
Wolf
Wolf
That is a common reaction Holly.

Zebra
Zebra
I have tried to express this before, and I know from my oiwn experiences that this is not a false-hood..."At times, the very worst enemies we have in our lives, are our own fears".
The demons we fight, resist and fear, the things that assault us are, more often than not, things of our own invention, our own making, and we inadvertently place obstacles in our own way. We effectively sabotage our own efforts.
We fear the poisonous snake in the darkened room, little realising that when we turn the light on, it is a mere neck-tie.
Thatis not to say that the fear is not real... and that the tie - or snake - is not there. Both seem real enough, but then, when we examine the situation accurately, "in the cold light of day" we can see that the fears are largely unfounded, and that the object of our fear is not the scary thing it seems....

I hope this helps.
If Holly, you have decided to ignore me, I'd be grateful of the simple courtesy telling me so.

That's all.

smile

Last edited by Alexandra; 09/26/07 07:49 AM.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.