Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
I am affraid to make a commitment with a real tattoo AND I am realy affraid of needles. I'm pretty sure I couldn't sit through the session anyway.

Has anyone here tried Henna Tattoos?

I thought it might be fun and I am thinking with maybe a stencil I could create some really interesting designs. I have seen alot of advertising for home henna kits but have yet to try it. Do the home Henna kits work as well, or last as well as paying someone else to paint the design on for you??

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
Lisa,

Just so you understand, henna is not a tattoo as it does not go below the skin surface. It is a form of body painting.

Tiger
Tiger
Rae hasn't mentioned here but she has an ebook available. I found it helpful.

Elephant
Elephant
Thanks, Moe! There is that...LOL...

L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
I understood that about Henna that is why I liked the idea. Nothing permanent and not the pain of a real tattoo. I would like to try the kit and my daughter would LOVE it as well.

F
F
Hello Lisa,
What a good topic, much like you I have also thought about a Tattoo. However what seems good right now might not be the same design I would like to see the rest of my life. I have had Henna done, which is really fun. This may sound strange but when the henna was applied to my skin it was sort of a rush. I guess it the thought of getting tattooed but with out the permanent factor. I have never tried any of the home kits. I was afraid they would be too messy and even with a stencil I am still not the perfect artist. This is why I decided to go get on e done by a professional henna artist. My design was a curvy vine which wrapped all the way around my ankle. Nothing real big just simple. As for the henna, it lasted for about three weeks before it started to fade. The trick is once the henna paste is applied try to leave it on overnight with out taking a bath. The longer the paste dries before removing it the darker the design will look. Also it is important to note real henna paste is brown and fades to a light orange color. The reason I mention this is because there is black henna, which is bad news, because it is basically hair dye which can possibly burn and scar the skin. Good luck keep us informed of what design you do and how it goes.

Have a nice day

Dawn
Foxydawn30@hotmail.com

L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
That sounds cool. I have to say I am not the best artist either but I had thought about posibly making up a pattern in a stencil and using that stencil as a guide.

I also like the idea of it fading to orange since I usually have a tan most of the time, it would compliment the color of my skin nicely.

How much did this cost you? I am thinking in the long run it would be cheaper if my daughter and I did it ourselves.

Gecko
Gecko
My daughter got a henna tatto because she is 15 and that is all I will allow her, but she had it done at the shore for $25 and it only lasted about a week. When it faded you really couldn't see it because she had a tan. I don't know if that is how all henna tattoos are.

Elephant
Elephant
Well done henna can last for up to a month, but how it's applied, how long it's left on the skin and how the person takes care of it later all play into the skin life of the design.

L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
The issues with it not lasting so long is why I think it would be cool to be able to do it myself. When it fades enough so it can't be seen, then I could just reapply the design. I prefer the warm brown of Henna to the bizarre colors or most tattos. Although I was told by someone who did tats that he could do it in brown so it would sort of look like Henna.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.